[Suggestion] The VS 'Developer' faction thread!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, May 7, 2020.

1. Hereyagoboom

I'll take my vanguard over a magrider any day. Remember PS1 where they floated over water and I seem to recollect no bullet drop? I'll take a Vannie or Prowler before the magrider but probably because I'm terrible with the magrider.
  2. The Shady Engineer

And that is exactly why Vanu controlled all 4 continents.

Not telling you how to play, if you don't have fun fighting VS then by all means focus on NC, but then you lose the right to complain about Vanu grabbing territory uncontested.
    • Up x 1
  3. KhlorosTesero

No, i would say i still can complain because its not really fighting when you are bunked in by the VS as TR or when the NC decide to bring their basition over to help the VS for reasons. Its just not fun fighting VS because they always are countering and pushing on TR.

The best thing to do is to not fight them because fighting them does not slow them down, if anything its better becuase then most get bored on taking TR zones, and then just go down to but the NC. We end up loosing territory just as fast if we are fighting them or not.
  4. brutes359

Your looking at this backwards. No one wants to fight Vanu because its a pointless and frustrating effort that sees little payoff in the end. No one wants to fight a hopeless battle. And no one wants to be farmed into a spawn room by players hurling insults in the chat because they have an inherent advantage. No one wants to be killed time and time again to overpowered weapons seeing the same ones over and over again and knowing that they will lose the vast majority of battle regardless of their tactical capabilities or organization. VS still on average outfights both TR and NC when outnumbered. Holding bases that otherwise would be overrun in minutes. And nearly 75% of 1-1 engagements on console typically end in a Vanu victory.

This coupled with the known bias the developers have for the VS as a faction leads many players to avoid wanting to fight them. its boring, frustrating, unrewarding and generally encourages players to avoid VS at all costs. Is it possible to outsmart them? Yes. Is it possible to beat them in a 1-1 fight if your skilled enough? Yes. But at the end of the day the data doesn't lie. They win the vast majority of battles and people are getting sick of putting up with it. So they just avoid them at all costs. Fighting between the NC and TR as long as they can before the big bad VS show up and end the party.

In short, its not fun to fight them....so nobody does. Its a video game. The entire point is to have fun. So that what people are going to do. If fighting the VS ceases to be fun. the game has failed its intended target....and guess what the current combat data tells us...
    • Up x 1
  5. The Shady Engineer

Holy hell, dude. Look up "learned helplessness" and think about what you wrote.

VS players are just people like me and you. Shoot them 7 times in the body and they die. Shoot them 4 times in the head and they die. My TR character has 22k VS kills and 19.5k NC. They aren't some demi-gods of Planetside, bloody their nose and they'll think twice before hitting your borders, farm their zerg hard enough and it will collapse and run just like every other faction's.
    • Up x 4
  6. brutes359

Dude you need to learn to pay attention to what others are saying here. theres literally six pages of comments offering data to exactly why Im right. You want to hurls insults and say its a learned helplessness. And yet the data here doesn't lie. people DON'T like fighting vs. I'm not alone in that. Its boring and frustrating. And I'm saying that being on ps4's only ARX maxes. Imagine what its like being a new player to the game....vs weapons complement a maneuver based play style that completely negates the value of accuracy of heavy weapons and core game play. and every time a new tactic is developed to combat them. It gets nerfed into the ground. Next update scheduled for ps4 I saw intents to nerf t-7 Mini chain gun less then a month after it was buffed.

so stop shouting victim complex and open your eyes. because its blind people like you that allow this to continue. highest number of ARX soldiers in the game. highest number of defenses, highest average KD. people are literally piling reason why what you saying is impossible into this thread. And unless it changes soon, the populations on console (not sure on pc as i don't play it) will continue to fall.

And I'd like you to prove your "oh so better then though mentality" how then do you justify the blanket-wide nerfs to TR LMGs. the 50% damage Nerf to NC MAX weapons, The Constant light assault worship displayed with the adding of the Rocklet Launcher, Ambusher jump jets, And implants such as Athlete, and Survivalist. all upgrades the support the vs style of maneuver based game play...or should we talk about the Vanu specific plasma grenade. of which no other empire got a specific grenade. or the prowler lock down nerfs. or the vanguards shield nerfs....how about the constant Vulcan nerfs....or maybe the multitude of Raven rocket launcher nerfs. the list just goes on and on. There is so much faction favoritism going on in this game you literally need to be blind to not see it. you say they're not demi-gods. Yet it seems to me that's exactly what the devs are trying to make them. Or at least make sure everyone else is absolute garbage by comparison.
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

He is right though, you're reaallly going to need to start putting up some numbers to back up the things you're saying. When you make statements like this:
    claiming there's some sort of advantage, it really calls into question whether you know what exactly the hell you are talking about.

Let's start small. Weapon stats are easily accessible, it shouldn't be too hard for you to prove there exists some significant mobility advantage for the VS weapons over their NC/TR counterparts?
    • Up x 3
  8. The Shady Engineer

Oh boy.

