What Happened To Faction Balancing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ChUnKiFieR

After all the efforts previously made to faction balance so that one faction merely by population could dominate the map, here we are AGAIN! We tried ques, we tried a VR waiting room and we tried a membership drive to fast pass the que. The window of where I can find a balanced fight is about 2-3 hours in the afternoon before the kiddies come online in Alaska and Hawaii. Then it's nothing but fall back for the NC due to the nightly Asian invasion.

If you didn't know, most Americans tend to choose NC for the patriotic look of the star and the familiar looking WWll equipment. Most Asians tend to choose VS or TR for whatever reasons. Herein lies the problem. It's all about the camos!

Now can we try separate servers? If not separate servers then how about redoing the camos and letting people re-choose a faction without losing anything in the transition?

If people can't find a fair fight, they won't play long.
    • Up x 1
  2. Blam320

One, you're kind of profiling by saying Asians tend to choose VS or TR, while only Americans choose NC. That's objectively untrue, where did you even come up with that nonsense statement? Also, NC weapons are most certainly not World War 2 inspired, are you blind? I see no M1s or Thompsons, I see weapons that look like they were swiped from Halo's UNSC.

Two, we already have separate servers; that doesn't stop people from choosing the server they want to play on, and it certainly doesn't stop people from choosing the faction they want to play as.

Three, rerolling your Empire without losing progress is not only unfair, it's dumb. I've unlocked the Beetlejuice on my VS character; if I switch to NC, I shouldn't automatically unlock the Godsaw and all of the NC analogues for the weapons I won Auraxium medals for; I didn't put in any work for it.

Four, we have a method of balancing player populations across empires: they're called Nanite Systems Operatives. If you're that concerned about population balance, buy a membership and create an NSO character. If the empire you're on starts to dominate pop-wise, leave the continent and join back in so it rerolls you as another, less populous empire.
    • Up x 6
  3. NotziMad

^

I agree with

1, 2, 3

but certainly not 4 ob what Blam320 said...

And Chunkifire, I don't agree with the "form" of what you said, but I do agree with the bottom line; I've made threads on this myself and it's not just on your server, it's on all servers. Pop balance is out of line too.

I have noticed that when a continent is highly populated it's not that much of an issue. At prime time, the "main" continent (if more than one is open) is usually more or less balanced. Or at least, the differences in pop aren't huhge.

Which leads me to conclude, as is balance for many things in this game, that PS2 tailored for a certain level of population. If that benchmark isn't reached, the game goes out of balance really fast, and it's not just population balance, every vehicle, every infantry class goes wonky. (the best example for this is the Liberator which works ok despite its strength in high pop fights but are extremely and unbelievably and unreasonably overpowered in small pop figths.
    • Up x 1
  4. Twin Suns

meh...The game rewards the "Scabs", players that have multiple toons on each faction.

Meanwhile DBG still doesn't have a faction loyalty incentive. If someone plays only one faction for a week, they should get a multiplier for their certs/ISO. 2 weeks it goes up a little further with a cutoff at 4 weeks. They switch sides at any time, they lose it and have to start it all over again.

o7
  5. ChUnKiFieR

HEY TAKE THAT RACIST CRAP AND STICK IT IN YOUR EAR !

It's not profiling to mention a person's ethnicity. You're probably offended if someone calls you an American thanks to our useless education system here. So stop being a good little Obamabot and learn to think and feel for yourself.

Side note: I don't remember floating tanks in world war 2 do you? I won't bother responding to the rest of your immature tripe.
  6. That_One_Kane_Guy

You calling anyone else immature is the height of hypocrisy. Your default reaction to any disagreement starts with ignorant ad hominem attacks and rapidly goes downhill from there. This is a trend with you that is consistent across multiple threads.

As a fellow conservative you are an embarrassment.
    • Up x 1
  7. ChUnKiFieR

Fellow conservative? When did I say I'm a conservative? You don't think a democrat can tell when their being oh so politely race baited for retraining? Oh I see, it's my signature below that's fooling you. There are democrats who think for themselves and vote for their own best interest and I'm best interested in how I can best be free and make money. Which in case you hadn't noticed is the theme of this game. BOOM! Introduce yourself to Ayn Rand. {{{drops mouse}}}
  8. Blam320

It's not profiling to mention another person's ethnicity, but it absolutely is profiling to make sweeping, untrue generalizations about someone because of their ethnicity. That's the very definition of profiling.

Also, you're accusing me of being an "Obamabot?" Are we sure I'm the immature one here?
  9. That_One_Kane_Guy

The particulars of whichever side of the carpet you hail from are immaterial as you've managed to make a remarkable *** of yourself either way. This is a game forum, apparently you've confused it with the Twitter comment section.

On topic you've already had your points addressed earlier in this thread. I suggest actually addressing them instead of acting like an impudent child otherwise this is simply going to turn into a treatise on the consequences of unwarranted a**holery you won't enjoy.
  10. ChUnKiFieR

I've done some research on you as well. Your "Fate" the same old troll under a new name. Clicked Ignore..
  11. That_One_Kane_Guy

Whatever research you've done I cannot imagine, since I've never once posted under a different alias. What an insecure little man, good riddance to you.
  12. Twin Suns

How come I'm picturing Monty Python's the French knight skit. :)
    • Up x 1