Esamir need a Rework

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coliax, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Coliax

[IMG]
    I call this "Everything wrong with Esamir"

North-West to South: 8 Bases
    South to East: 14! Bases
    North-West to East: ******* 4 bases

This is so ******* unhealthy. The fraction holding the Southern Warpgate win the alert in 70% of all cases (at least on Cobalt). I think one of the easiest solutions would be to move the Eastern Warpgate down to the region of Geological Survay Camp or move North-West and South more to the left/right and add at new bases between them.

I know this is posted a lot in the forums every year, but that only proofs the point that esamir need a rework because right now it's just ********
    • Up x 4
  2. Coliax

And this is not about TR having 88%, they only got that mutch because Mani is a zerg factory (if nc or vs would have the southern warpgate then the other two fractions would fight in mani, this has nothing to do with fractions but with esamirs base layout)
    • Up x 2
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

Esamir is long overdue for an overhaul. Any faction in the NE corner is a death trap. It's my least favourite continent.
  4. Johannes Kaiser

I like Esamir a lot (because of the visuals mostly), but I have to agree in terms of continent layout it's horrible.
    • Up x 2
  5. TRspy007

Yeah they could switch the eli amp with the south wg, and then maybe rework the lattice a bit so there's an equal number of bases between each wg.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

i like esamir because its fairly flat and isn't full of clutter, want to go to a different lattice link?
    go there! there isn't a giant mountain in the way!

and there isn't trees, water, fog or any of the hossin junk.
    • Up x 1
  7. AlcyoneSerene

Indar's stalemates across the same old bases needs a rework too.

Hands off Hossin, the only truly great continent.
    • Up x 3
  8. Werkitten

I like Esamir, because it is less likely to overload my weak PC :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Johannes Kaiser

Agree with the first one, absolutely not with the second.
    Just as well, first is a fact, second is opinion. :D
  10. IVANPIDORVAN

I think it's been some sort of promised on one of the "recent" dev streams.
  11. Crayv

Trying to get even dispersion with 3 points on a square map must be hard. Made even harder by trying to cram over 50 bases as well.

Anytime one faction is a bit closer to other, they tend to focus on each other while the distant 3rd faction just sweeps the whole continent.
  12. NotziMad

Esamir, just like every other continent, was designed to be balanced in a certain way.

DBG / Rogue Games introduced changes that altered that balance.

Example, and relevant here : spawns in biolab.

So it's a dev thing, they aren't doing their job.

But at the same time, it's players. All the players who give a **** (like you) left the game, and all the players who stayed, are players who don't give a **** at all and play this game as if it were some kind of MOBA.

(and when I say "all", I don't literally mean "all")

___

Pop before Escalation was on average 2,000 players.

After Escalation that peaked at 8,000

For a few weeks now it's back to 2,000
    ___

That's 6 thousand players who didn't stay in the game.

The ones who stayed, are the one who are happy with this situation.

Logic right?
    • Up x 1
  13. Clone117

We also need to fix the hacking terminal through wall thing. I like esamir and its flatness. But it does need a redesign. (currently salty because had to bare witness as an infil hacked ma terminal and pulled several sundies at an already under zerg base. It was disgusting to witness.)
  14. icufos

Yes, it's my favorite for that reason. I also like Christmas alot so always looking out for Santa.

Like to see snowfall happening but guess that's pushing it in a performance sort of way.