Warning : game isn't dying, it's in a F.UCKlNG COMA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, Jun 5, 2020.

1. NotziMad

as it stands, outside of prime time (so if u only play at prime u can ignore this edit --> although, experience shows that what happens outside of prime time, very often reaches prime time later)) nothing makes sense anymore.

No one cares for anything, no one tries to do anything at all, out of the couple hundred players online; u can break it up like this :

1. a few tryhard outfits obsessed with resources ghost capping left and right in an organised coordinated way

2. a few hardcore players (like me) defending bases against impossible odds, trying to cut off zergs, save the ******* faction

3. the huge majority of players who simply couldn't care less. But wait for it, it's not like it was before, where some players, or a lot of players couldn't care less, but at the same time felt bad about it... You know what I mean? Now it's official, NO ONE CARES, literally.

The only thing that matters is that green dot people can click on to spawn. Once it's gone, well, whatever, we'll find another green dot. And if there are none, then swap faction or log off.

THAT IS NOT PLANET SIDE 2.

You are TURNING IT AGAIN INTO A ZOMBIE GAME.

It's not PVP either. It's meaningless. It's pointless. It's a TOTAL WASTE OF ***** TIME.

******* devs and their ******* bastion I swear to god, DBG, Rogue Games, you took a unpolished gem, a rough but beauyful and not rare, UNIQUE ******* gem, and you muffled it, you dumbed it down, you made it stupid.

You took something really precious, something that broke the frontiers of online gaming, of pvp gaming, something that inovated, that was EXCEPTIONAL, and you tore it to shreds with your incompetence lack of professionalism, lack of ******* common sense and I could go on.

There really aren't that many games that survive this long, 7, 8 years, that's A LOT in online gaming, but I really think now, if you're not gona support the game, develop it, work on it properly, you might just well just put it out of its misery.
    • Up x 5
  2. icufos

'2. a few hardcore players (like me) defending bases against impossible odds, trying to cut off zergs, save the ******* faction'
    NotziMad

Yes, I'm definitely a 'number 2'.:oops:

Nobody cares?

Well obviously you do as your so very angry right now......so there's still hope.

I also care so that's more hope right there.

The games unique and yes, been going for 8 years so the model works. More hope.

Ok, it's nearly gone extinct several times but so did the precious human race and that's still here...so more hope.

Personally I've loved everything they added so far.
    The Bastions give me a real thrill. I joined an outfit after forever not doing so.
    Can't wait for the new SMG and Mongo tank. Money on stanby.o_O
    • Up x 2
  3. Caesar_REDMIST

I think gamem is pretty ok.

Could be better, but instead of asking for UTOPIAS, try to ask for things that can be achieved.

For example: removing spitfire turret from tactical slot is a SUCCESS.

Next success could be BANNING the new "SMG WREL weapon that spams everything" with next patch.

If we protest strongly in the end they will do something (like spitfire) but only if you do not shout those titles and try to reason a little bit being polite in the meantime.

If you don't like the game off prime time, just log off and do something else. The issue I had when non playing prime time is because I am SOLOING and that is the issue.

With a full squad you start to affect outcomes of auraxis.

You cannot think to do it solo.
  4. NotziMad

I actually didn't ask for anything at all..

But now you mention it, how's this for something that can be achieved ?

Roll back to 4 years ago?

Point is, a balanced game, where objective driven players, tactical and strategy oriented outfits, random public squads and random players in general, people who cared, people who didn't, people who want to win an alert or people who just want to fight for 45 minutes, they all played the same game in a way that was balanced, in a way that (more or less) made everyone happy.

You could do whatever, it wasn't a problem because the gameplay of one group never or rarely impacted on the gameplay of another.

You don't think this can be achieved? It was achieved 4 years ago..
  5. Caesar_REDMIST

I think the people that play this game are more or less the same type, I don't' see much difference now than in 2014/ 2015 for example.

Some improvements can be made, for example:

• Fixing the voice chat bug. This is a MAJOR issue of the game now
    • Auto disband a squad /platoon if nobody places a waypoint for 5/10 minutes or something like that. There are too many dead random squads around running like headless chicken with PL and SL not placing waypoints. An auto disband feature would be nice
    • Remove XP for kills and give them only for holding or taking objectives. So you remove people that farm, completely (ok this will never happen, it will shrink the playerbase too much)
    • Give PL some reason and satisfaction to lead, or create some other role as faction leaders that can give orders on the map, and only that.
    • Actually make more continents and lock them, make continents consequential with some sort of huge war. Make war last like 6 months or 1 year then reset everything.
    I think if they fix the voice chat bug it will be very good for the game.
    Rest is just chit chat. I fell the autodisband of platoons would be nice. Or platoons that can be flagged as OUTFIT and that can be disbanded from outside by any officer of the outfit.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

game isn't dying but Wrel is really turning the knife to try his hardest to kill it.

we had 5 orbitals within 2 minutes at some random base the other night,
    it wasn't central indar where i know people like to spam OS for the cheap farm.
    just some random little base and neither faction could do anything because were were all stuck camping in corners for 2 minutes.

i' was a max when the first one hit (from an ally), oneshot my max indoors ofcourse,
    waited for the 2nd one to go and then pulled another max, again oneshot, this time i hadn't even left the spawn room,
    no rez from allies ,well there goes 900 nanites of BS, and then we still had 3 moire of the ret@rded BS to sit through.

can't we just rewind time to before Wrel, back when PS2 wasn't all about orbital BS and Bast@rdions,
    back when bases could actually be defended and zergs weren't showered with rewards.

hell, even before the population queue, i remember TR on Ceres (before the merge with cobalt) used to have a massive overpop,
    but NC and VS would just focus them more, the game felt balanced.
    there was no waiting, no big stupid nukes, no invincible flying death machines,
    REAL planetside, not Wrelside.

wrel was a dude that reviewed weapons on youtube,
    that was it, this dude is not a game developer, he's a youtuber.
    and now he is titled LEAD DEVELOPER, this youtuber is now steering the fate of the whole game...
    • Up x 4
  7. JibbaJabba

What server?