I made a comment, you replied to me and I replied back to you. Not to 6 pages of comments, to your comment specifically. This is important. When you're saying things like:
    What else are you supposed to call it other than learned helplessness? Language implies you are giving up without trying, citing past failures to back up your reasoning. Everyone who played this game longer than 10 hours can tell these statements are pure nonsense.

Moving on, wtf is this "maneuver based playstyle that negates the value of accuracy of heavy weapons and core gameplay" ? If you want people to take you seriously, you need to stop using made up terms.

Last paragraph is jokes. First, not sure where you are getting the "holier than though" vibe from. I wrote my VS to NC kill ratio to show that I actually walk my talk and prefer fighting cultists over rebs. But lets get to the fun part shall we:
    The what? Are you referring to the minimum damage nerfs way back when? If so, it affected automatic weapons across the board. Yes, Vanu automatics included.

They needed some tuning down. Mattocks used to delete people in a click from across a point room. That said, I agree the NC MAX got nerfed too hard.

All of these were mistakes. Also all of these are common pool items that are not exclusive to VS.

Heh.

It's identical stat wise to frag grenades. DBG (RPG now) added it to sprinkle in some more cosmetic faction flavor. Are you also upset that only the TR can equip Commissar hats?

All mistakes.

I honestly can't remember when either of those got nerfed. like late 2015?. I remember Vulcan got hyper buffed at some point and then reined back in with some damage-over-range nerfs to keep it CQC oriented. Doesn't matter much, Ravens are still the best MAX AV by far and the Vulcan is the most complained about TR top gun by far both in game and on forumside still.

Off the top of my head (I'm sure VS mains can add to the list), some Vanu specific things that got nerfed over time:

ZOE: Nerfed into irrelevance.
    PPA: Nerfed into irrelevance on both the ground and air versions.
    VS LMGs: 0.75x ADS movement removed.
    Canis: Nerfed into irrelevance.

It's almost as if weapons that are overperforming get hit with the nerf hammer regardless of which factions they're from.

Look, if you want to have a discussion about how X piece of equipment or Y balance change decision makes a weapon too strong, we can talk about it. But you need to be specific and actually refer to things that matter instead of claiming a cosmetic grenade skin makes the Vanu OP.
    • Up x 2
  9. Dral

Seems like a lot of people who don’t have a lot of FPS experience must play this game. I just don’t see any other way you can defend VS balance vs the other two factions.

It’s fine kinda? If one faction is easier as you don’t have to master things like recoil for example but with that being said don’t come here to defend it. At the end of the day most of the player base will always know VS is the closest the game comes to an “easy” or “beginner” mode.
    • Up x 2
  10. brutes359

My point exactly. This is becoming a massive issue in the game that is turning away players that otherwise would help to bolster the games population. Like it or not the NC still remain the most new player focused faction do to its aesthetics. They hold the most unforgiving weapons in the game. This causes the majority of new players to leave before they ever invest anything. And the VS veterans pray on them like carrion vultures tearing at the heart of this dying game. We need fresh players. Not a dwindling supply of veterans toting their self superiority and driving out the new players.

The game cant afford this. Especially now with how old it is and with the failure of Planetside arena driving down respect for the company. To this day I still have never met another NC ARX MAX besides myself on console. I've fought roughly 6-7 VS ones. But never seen another on NC. I've also never seen another NC besides myself with the NS commander helmet on NC (again, save for myself). VS still retain the highest win to lost ratio in the game. Still retain highest number of ARX armor bearers. Still have the best Legendary weapons in the game. And still have the largest cohesive clans (at least on console) only outnumbered by GOON. who take pretty much anyone on tr and don't really bother organizing anything.
  11. brutes359

I do believe somone already posted the stats about three pages ago...
  12. Blam320

I've put well over a thousand hours into PlanetSide alone, and you're not even close to being right.
  13. That_One_Kane_Guy

If this was true? Absolutely. Unfortunately there have been many words but little evidence to support this position. Weapon statistics are trivial to dig up, please grace us with some numbers. I'll even help you out to start with:

Weapon--Horizontal Recoil-----Recoil Angle-----Vertical Recoil----Recoil Recovery---Recoil Increase-
    -------------Min----Max-----Tol----Min------Max----Min----Max--FSRM-Delay(ms)-Rate--Normal-Crouched-
    ___A___0.180_0.180_0.400_18.00__20.00_0.400_0.400_2.200___100____13____0.1____0.05
    ___B___0.225_0.225_0.550_17.00__20.00_0.350_0.350_2.500___80_____13____0.5____0.025
    ___C___0.220_0.220_0.800_0.00___0.00__0.400_0.400_2.250___80_____13____0.1____0.05
    ___D___0.200_0.200_0.600_-20.00_-17.00_0.300_0.300_2.000___96_____15____0.1____0.1

Excuse the crappy formatting, this forum appears to dislike charts. I assume you can interpret this data. A cookie if you can guess which one is the VS gun.

If there's even one present.