[Suggestion] PETITION TO REMOVE BASTIONS!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, May 20, 2020.

1. Garmus

^ This.
    I agree with every single word in this post. Instant thumb-up.
    • Up x 3
  2. SikVvVidiT

Wanna get them to take notice? Answer with your wallet.. I have supported this game with MONEY since PS1 (2003)... But 2 months ago I said F them and canceled my membership. It was hard, there are things I see that I want to buy no doubt.. But it get's easier every day.

I wish everyone would come to understand that when you speak with your wallet it is the only way to let Corporations and Companies know you refuse to take their ****... Maybe then they would start to do right by us...

The more of us that actually Pay/Payed the bills start canceling the more attention they will have to pay to what it is we want... Believe me, it will work if enough do it.
    • Up x 2
  3. pnkdth

They pushed loot boxes and micro-transaction BS so far politicians got involved. Much of their most successful games are riddled with pay to win and predatory business practices. With EA at the helm, we'd look at getting random rewards rather than buying specifics weapons (and probably a bunch of useless emotes and cosmetics thrown in the mix), season passes and pay-walls.

EA would have shut this game down and added yet another game studio to their graveyard. Alternatively, PS2 would have become just another Battlefield/front to appeal to a "wider audience." Battlefront2 is looking better these days but that's IN SPITE of EA, not because of.

DBG/RPG can at worst be called misguided, incompetent, or taking the game in a direction you disagree with... But holy hecking heck, asking for EA to take over? Why do gamers have such short memories? I mean, are we talking about the same EA here?
  4. TRspy007

Is that not better than the direction we're heading in?

I'd rather pay 2 win than 'NO ONE GETS TO PLAY! BOOM! HAHAHA! BOOOM!'

EA would have enough money to keep the game alive anyways.
  5. pnkdth

Since it would have been an unrecognisable mangled corpse of what once was Planetside, not really.

You say that now but the Bastion would have been locked behind a season pass + multiple layers of randomised nonsense (gotta have excessive mega grind unless you pay up to give players a sense of 'pride and accomplishment'). All hail the LIVE SERVICE where we take out things everything that should be in the game and sell the game 2+ times because gamers are too stupid to realise they are being had.

EA would have abandoned the game years ago and we'd all be ranting and raving about how EA kills great games, how there was so much potential. Plus the added benefit of probably never see a planetside game again since EA would sit on the IP rather than let anyone else succeed where they didn't.

Assuming, by some miracle, they didn't kill off the game we'd probably be playing Planetside7 now (season pass is DEFINITELY going to be worth it this time, EA wouldn't release a game with slight updates just to force you to pay more money... Oh wait, that is what they always do).

6. TRspy007

Doubt there would have been a bastion at all, at least not implemented in this manner.

Also not all their games are loot based; not all their games are full of gamebreaking bugs.

Say what you will, EA manages their games better than DBG, otherwise DBG wouldn't be the tiny company it is.

I'll also point out that EA was more an example (I didn't even come up with) than anything else, but the more you bring it up, the more I feel the franchise would have been in better hands under their name.
  7. pnkdth

There wouldn't even be a game but I just explained that to you (it was in the the part you omitted).
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

Had they implemented it with their resources, and focused on what they usually do, the game would have been more polished, the patches better added.

In short, the main reasons why people left the game would have been resolved, and the game kept it's popularity, as with most EA games.

There would have been more sequels perhaps, but it's unlikely they would have ditched a "successful" game.
  9. Demigan

Are there options to destroy Bastions? Yes.
    Can a Bastion potentiall be defeated by a relatively low-effort method? Yes. Potentially (through Zerging mostly).
    Can a Bastion create a great outfit versus outfit battle? Yes.

The problem is that in 95% of the cases this wont be happening. The Bastion will be a low-teamplay effort, where the outfit in question will naturally earn the requisite resources by zerging "normally", meaning it isnt a reward for solid teamplay but for all the things that have been plagueing this game for years. This also causes such outfits to earn their Bastion quickly and be able to pull it way more often than other outfits.
    Most often outfits will not be balance with each other. Allowing Bastion carriers to go on multiple hundred killstreaks for little to no effort. Their guns arent balanced, their speed and armor make them nigh impervious to attack unless its an aircraft which is one of the worlds worst balanced, worst mechanical and worst keybound air-combat to date in the entire gaming industry and even if it had been properly balanced and all then it would still be impervious to ground assault.
    The coming colossus is a joke against Bastions from what I've seen. First off only another outfit can pull one with resources, punishing anyone who does not get a tag evem though they are likely to do more teamwork than zerglings. It needs to deploy to be able to fire at the Bastion meaning the Bastion canons can easily kill it. The shield of the deployed Colossus dropped from about a single SMG magazine, so the Growler canons of the Bastion would melt that off and then the Colossus itself. The Colossus then has to fire through the Bastion decks at soft spots it cannot see and without an idea which soft spots he already destroyed and possibly not realizing which shots are misses and which shots pass through an already destroyed soft spot.

The Bastions positive additions to the gameplay happen too little, its current use (farming kills) is completely against the goal that it is supposed to achieve (teamplay). Its mostly earned not by teamplay but by zerging. To defeat it players have to subject themselves to one of the worlds worst designed and balanced air combat systems. Its a first order mess.

Removing them would be a better option right now. Then they have time to redesign them to actually help the game more than detract.
    • Up x 2
  10. Garmus

I already did.

As I wrote in some other topic somewhere in this forum, I buyed that Alpha Squad Package when the game was released, to show my appreciation of good and hard work of graphic designers, level designers, game mechanic coders etc. But when I saw a bad work of game studio managers (or whoever is responsible with decisions which things will be implemented into the game and which things will not), I decided that I will never buy even a single day of membership. And the more "improvement" game changes were released, the more I am convinced my membership decision is right.

In short: programmers did a good job in this game, managers (or whoever is responsible) did a bad job with the course where this game is going.
    • Up x 1
  11. Twin Suns

Played on my PC character for the first time in 5 years, just so I could see that flying brick $&@!house in action.
    Nothing but a Wrelside gimmick.

Well, back to console. Where I don't have see bob the builder crying because their sand castle got knocked over or some overpowered flying gimmick. Honestly I'm glad the console isn't Wrel's guinea pig. Just leave us alone till the PS5 comes out. PlayStation customers will drop PS2 and DBG like a bad habit anyways.
    • Up x 1
  12. Imperialguardsman

They don't need to remove bastions, however they should nerf the air to ground aspect to them with a complete redesign of its purpose. This thing should just be a sky carrier that can spawn mosquitos/liberators/and galaxies and lockdown air with maybe 6-7 anti air guns lining it. As far as spawning the other 2 air vehicles, they could be activated via the map for a limited number of outfit players with a cooldown period going into effect after that's exhausted (The idea being that outfits could coordinate galaxy point hold raids from the bastion instead of the warpgate when invading bases). The friggen mauler cannons and under belly AV cannons turn it into a BFR tier joke that ruin high pop fights. Make it insanely cheaper with a smaller craft creation time and for heaven's sakes remove the outfit wars bonus you get for spawning it. Congratulations developers... I've created a bastion that isn't BFR tier jokery. :cool:
    • Up x 2
  13. TRspy007

next time it'd be nice if you could create it without giving our eyes a psychedelic exercise :D
    • Up x 1