[Suggestion] Deployable skyshield canopy is OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, May 6, 2020.

1. AntDX316

From my encounters with it, it's great, great as in I cannot do any damage to the people underneath on some hill on Amerish and other areas. At least make the AUX Spitfire turret more worth using than the regular spitfire turret. Maybe make it have dual guns?

Make the deployables cost more?
  2. JibbaJabba

Try stepping through it :D
    • Up x 1
  3. General Dragosh

Mosquitos are OP with their rocket barrages and their vulcans that can oneshot enyone as infantry while evading all AA rockets and scuh and have absurd mobility and it only costs 350 nanites . . . talking about OP
    • Up x 1
  4. Armcross

It's part of the meta, deal with it. It is part of the game.
  5. MichaelMoen

An entire capture push was reversed because someone thru one of those down with our only Sundy just outside the edge of the bubble. The entire TR presence pushed out and just stood there at the edge firing out on us until my bus went down. With the shield being one way yeah it is a bit powerful. It should be like the construction vehicle shield gates.
  6. WinterAero

''Wahhh wahhh I can't farm those on terminal or semi afk with my skilless air advantage mommy. Nerf it. Nerf it.''

So anything that works as designed can only be redundant and serve no actual purpose at all. So just remove it, along with a other things sans the Beamer and we'll rebrand to Pistolside 2. :rolleyes:

I've got to hand it to this forum. Possessed of some of the most hilariously ******** idiots I'm likely ever going to encounter. Good job.
    • Up x 2
  7. Blam320

Dude, people are already complaining through the roof about how prevalent Auxiliary Spitfires are, and how often they're spammed to fill a room with cheap defenses.

Your complaints about the Hardlight Canopy are equally invalid, since that's its intended role: a cheap option to provide a small area with cover from attacks from above, specifically from A2G farmers. It actually encourages more combined-arms play since you need Infantry or ground vehicles to remove the sky shields before aircraft can bomb everything to oblivion.
    • Up x 1
  8. Luhcs

The hard-light canopy is doing its Job. Deterring Air from sticking its nose in fights that it doesn't belong, and helping fights take foot.

Secondly, spitfire turret is already being widely used to cause split attention in many fights, the turret isn't meant to be a primary damage source; that would make it too powerful in many situations.
    • Up x 1
  9. Trebb

How many HP does the canopy have? It seems to die pretty quick to the Spur, just saying. Not sure if it was already pretty shot up, I haven't tested a new one.
  10. adamts01

Unttil territory matters, what air fights are worthwhile? Capture points are all that matters. If air isn't co tributing there, then it's pointless.