► PLANETSIDE 1 - 17th Birthday Event May 17th, 20th (12pm AND 6pm EST) BIG UPDATES!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, May 10, 2020.

1. OpolE

CHANGE OF DATES 17th, 20th (12pm AND 6pm EST)
  2. OpolE

IT HAD BEGUN EARLY. Join up
  3. Johannes Kaiser

4. BrbImAFK

Might have been more interesting if you'd bothered to include some information on those "big updates" you were screaming about.
  5. OpolE

There's already the post on here. This is a post to get people who are interested to go looking. All you PS2 rsouls are lazy playing a lazy planetside 2. Some here will of course seek out the information and get playing.
  6. TRspy007

So you guys basically found a way to revive the game by using "your" own servers to play?

Pretty neat, I might have to check it out.

How many players do you have?
  7. ican'taim

There's usually a play event every Sunday and has about 30 people; however because of the birthday event there were 51 people.
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

Ah, that's pretty disappointing. I wasn't expecting thousands of players to amass, but I don't think I'll be able to enjoy the game with that scale. :(

Still cool to know that some people are intent on keeping the game alive!
    • Up x 1
  9. McToast

PS1 had some great innovative ideas at it's time and from a strictly strategic standpoint, still is the better game.

However, as a FPS it was goddamn awful even then. Today you have to be masochistic or blinded by rose tinted glasses to still enjoy that dreadful gunplay. Even PS2, with all it's faults, is miles ahead in that regard.

Most of the people who're wishing PS1 back ate too many Memberberries or are simply not interested in the shooting part of the game.
  10. ChUnKiFieR

We did this years ago with "Tribes 2". The cheating was rampant. However, it was cool to revisit an old stomping ground. ;)
  11. OpolE

Tomorrow come play. It will be the biggest turnout we have had in the history of the Planetside 1 Emulator and possibly the biggest before fully ready if it beats 1 year more development.
    • Up x 1