From Planetside to Campside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jun 4, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Well Wrel Planet Games went from Planetside to Campside in these updates. Your either part of a big outfit or your nothing at all. PS has always been campy with badly built bases and horrific spawn rooms in a weird way they seem to encourage the camping. Well now it’s the 70/30 rule, 70% show up and your badly outnumbered, the fights are built for he who zergs with the most numbers wins. There is no skill in this and the fights are very stale, very boring, you either stay out of main bases by constructing a small one and either snipe or use aircraft and wait till a base get’s overzerged in a similar fashion to go on offense.

Welcome to Campside.
    • Up x 4
  2. Blam320

It's been this way for a very long time now. War Assets just brings out the worst in outfits. I agree that something desperately needs to be done for the future health of the game, but it's being intellectually dishonest to pin all the blame on one dev.
    • Up x 3
  3. Johannes Kaiser

True, part of the blame is on the platoon commanders, who - instead of distributing their forces in a meaningful way - just throw everything at a given problem with no regards to anything.
    • Up x 3
  4. Ssidistik

It is not the devs fault that once a team gets pushed into the spawn room they tunnel vision and don't leave till the base is caped.
    I myself love this time, the pushing team thinks everyone is in the spawn room and I spawn at the base next door pull a vehicle and flank and take out 3 4 5 vehicles and then walk around behind the enemies shooting them in the back of the head because they tunnel vision on the spawn rooms. If more would just spawn at a base next door and get out of the "camped" spawn room being SPAWN SHIELD HERROS!

It is by choice people get what you call "camped" in this game (Finger up the nose, scratching 4$$) they choose not to leave the spawn rooms.
  5. SikVvVidiT

The Youtuber is to blame... Personally I hate the guy and I know it's a strong word but I just do.
    • Up x 2
  6. ShotMeTender

Dude just a couple of things...
    11850 report tickets opened in 15 days and Saturday+Sunday time = immortal people wrecking everything and dodging straight hits in some way.... I got your point but camping style despite a promised more dynamic one is our lesser problem atm.
    We are 5 friends playing PS2 since 2013 and on weekend K/D indicator trend diggs into the ground... This is not normal at all, not even under SoE we'd saw something like that.
  7. TRspy007

lmao, you're not being serious are you? :D:D:D

You realize how irrational you sound? Surely you've recorded a bit of videos of these immortal matrix characters?

"Planetside2 was build on Cheaters"

dead

I'm not sure you're really qualified to speak about this topic xD
    • Up x 1
  8. Demigan

Havent you heard? Its more fun if the continent map keeps changing hands. Who cares if that means that defending becomes useless and "fights" turn into who zergs first. Its not as if defending is about 50% of the game right? Nope it is all about the 3 colors that particular area's are on the map! Even better!! Players from one faction get set up to stab each other in the back in order to gain each other's territory in the name of teamwork!!! Because nothing says teamwork like ignoring your direct allies until it is advantageous to let their achievements be destroyed so you can reclaim their achievement for yourself!!!!!
    • Up x 3
  9. Johannes Kaiser

Oh oh oh, one more thing for the list: Pushing mindlessly ahead too far into enemy territory (worst case: so far they cut the other factions off from one another), then f*cking off and having that line fold WAY further than the original front, losing alert after alert in this way. Also grade A teamplay. :D
    • Up x 1