Colossus Tank Observations

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Skimsey, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Skimsey

Overall, there are some uses for it, but it needs some changes to be a true battlefield force:

• Overall heatlh is too low. If this is designed to be a Bastion killer, it is way to low on health. The bastions points after the next update witll be 105,000 and the current on Colossus is 10,000, not even twice a Vanguard. That coupled with the shield issues below, I think will make this a giant easily killed target.
    • Shields are way too weak. The deploy shield for firing on air assets can be taken down completely with four c4 or properly positioned mines, including friendly mines. So deploying mines too to the shield to ward of harasser packs or flashes hurts your Colossus. With that being the case, the shields should be beefed up to take more damage and to also mitigate damage from Orbitals. Also consider adding a certed into item for the shiled that limits the number of enemy infantry that can walk through the shield, not completely blocks them, just limits the number at one time.
    • Make the shield area just slightly larger to accomodate 2 sunderers (ammo and repair) and two ants (to keep the cortium tank charged).
    • Right now it takes a squad to properly man, gun and maintain the beast. 5 in the tank itself, 1 repart sunderer, 1 ammo sunderer and then ants deployed looking for cortium. Add a function that allows the Colossus to mine its own cortium, could be an item you cert into. Also increase tank size to say 15k, over the 10 it currently is.
    • Gecko Support gun is awesome - love this gun (no suggestion just a kudos on the weapon)..
    Just my comments overall. Depending on how much weight it takes up and resources it uses will tell how valuable on the battlefield. Right now, as it stands, I think it will be pretty easy to kill one.
  2. Liewec123

it seems like the unanimous consensus is that the purple resource cost needs to go,

i do feel like it is a little undertuned for something that is supposed to be taking on bastions.
    but we'll have to wait until live to tune its performance, but the purple resource cost needs to go for sure!
    • Up x 1
  3. Valenz

I don't get where people get this from.

10 Poly per colossus is actually easier to get than it looks, even for solo outfits.

Have people explained why?
  4. Liewec123

well i dont believe solo outfits can get ANY resources anymore?

but anyway, purple is only gained by the outfit who gets credit for capping the central base of a continent.
    you can convert it, but its still a bit of a luxury resource,
    probably not gonna be too many people wanting to spend luxury resources to pull a tank that a few harassers can take out.
    • Up x 1