NS-15 Phoenix Feedback.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by YoriMicah, Aug 2, 2019.

1. YoriMicah

I have played with the NS-15 Phoenix a couple of times and it's pretty fun.
    I have 2 Feedbacks in order to make the weapon more fun and even useful.

1. Detonation.
    When firing a rocket, The player has the option to press the trigger button which will cause the rocket to explode in any given range and the splash damage will be around 650-500 damage.

2. Slightly more speed.
    I have seen the problem that every time I use this weapon, Players sometimes or always are aware of the blue bright flaming ball and could easily dodged it. The only chance I would get a hit is either they are close or they are not paying attention. Sometimes the rocket would even go through parts of vehicles like the back of the galaxy tail or the liberator tail and hit markers wouldn't register a vehicle damage. (On PS4.) It's also annoying when they keep easily dodging, making the weapon useless sometimes.

If you are reading this Planetside 2, please consider these two or one of these ideas! The Detonation I would first recommend because Of the fact, Shooting a rocket and missing just to wait a couple of extra seconds for the rocket to expire is annoying and it also makes the user a free open target for anyone which makes the weapon unfair and pretty under power. Considering how strong and fast vehicles are and how players could quickly Dodge to their situation sometimes.
  2. Badman76

I do agree there needs to be a detonation button.
  3. DemonicTreerat

Also add the option for a dumbfire mode. Really stupid that the Phoenix is a literal deathtrap indoors due to lacking such basic ability.

What happens now is you have no option but to use the scope, wait for the game to process that you're using the scope, shoot, wait for the game to jump you to the actual missile, "eject" from said missile, wait for the game to put you back in your body, then you can move again. The total time to do that is longer than what it takes to kill with a default sidearm.

Meanwhile I can and have used Lancers and Strikers to kill AI MAXs indoors by strafing and shooting while turning the overshield on and off, ducking, and moving in and out of cover. Its not hard to add, it was present in PS1 where the Phoenix didn't have the ******** "hit the giant glowing ball to shoot it down" downside, and would give the weapon something other than novelty.

Even a VS-biased tiny ******** like Wrel should be able to do that without botching it up...
  4. AllRoundGoodGuy

The Phoenix is an interesting weapon, and, in my opinion, the most fun weapon to use in the game (Lasher comes in close second.) However, it is also one of the worst weapons to use, as for the average user it is hard to do any damage with it due to virtually no aoe and no OHK. If either a better aoe or one hit kill was re-implemented I think it would be in a better spot.
  5. ArcKnight

a small group with Phoenix launchers can devastate enemy armor columns....... the problem is its nearly impossible to get a group of phoenix wielding HA's together

my only gripe with the launcher is that the mouse sensitivity feels inconsistent, sometimes it responds correctly sometimes its slower or less senstitive
  6. Danko

Dumbfire would be awesome for this launcher, and definitively would be more viable to use it, right now is very limited because of the fact that you become a very vulnerable fixed guidance turret when using it.
  7. brutes359

I agree with the speed and detonator options even if the detonator would be a bit useless do to the minuscule blast radius of the charge itself. I see far to many vehicles just outrun it. Even tanks. But aside from that it is still one of my favorite launchers. Put a squad of these guys on the back of some cloaked flashes and watch the hate mail roll in.....mmmmmm.
  8. changeusdtoreal

Putting this out here. During launch, Phoenix rockets work like a vehicle. I've exit bound to 'u', shooting and then exiting will cause the rocket to lose momentum, it won't fly straight, rather lose it's speed and fall to the ground. If you shoot straight up and exit, it will fall back to the ground near you. You can use the 3rd person vehicle view while in the air, also you can disable the HUD while in 1st person and have a clearer view. You can even spot enemies with it. I think it uses vehicle mouse sensitivity, there is an ingame function to turn vehicles with keys, I've them bound to the arrow keys.

Maybe 2 years ago, I had a persistant issue were almost half of all my phoenix launches didn't connect, meaning, I couldn't control it and was back to my HA after shooting and I also remeber, when the rocket was midair, you could view it, had the name "Planetside", devs changed that and it's "Phoenix" nowadays. I still have this connection error, but it's not as often, maybe depends a bit on internet quality and packet loss, not sure.

Truly, the phoenix is the weirdest weapon in all of planetside, because of it's mechanics.

Forgot this, you can shoot the phoenix, equip your sidearm (not good with ASP heavy weapon secondary), quickly press 'e' twice on a infantry terminal. This way you can skip the reload. Doesn't work if you keep the launcher equipped and access a terminal, it doesn't bypass the reload, probably intentional. Also forgot, when you have bugged shots were you can't control the rocket, it actually flies straight the entire time and doesn't blow up after the 300 meter, dunno why.