[Suggestion] Stuff planetside 3 needs to fix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tumdaydar, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Tumdaydar

Hello everyone i wll be talking about what i see needs in planetside 2 to make planetside 3 a great game. Some of my ideas are from other games like codwarzone r6siege and apex so we all on the same page. As of right now the way the transaction system is it needs a huge over hale and be more like apex or r6. In apex and r6 you can spend mony to buy the skin or item you want or you save up the curensy in game to buy the item you want i like this system more fore the guns helms and outfits. When it comes to the skines or dyes as icall it should be more like warzone were the more kills you get with a class or gun you unlock skins. An easy exsample is get 50 kills unlock first skin the one might be get 50 head shot for a skin so we alwase working for something. I feel the next one has 2 choices but its inplants. I fedl ike inplants are underwelming and should be removed from or make the inplants game changers were they make a huge way you play and take ingagements. I prefu just to get ride of them but you chose. In ps2 thare is a huge issue with spown camping and were some points so close to spown you indorse the spown camping methed. The times have changed and capture points and spown rooms need a massive fix not mutch more on that. I would like to see some hybrde mapes come in the new game. A few massive changes to all classes were nanoweave arrmor is removed from all classes and no class but scout/infultrator can stealth main reson if a heavy or max can stealth they become brocken supper fast. I am sure thare is way more that others want changed but this be long already and just want the game to be as good as possable for all not just the suppor fans. If anyone wants to add so ideas go a head it will be helpfull for all.
  2. Blam320

Paragraphs and bullet points are your friends.

One: Planetside 3 isn't even going to enter development for a long, long time, and that's assuming it ever gets developed at all.

Two: the cosmetic microtransactions as-is are fine. They already offer unique skins and weapon variants by completing directives, and everything else has been designed by community members, so buying their items directly supports them.

Three: Implants aren't game-changers because you can buy the packs they come in with DBC/real-life currency. If they were very game-changing, with the current monetization system they'd be called pay-to-win, and RPG would either need to switch implant packs to be bought solely with certs or ISO, or they would need to make every implant in the game craftable.

Four: Define "hybrid maps." Also, spawn camping has been a thing since the earliest days of PlanetSide. It mainly comes around when people figure the battle is lost anyways, so they sit in the spawn room for farm XP and pad their KDR. If you want to change that, either eliminate visible XP gains and KDR, or encourage players to redeploy to the next base along the lattice to regroup and set up defenses.

Five: Removing Nanoweave is a pretty run-of-the-mill suggestion at this point. Also, I rarely see people use the Minor Cloak implant; it requires the user to sit motionless for a solid amount of time before they cloak, which is pretty useless.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tumdaydar

Like i have stated most of my ideas are from other games that do it all better but i see your point. I talk about spown camping becouse it pushes player new to game away and they never return. Its also fun how you say implant are not game cangeing when you have carapes secsore shield nanit regegen just from inplant that do change the game masivly. Hybrid maps were you combine 2 maps into one map like mountens and desert or forest and desert were the envirments change as wer progress through them. I know its to late to get any of the changes in planetside 2 witch is why i say planetside 3.
  4. NotziMad

It's not coming out any time soon..

Is it?

I mean it's not in Alpha, it's not even in Pre Alpha, not that I know of.

So, let's say (to simplify even though it isn't accurate) that it goes a bit like this :

Alpha : 2 years
    Closed beta : 1 year
    Open beta : 1 month but could also be 1 year ..

you're not looking at a PS3 until at least 3 years from now, and that's if they've even started working on it ..
  5. Blam320

Carapace is an alternative playstyle; you're giving up your fast-recharging overshield for more HP, which you NEED a medic or medkits to restore, or else it's a very slow heal with everything else.

Everything else I can barely make out; what even are you trying to say? Is English not your first language?
  6. Werkitten

What's the point of discussing something as a project that developers won't even see? They don't read the forum.

If you want to make the game yourself, then the discussion here is not only pointless, but also harmful.

To be honest, I have a fairly detailed project in my head (the same genre of global battles, but the similarity ends there), but I realize that at the moment there are simply no resources for its implementation. I may be able to do this in the future, if other areas of my work bring sufficient results.
  7. Tumdaydar

I main put a point of were issues are in ps2 that need fixed for the next to make it better then it is right. It like when ever someone wants to help build/ inprove a game you get players like right now that block the progess couseing the issues to get wose and push any new players away from a would be cool franchis. I know this be hard for you guy but be open minded help fix the game and stone wall the to death. I just want this franch to get a second wind or it will die soon mainly on ps4. So pleas be costructive instead of trashing anyone trying to help all of you to have more fun.
  8. NotziMad

I get what you're saying. As a matter of fact, PS2 did get a second wind recently, a huge one even, going from 2K total population to 8k in a week thanks to the Escalation patch.

Problem is, most of those players didn't stay. Well, that's one of the problems.

Why didn't they stay? I have my own ideas, I've shared them before, some people might agree, others won't, but at the end of the day it isn't really in our hands is it?
  9. Tumdaydar

Its apurfect time to talk about what needs changed now so the know were to fix stuff from ps2. Remember the earlier the talk happen the better the resorces and old issues can get fixed. It also helps if the comunity all have simaler issues they know what to tackle befor alpha gaining a higher chance of succes.
  10. NotziMad

Yeh, maybe, although in my experience with MMOs in general, if you want to have an influence on how the game is developped, you need to participate in the Alphas / Betas and provide feedback there.
  11. Tumdaydar

The alpha feedback is were you tune the game yes but talking now of what we want could mean less tuning in alpha/beta. If the stuff i brought could be fixed now id say do it but most of it is core stuff that can get fixed easy in a new game. I lived long in the world of gaming like 30 years so i see more then most and stuff better then it is now. I know im looking far ahead but its better then trying to just fix a franchis in alpha were stuff gets murky.