AIMBOT ALLERT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xipoid1, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Metalghost

The Cheaters in this game are just going to defend themselves its a pretty big good old boys club in this game. Until they actually care about cheaters it wont stop. Daybreak doesn't care nor do they care to put in the resources to combat it. There is a reason why its so prevalent. As long as they are getting a monthly stream of cash coming in from subs and the store they wont lift a finger. It't the nature of these kind of games today.

Anywas had a guy kill me 20 times in a row. Half the time I unloaded a full magazine into him while he was killing someone else and he didnt take much damage. Right after he killed the other dude I died from a head shot, it was an instant one hit. The screen showed he had full health still after.

Best thing to do is just move on to another game. or just suck it up in this game cause it will never change never has and never will.
  2. InexoraVC

Among reports and forum posts...
    If you see the cheater - redeply to other base. This is the most effective way to get rid of them instantly. And this can be the most effective way to demotivate the cheater - empty bases.
    Or play vehicles. I've seen Harasser aimbot just once since 2013. May be it is much harder to cheat in vehicles :)
  3. TRspy007

assumptions, assumptions, assumptions
  4. TRspy007

Good players - some who even have who have youtube channels - get massively reported. All it takes is one pissed off zergfit leader to ask his platoon to spam reports on that poor dude, and *poof* instant ban.

I'm not sure it would be an ideal solution.
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

Under half an hour and you still want them to ban faster?

Is this realistically possible?
  6. KhlorosTesero

I have run into some, the thing is its really easy to tell whos doing it. I got got by one yesterday, dude was, i would say a good 80 meters out or so. He was shooting at someone and killed them, then turned 90* and plugged me with an NS nigenta before i could even get ADS on him. Now normally i would chalk that up to he was faster and better then me, but i know full well i was not in his FOV, or even in his partials yet he somehow finished an engagement turned 90* dropped me in less then a second, getting sub 1 second ttk on a full heath HA with shield up from 80+ meters with an LMG is a dead give away for aimbotting.
    • Up x 1
  7. Werkitten

After an automatic ban, the account is temporarily suspended and a request is automatically generated to the support service to check the validity of the ban. When regular multiple reports are made to an honest player, the validity of which is not confirmed in the end, an investigation is initiated against the abusers.
    It's more complicated, but I think it can solve the problem. In addition, such measures can detect cheaters who do not use highly visible methods, but simply disable the recoil of weapons. To do this, you can keep a video recording of the player's fights, if the player is under surveillance (which the player is not informed about, so as not to frighten).
    • Up x 2
  8. TRspy007

Idk if the team can implement something like this, but if it can lower the paranoia a bit I guess it would do more good for the game than adding more explosions.

In addition to that it would be nice if they published the number of daily/weekly bans and share the details (that do not conflict with privacy) about some of the steps they've taken against individual cheaters. It's always the same 2-3 dudes either using that mana turret hack or teleporting around. Would be nice to know if any further actions could be taken against them, or confirm if due to their location/methods of hiding their I.P. this is not possible.
    • Up x 2
  9. gunnner10

Why I don't Pay a Dime for this BS game (rage post BTW)
  10. TRspy007

cheaters are really not that big of a problem in this game. There's about a million other more valid reasons to not fund the game.

On the contrary, if you really think cheaters are a huge problem for the game, you should invest in it, to give the game more resources to fight cheaters. In a sense, if that's the main/only reason you're not spending money, you're actually contributing to the problem.
  11. BrbImAFK

I disagree completely. Planetside and SOE/DBG/RPG have a *long* history of being absolute dog-crap at handling cheaters. Throwing more money at them isn't going to change that.
    • Up x 1
  12. TRspy007

would you have any evidence to back that up?

All I've seen is that the little amount of cheaters are quickly banned. They even took legal action against a few.

They completely suck at advertising, developing and polishing the game, but it's important to give credit where it's due: they are pretty successful in dealing with cheaters (at least the ones that aren't exploiting). although I will admit they don't have many to deal with.

That said, dealing with cheaters takes resources. I don't really see how cutting funding is going to help.

https://www.polygon.com/2013/2/26/4...larifies-banning-policies-taking-legal-action

https://massivelyop.com/2016/04/13/planetside-2-hitbox-hack-gets-called-out-hotfixed-by-daybreak/
    • Up x 2
  13. gunnner10

14. TRspy007

it's literally always the same 3-4 videos, and the guys always get banned...
    • Up x 1
  15. SolidSnake

I try not to accuse every player that kills me of cheating but there are some cases that leaves you scratching your head. I saw two NC players last week using a Gauss SAW, wearing only the standard starting look. I would get the drop on them land a good barrage of body shots, he'd just turn and drop me in like 3 shots which is not that suspicious by itself, but then they'd immediately take dmg. and still kill other teammates of mine.
    There's no way any player could have taken that much damage and kill 3 players. Same guy running back from his spawn, from about 150m. I land a few shots, he kills me from that distance in 1 second flat, he didn't even fully lose his shield on the kill screen. I don't know if it's a combination of aimbot w an increased shield/hp hack but I've been playing long enough to know if you take that many shots you don't survive long enough to keep killing other players who are also landing their own shots.
  16. Ak69

I've been playing copious amounts of hours lately. Like 8 hours a day. The aimbots are not that frequent, i know when I got outskilled and blatant aimbots are really obvious.

What is worse are those guys clipping into walls, I've seen about 10 of them in the last 4 days.
  17. DarkQuark

The end to end client delay garbage is 100x worse and more prevalent than any cheating. Focusing on cheating at this point is like putting putting a Band-Aid on a new scratch you just got while ignoring the arm that just got cut off.
    • Up x 2
  18. DonkeyX

1000% agree.
  19. Blue_Lion

basically a system set up for abuse by large outfits.
    Hey we want to win /report X, remove all the top players from another faction. Steam roll the faction. Legit players rage quite for being unjustly banned.

I think a transparent fallow up process with reports will do more to show effort. IE system notices on fallow ups of reports. will do more to remove the mind set they are not doing things.

Confirming cheating beyond the shadow of a doubt does take time, perhaps a few minutes per person. The number of reports sent likely is quite large. They have a limit to the size of staff. To get more staff they would need to make more money.

Ironic that People who do not pay because they see a problem with cheaters while not doing what can help increase staff to fight the problem is ironic self contained loop. (now then how many subscriptions does it take to increase staff by 1 is probably quote high) i would think more than 6 per hour worked so lets say over 1000 per paid mod.) -companies play numbers game to determine staff. so they likely use a formula something like that but more complex.
  20. gunnner10

It's unfortunate that Hackers only get banned when they are reported. Any smart Hacker wouldn't use 100% accuracy, as they would be obviously hacking. But if they used an aimbot of perhaps 80% accuracy, they could then claim to be good. They might not ever get reported