Please use balance queues 24/7

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by alienprobe, Jun 6, 2020.

1. alienprobe

I am on soltech vanu, The most underpopulated faction of all servers proven by last outfit wars. We are constantly out numbered 2-1 and often times more.

Why dont they use a more strict balance que system, and when people have to Que, suggest new players to switch factions. Seems like that would make the game more healthy in the long run.

They have a rule in low pop/morning where i think if its less than 50 players then there is no que whatsoever, and you can get 6-1 in the morning . Just yesterday it was me trying to breach a capture point with 3-4 players in there. Its nearly unplayable.

The extremely unbalanced morning times could be influencing the main pop times since people get crushed and log out/switch to winning faction which continues throughout the day and is cyclical. I dont remember vanu being so underpopped before the escalation update. NC got so many new players from that update and it seemed like they beat the crap out of the vanu faction and only hardcores are left after things have cooled down.

Has the daybreak tried using a morning queue? I dont see why its not the better option. I refuse to grind in the morning and i love this game, i doubt a new player would want to either unless they are on TR.
  2. NotziMad

when the queus are not "off" but the pop is neverthgeless not balanced, that's more people logging off than people switching accounts
  3. TRspy007

lol queues have never worked, for the simple reason they just balance overall continent population, not the population in actual hexes.

We're going to force people to wait 30 minutes in an already dying game just for them to warp to a continent where their faction is getting double teamed?

It would be really helpful if someone could explain how they've come to a conclusion that faction balance queues do anything other than troll the already small player-base for no reason.
    • Up x 3
  4. Liewec123

[IMG]
    nuff said :D

but in seriousness the queues are one of the biggest pop killers in this game,
    sure we can hook the new players and they'll maybe stick around to lv 15 (or whatever level the faction queue starts to take effect)
    and then they'll be sitting for 10 minutes wondering why they're waiting so long to play a buggy 8 year old game.
    [IMG]
    scenes like this just make people get bored and go to play something else,
    something that they ARE ACTUALLY ALLOWED TO PLAY.

my favourite times in PS2 were in the early days before the faction queues even existed.

remove queues, give underpop faction bonuses, WIN.
    imagine if while you have a massive underpop you're passively gaining double XP and higher resource gain, i'd enjoy that!
    • Up x 3
  5. UberNoob1337101

Counter-suggestion : remove faction queues from the game

Let me play the game, dammit!

Queues usually only prevent players from playing, sometimes a faction is under 25% pop, and 2 factions are being pulled down and can't play without waiting for a queue just because 1 happens not to have as much pop.

ppl will balance the game itself through double-teaming, 50%/25%/25% can still be 50% vs 50%. Even in the most extreme cases of overpop, it still wouldn't be much of a difference between queues and no queues, aside from getting into the action quicker.
    • Up x 3
  6. SteelMantis

I agree with most people saying that queues are bad for the game.

If you are not happy playing VS Soltech then you should be thinking about playing another faction or on another server. It's completely unrealistic to think the devs are going to lock out 85% of Soltech's players to balance populations when VS only has 5% pop on. It:s also unlikely that VS pop is going to improve in the short term.

VS has healthy populations on Connery these days and if you are playing in the morning in local time for Soltech that's around prime time in the US West Coast. If you have a decent connection to Connery you may want to check it out. (I play Connery in the morning and Soltech at night myself.)
    • Up x 1
  7. waystin2

I pay a monthly sub and severely dislike waiting when I have dollars committed. Increasing the severity? No way. Force you go to a different faction? Maybe.
    • Up x 1
  8. NotziMad

when you buy a ticket for an airplane.

Right? You know where this is going already right?

Most of the time, there are queues.

And all those people queuing to get into the airplane have comitted dollars (like you say).

I'm not disputing your stance that there should or shouldn't be queues. I'm just pointing out that that typically entitled argument is wrong and it sucks.
  9. waystin2

Entitled? LOL It helps keep the lights on. There should be benefits for that. No waiting really should be one. I am willing to jump to other factions though now that my other characters are getting certed out.
    • Up x 1
  10. NotziMad

There ARE benefits to it, you pay and you're not aware if them?

On topic, when there are queus, members jump it. If you're queing, it's only with other members.. so yeah..
  11. Clone117

I actually dislike the queues as it does nothing but waste an individual players time. Y should faction mains be forever stuck in vr just because their faction has more afk players at the warpgate than the other two?
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

subbers should NEVER wait, period.
    we shouldn't just go to the front of the queue, whether it is faction queue or continent queue,
    we should click on a continent and GO THERE.

we could be paying for spotify, netfilx or something,
    instead we're paying for a few minor bonuses in an 8 year old game.
    the people paying for the game should never be told to wait.
    • Up x 1
  13. AlcyoneSerene

Remove the queues altogether, as others suggest. I doubt it makes any difference anyways.

Very frustrating trying to organize a small squad or join your outfit on different continents while deciding on queue timers and what may open next.

Double XP for underpop I like as well and I would switch between TR & VS since I play either now quite at random.
    • Up x 3
  14. Redsun

Or just make NS Operatives free to play! solves the population balance problem by itself
    • Up x 2
  15. Liewec123

on Cobalt at primetime "nso" is pretty much "vs" these days, and i hate playing VS at primetime XD
    (they're super zergy)
  16. Johannes Kaiser

Probably wouldn't solve it, but it'd be a damn sight closer than doing nothing. :)
    • Up x 1