[Suggestion] What the hell is an M40 Fury?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, May 10, 2020.

1. karlooo

I saw a Sunderer with the M40 Fury and I thought it was a new gun. I forgot this weapon existed in this game, nobody uses it.
    The M60 Bulldog is just better in everything, there is no reason to use the M40, well I don't see any.

This weapon could be interesting. We received a new heavy grenade launcher for the Heavy Assault class (NS-03 Thumper), it got interesting ammunition, maybe the M40 Fury could have something like this -Disruptor Ammunition, Incendiary Ammunition.
    The M40 should primarily be an anti-infantry weapon and the M60 (Mortars) should be mixed anti-tank and anti-infantry.
  2. TRspy007

It was nerfed exactly because it was an AI weapon.

The sunderer has better AI weapons anyways, they should rework the fury to make it better against vehicles.
  3. Liewec123

they're very similar, with bulldog having advantages in stuff like splash, and sustained fire (when upgraded)
    but fury deals damage faster than bulldog and also has a more forgiving arc :)

battlebusses will more often run double fury because it lets them keep up with the MBTs that they fight,
    bulldogs damage is usually too slow to face MBTs
    • Up x 1
  4. Towie

Ahh memories - anyone remember the double-Fury Blockade Battlebuses reversing all over the place ?

Nerf to Fury - nerf to Blockade - no more Battlebus :(
    • Up x 3
  5. McToast

They turned the Fury into a short range AV weapon. It's pretty damn useless against Infantry now - which I guess was the intention. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's supposed to be the NS version of the ES short range AV weapons, but fails miserably in comparison and can't even be put on MBTs.
    If I was the guy at DBG responsible for tweaking the numbers, I'd change the Fury:

Damage: 175 -> 150
    Indirect Damage: 200 / 1m / 50 / 3m -> 350 / 1m / 50 / 3m

Test for 2-3 months. If it still underperforms against Infantry (which I believe it would)

Indirect Damage: 350 / 1m / 50 / 3m -> 350 / 1,5m / 50 / 3m
    Muzzle Velocity: 125 m/sec -> 140 m/sec

Should be balanced for the current Infantryside 2 now, and people might equip it again.
  6. karlooo

That's very odd. Why would it be nerfed into an only AV weapon?

This is how I would change the M40 Fury:
    Damage: 175 -> 90
    Indirect damage (Same): 150
    Ammunition - 8/160 -> 20/160
    Reload speed: 2.5 sec -> 4.5 sec

This would be very interesting. Basically a short range anti-infantry weapon to prevent infantry from advancing, basically suppress them. Long reload.
    Maybe the indirect damage range could increase by 1 more meter.
  7. McToast

So basically a NS short range PPA. Could work. I'd prefer it to be more aggressive though.
  8. karlooo

Don't know what's a PPA but I find the M60 Bulldog aggressive enough.
  9. McToast

10. Nehlis

Its what you would use on a flash to go after armor, not amazing against infantry but can get some kills every once in a while. Hardly ever seen it used on a sunderer or harasser, but I guess it could give an edge against MBTs if you load up 2 of them and manage to get close.
    It can actually be used fairly well at range, but you have to account for drop and long travel time. I've actually found more success on turbo flash by engaging between 60-100 meters and aiming high, since up close you will get oneshot if they can get a bead on you. Otherwise CQC cloak flash to butplug tanks with grenades.
    On harasser I think the empire specific AV and AI weapons are simply better in most cases.
  11. Nehlis

So, practicing a bit in the field, it appears that the horizontal lines on the crosshair match up to about 25ish meters each. So if a target is 100m out use the 4th horizontal bar down. sweeper HUD implant can help with rangefinding
  12. LodeTria

Why do you think? It had the GALL to kill infantry and therefore had to be nerfed.