tried to get my friends back into the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tigre, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Tigre

my friends tried to get back into the game but being killed by a four wheeled bike got old. the said that a four wheeler should not be able to take out a tank or any armor so fast. it is bad enough they can clock. but giving them weapons like that. I have always liked this game but i do agree that the bike should only have anti person weapons. I do not think you should be able to clock but the weapons. you have lost many players because of this one issue as you can see from the down hill slide of pop again, i hope this game stays around.
  2. Blam320

I legit have nothing to say, this post is so incredibly stupid. Are you actually, seriously suggesting that people are leaving the game in droves just because you and a few friends had one bad experience with a Wraith Flash? That's beyond pathetic. Everyone's gotten one-clipped by a cloaking Fury at least once; while I agree that cloaked flashes shouldn't equip AV weapons (I think they shouldn't have weapons in general if they're going to cloak) compared to some other problems with the game that's one of the biggest non-issues I can think of.

It's both amazingly humorous and amazingly pathetic when someone who's clearly not spent a good deal of time in-game suddenly comes to the forums and rants about how the game is dying because they encountered some minor inconvenience.
    • Up x 5
  3. Twin Suns

Seriously. If those were vets coming back to Planetside 2, they should remember that PS2 is NOT a "No risk, All reward" lollipop shooter.

o7
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

There is no weapon for flash that can solo the other vehicles
    faster than it'd take a sloth to react and oneshot the flash.

Even if you're landing all rear shots from a fully upgraded fury into the back of a lightning,
    and then hopping off to fire AV (I like underbarrel nade launcher) for the finisher, It takes a good 5-6 seconds.

and all the lightning driver needs to do is turn and shoot you once.
    I get a few kills like this with my flash, but it takes a special level of sloooow reaction on the tanks part,
    Against anyone who isn't totally alt-tabbed, afk or in a coma you're dead in less than 2 seconds.
    • Up x 2
  5. Johannes Kaiser

Come to think of that, that could be achieved by moving the cloak into the weapon slot. Then the freed-up slot can be used on something else instead. Hm....
    • Up x 1
  6. Blam320

Personally, I think a really unique niche for the Flash (that isn't seen very often) that I think could potentially be expanded on is as a close-support vehicle inside bases or point rooms.
    • Up x 2
  7. UberNoob1337101

OP, grab a rocket launcher and show 'em flashes. You can one-shot them with about every single AV weapon in the game.

Fury got nerfed in 2016 BTW, it's not good now. I remember ppl being really mad at Renegade Flashes, but a Fury Flash nerf call in 2020, never expected I'd see this.
    Amazing they forgot the glory days of pre-nerf Fury flashes, damn good it was. Finish off smoking vehicles, farm infantry, roll over MAXes in the open, fun in crowds... and two hit kills with decent AoE.

I've seen kamikaze C4 flashes, C4 Wraiths, AV grenade + decimator + fury combo, the stuff was crazy. No idea why we're not seeing more of it.
    Thinking of something like a mobile triage/ammo carrier. Maybe make it possible to fit one of the mobile shields and make it a deployable vehicle. It is doable already with a medic driver and triage passive cert, but the healing isn't much. Could even make it a deployable infantry terminal.
  8. NotziMad

Imagine how it was not that long ago, when the cloak had no cool down :)

I mean, on the balance scale of things, flash still need to get looked at. I'm not entirely agreeing with the OP, but I've taken down a lot of sundies (tanks is harder) just with my infiltrator on a flash. And doing so is actually surprisingly easy, I didn't check it, but it feels like the TTK is really short.

That said, I think this topic is typically one that relates to skill. Because a skilled flash driver will wreck havoc, but a skilled anything else, will kill the flahsh..
  9. Johannes Kaiser

Answer to stealth Flashes that run over crowds it Tank Mines, by the way. They are almost guaranteed to not learn from this experience so you got yourself a solid Tank Mines kills farm, earning the appreciation of your fellow players par for the course.