Planetside 2 Twitter

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Jun 7, 2020.

1. TRspy007

This is just a post for lols.

https://twitter.com/planetside2/media

The planetside 2 twitter gets less likes/comments/retweets than most personal accounts on each of their posts. Most of their posts struggle to get 50 likes, much less any comments/retweets. Obviously choosing a platform that limits replies to 280 characters isn't the best way of getting proper community input.

Yet they decide to make it the primary platform to communicate with the player-base, when they've clearly got more people involved in the OFFICIAL forums.

?????

Anyone can to explain this this approach? I could be missing something, but is it not a perfect example of how they fail to realize how flawed their direction is?
    • Up x 1
  2. Twin Suns

It's not the only company doing it. It seems to be the new trend in business.

IMO. Tuck Fwitter. My mama warned me about people sleeping upside down. She said they be batstick crazy. ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. pnkdth

If you want to be heard/seen then go to reddit.
  4. Blam320

Because social media is a lot more accessible and visible than Reddit? Tweets are easy and will automatically show up in people's activity feeds in they follow the account, whereas nobody uses the official forums anymore, and only the hardcore people ever go to Reddit.
  5. TRspy007

but that's the thing, there's more people checking the forums than this twitter lmao
    • Up x 1
  6. Twin Suns

Tuck Fwitter! Those batstick crazy toilet lickers don't even need a character account to post about a game they've never played.

7. Clone117

I never rlly cared for social media. Im content with pathetically sitting on the sidelines eating popcorn and drinking soda. Asides all that twitter and the various similar sites are an abomination to humanity as far as im concerned. But my opinion is irrelevant there.
    • Up x 3