So imagine someone logs in, he checks available continent : WHAT DOES HE OR SHE DO?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, May 15, 2020.

1. NotziMad

I mean, this sucks, for everyone, it's ten times worse than it used to be.

This is really ********... and Rogue Games, that's on YOU ...

This is happening all the time now and it's really REALLY getting on my nerves...

PLZ could you FIRE WREL and get someone with EXPERIENCE and COMMON SENSE (both) It's in you're own interest, he's literally breaking the game one update after another?.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Peebuddy

This does indeed put a damper on someones moral when they see their faction all the way back to their warpgate. Thought they shouldn't see this as a loss, My faction sucks. This just means a change of tactics IMO. I don't run in outfits or any kind of cohesion, mainly I lone wolf. Which is the majority of new players.

I would suggest to anyone seeing the map like this to invest into farm weapons, I see the map this way I pull out the banshee(or your A2G of choice) and go to town. The Hesh tank, just spam attackers from a distance. Make them pay for their transgression.

Owning 5% of the map in no way impacts your ability to farm the zerg, you just have to switch tactics from an aggressive play to a more defensive one. Which isn't always inherent in a FPS.

Because at the end of the day, who the **** cares. They took the cont, woop de ******* doo. You farmed hundreds of certs, you got the next rank of your ability and made countless enemies watch the redeploy screen. That my friend makes it worth it IMO
    • Up x 3
  3. TRspy007

It's not(wasn't) that bad a thing, most of the bases near warpgates are actually quite fun, yet we rarely get(got) to play there.

The thing that has made this type of scenario more frequent is likely the outfit wars and resource system. It's just better for zergfits to reach an agreement with each other and focus on ghost-capping their own continent. More score, more resources - it's a win-win.

And as the player above suggested, it's usually a really great farm for the defenders, if you can be smart about it. Most zergs just mindlessly camp (clumped up) a near empty spawn, or just wait afk on the point because they think there's no one. In some bases, you can easily get a good amount of easy kills just by doing a flank, pulling an infiltrator, or pummeling them with your A2G ESF.

If you really can't stand it, just wait it out in the sanctuary or something. Usually by the time maps look like this there's not much left on the alert timer anyways.

Also it does a great job at explaining how continent pop means nothing. In those examples, TR are clearly the out-popped faction. However, since most NC went to ghost cap another continent, it's actually NC that count as the lowest populated faction on Esamir. We'll also take note that TR are being double teamed. That means where VS could have been challenged by TR + NC = 55% pop, it's actually TR that must fend off multiple fronts - impossible to do with the 2 factions double teaming.

One last thing, they were meant to introduce Koltyr for scenarios like this. There might be enough population for one continent to be full, but definitely not enough for a second. They should rework the algorithm so in scenarios like this one there is only one normal continent and Koltyr opened. This will help ensure that the zergfits are actually competing for the continent control, because bases on Koltyr do not count towards OW score and do not reward resources.
    • Up x 1
  4. pnkdth

This is near the end of an alert so I'm pretty sure there's been a healthy amount of ragequits/faction-hopping at this point so I wouldn't read too much into this. It has been like this since forever.

What the game needs is to encourage players who go up at insurmountable odds to keep playing (a piddly exp bonus is not even close to enough). I'm thinking higher defence rewards (ribbons, tug of war, passive loyalty rewards, etc). Also, people who quit an alert and join the winning faction should get a deserter tag for all to see on all their characters for 24h hours.
  5. NotziMad

It's, literally, a snpashot. I'm not gona take hourly snapshots am I?

Point is this used to be happen not so long ago, like .. AT 4 AM?

Now this happening MUCH more frequently and if there ever was a player retention issue (sic) well this is it.

Players might say "I just wana farm", but when they warpgated, they leave. When they see enemy with more than 40% pop .. they leave.

Only 2 kinds of players stay.

Newbies who simply have no idea, don't even know how to check the pop in the first place.

Hardcore players who enjoy playing PS2 in "hard core mode".

I do that, I do that a lot, but I swear to god, it gets really old really fast