Test Server Update - June 12, 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RPG_Wrel, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPG_Wrel Lead Designer

PTS has been updated with the following changes.
    Test Server installation can be found here: http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/PS2_Test_setup.exe

Colossus
    Crafting
    We've done a tuning pass based on feedback to allow for more accessibility and tactical application.
    • Outfit weight from 50 to 25.
    • Maximum stock from 3 to 4.
    • Crafting time from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
    • Crafting can now be overclocked.
    Misc.
    • Added a default Horn to the Colossus.
    • Fixed various stretched textures and inconsistencies in the model art.
    • Made adjustments to Colossus icon on minimap and vehicle loadout screens.
    Misc. Changes, Fixes, Additions
    • An updated pass on Russian and Chinese language translations as been completed. Please continue to offer feedback for any standout issues.
    • Fixed the rejection messaging when trying to invite a BR5 and lower character to an Outfit.
    • PTS Only: We've re-enabled the creation of Orbital Strikes on PTS.
  2. Dargadon

For something big, with autospot for 350+ meters and which kills Harasser with 3 shots from main gun - Polystellarite price part is an overkill. So this is anything, but not accessibility.
    • Up x 2
  3. TheFacelessCore

Progress for sure. I'm still of the opinion that either the Colossus be 'not super strong' but cheap, or 'super strong' but expensive, and at the moment it's closest to the 'not super strong' but remains a sizable expense. I would either remove, or lower, Polystellarite & try a Playtest with that, or increase the Colossus health to compensate for the Poly cost.

Additionally, I'm still 'pushing' for the Daredevil Chassis to come with reduced collision damage (ideally a cap - no instant kills from full health but instant kills from reduced health, basically, which massively helps the QoL for tricks. The inconsistency of collision damage is at fault, with the same trick/jump sometimes just killing you before you leave the 'ramp', other times acting as intended)
    • Up x 3
  4. Schlauke

The crafting changes look good, but I agree with the previous posters that the Polystellarite should be removed from the crafting price to make it something that not only the big outfits can affort to run. For small outfits having to scrap together Polystellarite would mean being able to field one of these once or twice a week only.
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

Point of the colossus was allegedly for smaller outfits to defend themselves against invincible bastions (which I still don't understand why they are in the game).

So is adding a polystellerite cost (extremely difficult for smaller outfits to obtain) to craft this so called "counter" a good idea?

Lemme skip the chase: no, it's not a good idea at all
    • Up x 2
  6. ShinyAfrox

Also would be nice if the outfit resource cap was raised from 300 to 350-500. I'd like to see 500 but obviously i think its a bit much. Since new stuffs being added to spend on, such as facility modules. Currently most outfits seem to go max citadel and max orbitals, so there would be no room for extras. Since the modules are being added, and the tank an extra 50-75 would go a long way to being able to access these tanks. A few outfit leaders have said "They take up a Orbital/Citadel? Useless." so a general resource cap increase ever so slight may remedy the issue and make them a lot more accessable rather then just plain tuning down the weight of the tanks as a whole.

Especially with facility modules and any more outfit resources being added in the future (Drone/UAV Sweep?), raising the cap will have a positive impact to resource diversity.
    I also agree that Polystellarite is a bit overkill, i see the tank as more of a sky guard esque deterrent, rather then a hard counter. I sat on a bastion and killed a few of these tanks by spinning, throwing their aim off - kinda like how the liberator vs Sky guard meta is right now, except more in the bastions favour. Also present is the ability to leave, having the tank go out of range or attacking it with A2G, Armour or C4/Mines. You will probably want multiple of these boys to be able to counter a bastion and honestly unless we have like 12 or so of them pulled it seems kinda pointless as you will need mass map coverage, and a few of them to attack at once to focus their fire.
    • Up x 1
  7. DJPX

Could you please add a new permission for the outfit-log? Because it seems that there is none at the moment.

Now something to the Colossustank: Since the bastion has no weight why does the Colossus have weight?
    It would be better to remove the weigth or increse the maximum capercy since you now need room for facility modules which required alot space if you like to have some diffrend types too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.