[Suggestion] Harasser Health Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, May 14, 2020.

1. Trebb

SO! Just curious if anything is in the works to fix the current harasser problem. Namely, that their combo of mobility, toughness and repair on the go is too much. ONE or more of those needs adjustment. I landed a C4 brick on a smoking harasser. SMOKING HARASSER and they just laughed it off and did the taunting horn.

*WHY* do these have the same survivability as lightnings?

I need to know that some sort of balance pass is coming before I spend any more money here.
    • Up x 6
  2. Werkitten

At a minimum, Harasser is too cheap in nanites, which allows you to use them in infinite quantities, although it is approximately equal to lightning in strength.
    If you consider it as a very fast small tank , it should cost as much as a tank. If it is simply not an armored vehicle , then it should not be able to withstand more than 1-2 hits from a large-caliber projectile.
    • Up x 2
  3. TRspy007

Lol, harassers have more survivability than MBTs. Seriously, it's ridiculous.

There's two solutions I can think of to eliminate the problem of them being way too powerful; either/or will work:

• Double(even triple in some cases) the TTK of their weapons. The harasser is meant to harass. I've got no problem in them finishing off targets, getting a few kills. I have a problem with them being able to tear through armor columns in seconds.
    • Reduce the health by half. Considering that the harasser can be easily repaired while in use, and is extremely mobile; it does not need that much health.
    Only thing that currently kills them with ease is air. If you empty your lol pods onto a composite armor harasser, it dies (yes, air is so "fun and balanced" I decided to test it out myself: banshee + lol pods; I've got 10+ KDR and always have the nanites to pull another mosquito once I finally die). If you pour 4-5 lightning rounds into a harasser, it lives. ????????????????????????

Buff their resistance to air a bit and make them weaker against ground vehicles.

And yeah, why do harassers take a brick of C4 + rocklets and still live??? It's already hard enough to C4 them as it is, why make them survive that?
    • Up x 3
  4. Johannes Kaiser

I just put the term Vulcan Harrasser here as a beacon for righteous wrath and disgust, as the sh*itty beacon of everything that's wrong with this vehicle.
    We should probably not ask for a mobility debuff (vehicly physics do their thing anyway), the best angle would be reducing HP by 40%, tweak resistances and then maybe reduce all H-weapons' DPS by 10% (which stat that comes from precisely should depend on the weapon).
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

i miss when 1 brick of C4 could kill these buggies.
    i like the idea of cutting their health, maybe not in half, but by a fair bit!
    i'd also like to increase their cost to 300 (or atleast 250),
    BUT they'd also get 360 rumble seats, its time for max harassers to become a real thing.
    • Up x 3
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

Lots of people who haven't tried to play the immortal harasser here.
    Seriously, try it yourself and you'll understand what the weaknesses are. Or most likely you won't but at least you'll see it's not some op ez mode vehicle.
  7. UberNoob1337101

Just completely revert every change made in the CAI update and call it a day. Harassers with lots of DPS, but low health felt right and something you could easily die to, but also kill.
    Granted, it could be lag. C4 has some issues with hitreg when attached to fast moving objects, same with mines.
  8. Trebb

Nope, wasn't lag because it then caught fire.

Today I landed 4 hits from the engie mana turret, it still didn't die. But 1 hit will kill an ESF (as it should). Once again, they have the decimal point in the wrong place again for harasser resistance values. At a minimum, 1 C4 brick should drop these (and I hate C4 lol)
  9. Crayv

A Harasser has less health an MBT and its top gun is weaker not to mention the driver doesn't even get a weapon. The main advantage it has is speed and the ability to repair while running. Those two things combined are what makes it so strong.

If your in an MBT caught out in the open it can deal some damage, run, repair, and be back to finish you off before you can even get to a safe place to repair yourself.

Sometimes I wish there would be a bug where all repairing just didn't work for a day just to see how flimsy vehicles are without it.
  10. McToast

Just went to VR, pulled a CA Harasser and shot it until it started to smoke (at about 2000/3000 health). Put a brick of C4 on it and guess what? It blows up. In a single hit. A brick of C4 does about 2200 damage to a Harasser, so it seems you missed with yours.

It takes 6 shots of a Halberd to kill a Lightning from the front, assuming the Lightning does not have FS, and 4 shots from the rear. The Halberd has a reload speed of 3,25 seconds, which can be reduced by 10%.
    The Lightning L100 AP is comparable with the Halberd. It has a bit slower velocity but more damage and faster reload. It has a reload speed of 3 seconds, which can be reduced by 10%, and can kill a CA Harasser in 4 shots from all sides. Even caught from behind, a Lightning can still slug it out with a Halberd-Harasser and win. Of course, if the Harasser has a pocket-engineer in the backseat the Lightning has no chance at all, but that's three people against one.