Emerald still seems very healthy right now even during off peak.

Connery is pretty rough, unless it's prime time on the main continent.

They do need to fix the voice...it's huring new players bad.
    • Up x 1
  8. NotziMad

Cobalt, I assumed it would be the same whatever the server but I've literally never ever ever ever played on any other server, like ever ever ever at all EVER ! lol
  9. NotziMad

I don't disagree with all or any or most whatever, of what you said, but it isn't what I was trying to say.

Imagine one evening, you sit down to a game of monopoly with your familly. Cousins are here, whatever, a biggish group for monopoly.

And when it's time to start playing, you know monopoly right? You're "supposed" to buy property and make people pay if they stop there. So that's what you do, it's the game.

But imagine that out of the 7 people playing monopoly, you, and maybe the dodgy old uncle over there, are the only ones playing like it should be. Everyone else is zooming around the board, one cousin says "I'll race you!" you're little brother is like "ok ok come on then" and instead of buying property and stuff, they are seeing how fast they can go round the board in how many dice rolls!

I mean fine, you wana play ******* monopoly dice roll race, no problem, but that IS NOT what I signed up for !

edit -> and more to the point, that isn't what the people who made this game had in mind in the first place..
    • Up x 2
  10. Somentine

11. SikVvVidiT

Healthy, not at all. Game is on Life support, you can barely get two conts locked, and their are a LOT of people that are jobless right now... The Youtuber is doing his best to kill off the rest of the population.

I agree with the OP, which is why I canceled my sub two months ago.. I pumped all types of money into this game, I wanted it to prosper... But not any more, I hope Wrel continues to kill it and his career in LEAD DEVELOPING too.

My hopes is maybe just maybe someone more capable buys the IP and makes PS3... Or maybe just another MMOFPS.. or maybe Blizzard revisits that Titan Idea...Either way I do not trust these developers to make the right choices in this game.. I mean they just gave EVERYONE spits!!!....What kinda of silly stupid **** was that, I could careless if they are changing it back. They should have never came out with that stupid **** in the first place.
  12. blackboemmel

13. Blam320

Oh look, another rage post where someone vaguely threatens that the game is going to die unless we obey their whims and make whatever changes they demand.

How about you cool off for a moment and reflect on how the game's stayed alive for 8 years. Zergs were around for a lot longer and that's by and large a product of the type of people that plays this game: the run-and-gun type from Battlefield that doesn't particularly care about strategy or skill, as long as they get an easy win.
    • Up x 4
  14. NotziMad

15. NotziMad

yeah try that again buddy.

Let me spell it for you.

The first 4 words of the title are :

Warning : game isn't dying,

Good talk though, nice one mate, really appreciate that, show you've got potential!
  16. TRspy007

Perhaps it isn't what people had in mind in the first place. I'll admit, during the first few years the game was really strategy based, I had tons of tacticool moments and from time to time I still try to replicate that, to no avail.

Thing is if only 2 people wanna play the game that way, they aren't a majority, and it's much better for the game to invest in those 5 others who enjoy playing the game in that particular direction. No one is really playing "right" or "wrong", there's just a majority of people doing on thing, and a minority wanting the other.

The monopoly comparison isn't really accurate though.

I would say it's more like a water-park. You're there with your group of a dozen friends, and all try a few rides together. After a while, you've got 10 friends who want to go eat, but you and your buddy are at a water-park for rides, not food! So your ten friends share a meal at a restaurant, while you and your other friend continue going on rides. Everyone is able to do their thing. Sure, you'll likely miss out on a few jokes while you're by yourselves having fun, but that's your decision. You can't force everyone to go on rides with you, just like they can't force you to eat with them. You each just do your thing, and then meet up again later.

Sure, you can argue that the point of going to a water-park isn't to spend your day eating, on the other hand, you can say the point of the park is to have fun, so if people have fun sharing conversations over a meal, it's not a bad thing - especially since it has no impact on others.

At the end of the day, there's plenty of room for every play-style, even if they don't want to play together. If you don't like the farm, you can always go n a corner start your own cap. No need to hate the majority just because you refuse to separate from them without changing your play-style.
  17. OneShadowWarrior

Agreed. They really screwed up with Outfit Wars and Bastion Carriers.

It’s a real mess now.

I wonder at times who the hell they are listening to with these ideas.
  18. nameredacted

my man, have you ever played on 2Fort
  19. Gutseen

now what? make every game a fortnite rainbow gaggle**ck cuz "DA MOJORATEH" wants that?
  20. OneShadowWarrior

I was just in the game sent my opinion in bug report. More than half of the population of PS are solo players or new and no one in the real world has time but for a few hours of gameplay. The problem with what they been doing with Outfit Wars and Bastion Carriers is trying to beef up an audience that zergs. Actually encouraging bullying, harassment and toxic behavior, the worst outfits that zerg and win by sheer numbers or exploitation. It is the lowest denomination of skill and not the foundation of what the original Planetside was built on.

Just like Battlefield V, they are listening to the wrong people and instead of releasing new maps, viable content, performance fixes, eradicating bugs and cleaning up the engine with better graphics choices and sound. They are skirting around the issues, putting in the wrong content and heading in the wrong direction with so many nerfs, encouragement of spawn camping (which has always been a issue) and the most importantly they forget how to make the game fun.
    • Up x 5