Please OH Please take these new trailers and advertise our game to the world!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ssidistik, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Ssidistik

These new trailers they got going even the fan art videos NEED to be pushed on youtube ads and google ads for direct FPS gamer viewership even streaming platforms like twitch!

This CO. what ever name you have it under has NEVER ADVERTISED! Look at Everquest2, it is a gen 2 mmo rpg with the exact same play style as WorldOfWarcraft (The 989 devs who were fired from Sony and went to blizzard Might be the reason for the similarity) and was released the same year 2004. WoW advertised everywhere, you could not watch a tv show without seeing a WoW vert.. Everquest2 and this CO. decides to go on the reputation and word of mouth to always have its loyal fanbase and never go for gold. These new trailers they got going even the fan art videos NEED to be pushed on youtube ads and google ads even the streaming platforms like twitch.

I wish they would just test it for a week end, imagine every fps stream on twitch seeing the Escalation trailer maybe even the fan art competition winners video.
    • Up x 1
  2. icufos

Totally agree with you but....

They don't ever seem to have been big on the advertising. I maybe wrong.
    This maybe diliberate policy on their part.
    Too many players and the servers start to bork.
    So a balance has to be obtained?

They may just not have the money to spend on advertising and what little they have prefer to put it into the game.

My guess is they are just scrapping by at present.
    It's a miracle it's survived so long.

However seeing as it's unique think it still has great potential going forward.
  3. Johannes Kaiser

I remember when I the game just came out I saw a TV ad. Then again, here in Germany one of our TV stations was publishing the game in part, so I'd assume that was more their work than anyone else's.
  4. Liewec123

i hear that right now people cant even make accounts because they don't get verification emails!
    so might not be the best time to advertise XD