There are some really slow thinkers here so I try to make it very clear: The Harasser HAS to be somewhat tanky enough to survive on it's own, even though it is labeled "transport". "Transport" doesn't mean **** in Redeployside. So the Harasser needs a combat role. It is a 2-(3-)man vehicle with less firepower than a Lightning and less than half the firepower of an MBT. Is also has less health than both. It has two advantages to make up for it: It is faster and can repair on the move. It also is cheaper, but that doesn't give it an advantage in combat per se.

The Harasser needs only one change: Nanite cost 150 -> 300 (perhaps even 350, making it equal to the Lightning). Even if you use Mines and/or C4 on each run, you'll never run out of Nanites with a Harasser. That's the only issue I have with it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Johannes Kaiser

I have to add you can put the Vulcan on top. Some people tend to either forget that fact or think it's not that much of a biggie, but this sincerely impacts this vehicle's performance to the detriment of everyone else.
    If someone has the stats for that, I'd like to see them, but I would hazard a guess that TR pull more Harries than the other factions, and most of them come with Vulcan. This assumption is so far based only on observation, but I am curious to see if that observation is correct.
  12. McToast

That is true, but it's an issue with the Vulcan, not with the Harasser or the Harasser+Vulcan combo. The Vulcan is easy to use and very effective at it's intended purpose. I wouldn't necessarily say that the Vulcan is overpowered, but it gets put to good use by all players, high skilled and low skilled alike. In comparison, the other ES weapons and the NS weapons are harder to use to gain their full potential.
    • Up x 2
  13. Clone117

honestly... from the little experience ive acquired from playing with vehicles. i think decoupling driver turret aiming from vehicle movement would go a long way here. it would allow mbts to shoot whilst moving more accurately.

in turn making a slightly more aggressive and reckless vehicle playstyle viable. the lightning in particular.

im mostly talking for 1st person here tho. especially for ps4
  14. Danko

As I understand, turret aiming is separated from the vehicle movement, what do you mean?.
  15. Clone117

For passengers and gunners its decoupled. But for vehicles like the lightning it isnt unless in third person. Im referring to the driver controled gun here. Decoupling that for 1st person view would make it easier on lightning, vanguard and prowler pilots. Allowing them to shoot whilst moving with more accuracy. At the moment mobile vehicles like the harraser can pretty much dictate how an engagement plays out. This ability is what makes it so powerful. So giving mbts the capability of more easily targeting said vehicles and landing hits should help level the field.
  16. Werkitten

I'm not sure what you mean.
    Lightning, can go in one direction and aim in the other, the control is quite convenient. The main problem of lightning against the pursuer and magruder - insufficient mobility, especially on rough terrain, which does not allow you to compensate for the weaker than the MBT armor due to mobility. Lightning has time to turn behind the harasser only if it accelerates to full speed and simultaneously turns the body and the tower, which is possible exactly as long as your tank does not run into an obstacle in the form of a small hillock. Zipper tends to get stuck in the small irregularities of the terrain at every opportunity.
    If you compare it with magruder, then lightning has absolutely nothing to oppose it, since magruder surpasses it in absolutely all indicators: armor, speed, maneuverability, firepower. Any MBT for lightning is a heavy opponent, but only one of them causes a feeling of helplessness and inability to compensate for their weaknesses with other properties.
    The match against harasser will mainly depend on the individual skill 50/50, but the lightning consumes more than 2 times more nanites.

PS. It occurred to me that it would be a good idea for lightning to have a second weapon, similar to how it is done for the ESF. Especially if it's lightning with a Skyguard.
  17. Clone117

Ill try to be more clear. (I.E Current lightning 1st person view mode, when u rotate the vehicle the turret is rotated as well) essentially dragged along usually throwing off a players aim in the process. This doesnt happen in 3rd person. As when using third person view the turret is decoupled. Im basically asking to have this with 1st person view for the lightning, prowler, and vanguard. Which should allow pilots to better target and engage various threats.
  18. AK255

Increasing nanites for harassers won't change anything for skilled players except hurt less skilled players.
  19. Caesar_REDMIST

it is true, but I think devs cannot make these modifications.

Would be nice to see Lightinins with 2 crews and MBT with 3 crews, how it should have been actually.

They should detach DRIVING tank from gunning.....

So MBT: 1 driver, 1 main gun gunner and 1 turret gunner.
    Why is this so difficult?

I think because for leave the game accessible they had to make 1 man tanks.

but with release of harassers a lot has changed.
  20. Werkitten

If you mean to make a lightning bolt for two people, one of whom is only shooting and the other only driving - this is a very bad idea.
    In this case, single players will be left without the only type of combat equipment available to them. And those who ride in pairs and so can use the MBT.
    Personally, I have no problems with driving lightning. This is much easier than managing an ESF. Even to go and shoot at the same time back is quite possible, if you are guided by the minimap. In addition, lightning is strongly undesirable to substitute the enemy's stern, which means that as a rule you do not need to go where your tower does not look.