[Suggestion] Ti Alloys needs a redesign (undergroundbase)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by player0498, May 11, 2020.

1. player0498

As soon as a continent opens, all guys tend to fight in the centre of the map. But thats due to unstable warpgates and cause there are usually the biggest fights at the start of a new continent. This is not the problem. Esamir with Eisa, Hossin with Nasons and Amerish with Ascent/Lithcorp can handle the huge fights at the beginning even in primetime. But on Indar it looks diffrent.

Ti Alloys is way too small to handle those huge fights when indar gets unlocked. Furthermore its really hard to get on point for the attackers. The stone bridge is ok to use, even though there isnt much cover. But for the faction that attacks from the north up the hill, its almost impossible to get even close to the building. And due to that there is almost no progress in the fight which leads to the fact, that indar alerts only starts after few hours (at least it takes far more time than on the other continents).

I would really like the see a rebuild of this base. Therefore i have two suggestions. The first one might be only nr. 2. You could remove whole Ti Alloys and build up a player construction base, so it means just on A point which you can capture with vehicle too. This would at least force the fights to the crown, which could handle more people to fight there. ( You may need to add some more rocks at TiAlloys into direction of crown to prevent vehicles to shot it from crown.)

Second option is what i prefer. I would really like to see a huge underground base, with big rooms (to handle many people). You could build like two entrances from the north side, so this faction can get to the point as well. And probably add another entrance from southside as well and of course for the defending faction.

But for now its pretty difficult to get a decent fight at TiAlloys and somewhere else on indar, cause everyone intentds to stay there for at least few hours.

Greetings
    • Up x 2
  2. Liewec123

totally agree that the angles of attack are pretty dreadful.

attacking from the west? good luck. you need to park your sundy to the south and the infantry need to run through a big open space, much further distance from the point that the spawn room.

attacking from the north? you poor poor people, you get farmed by the TI alloy defenders and the attackers from crown.

attacking from crown is the only viable direction, they can set up a sundy close to the building,
    since they can spawn so close to the capture room and their sundy is quite safe from ground attack,
    they are the only ones who can take Ti without sheer zerg cheese.

maybe they should increase the height of the land to the north so all 3 bases are on high ground,
    and also add some more rocks and things to the south were attackers from the west can better park sundies.
  3. TRspy007

I agree they need to fix center bases.

But tunnels...? Those things are explosive death traps, add lashers/thumpers to the mix.

I don't really like the idea of throwing those types of choke points into the mix.
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

I'd rather see the entire area completely deleted.
    • Up x 1
  5. player0498

Yeah the point with the deathtrap is good. But thats why i suggest some huge rooms with not just small doors. Like Iknam Biolab on amerish. And in the beginning there are the 3 factions fighting each other at this base, i think this would distribute the fights. Like defenders need to care about underground and faction from crown, crown faction needs to get on point but also needs to look for the faction from north, etc.

So the main idea from the underground base is that the faction from north can fight on level with the defenders in those rooms and doesnt get shot from above. The rest of Ti Alloys can stay as it is now, just add some new underground rooms...
  6. Money

yeah, Nason's really gets this part right. fights there are pretty epic when all three factions go at it
    • Up x 1
  7. The Shady Engineer

What Ti needs are closer Sundy garages. All the other bases you mentioned: Nason's, Eisa, Ascent, have good locations for attackers to set up spawn points. The only viable option for Ti, like Liwec said, is attacking via the Crown rock bridge. Otherwise you're gonna be fighting uphill with barely any cover if you're attacking from Ceres or have to run across an open field with zero cover if you're attacking from the west.

As for underground bases.. Eh, could work but you need to make way more than just 2 or 3 entry points to it otherwise it will turn into explosives spam and a stalemate at the doors. Anyone remember Subterranean Nanite Analysis? :eek:
    • Up x 2
  8. TRspy007

Pretty sure I auraxed half my shotguns in there lol. I do kinda miss it, like broken arch road. As a light assault, it at time brought some funny moments.

Interconnecting the bases through vast underground caverns/tunnels would be the best way to revamp the bases, because it is the only way to potentially create a fun fight without bringing drastic changes to the terrain. However, the devs would have to be extremely smart about it. Tunnels can be very fun, but more often than not end up being places where I would aurax my grenades, lasher, thumper, kraken, etc. We don't want to see another thing like the Crown's B point.

I would suggest turning the underground of T.I. into a series of 2-3 superposed hangers. Add multiple stairs and elevators on each sides of the hangers to ascend/descend without much risk of getting farmed. Allow the sunderers to drive right up to the massive hanger entrance(s) and deploy, that way there's no need for a sunderer garage that more often than not causes easy farming. Even better - add hard spawns for each faction, based on how many points they own (kind of like those 3 point amp stations). That way, the fight is able to sustain itself, and provides factions with multiple spawn points.

Liter the hangers with the yellow shields, boxes - the usual stuff, and add the point(s) underground. At the top of the base, keep it like it is, just replace A with the SCU. That would give some reason to fight above and below ground, and encourage some tatical plays.

Finally, revamp the Crown. I honestly feel people would prefer fighting there, if it weren't for the crappy design. No way to get a spawn up on C point without the use of anvils, D point is just....why is it even there?? Then there's the B point cancer. I feel like the problem isn't just with Ceres and T.I, the problem is that the base meant to host the 3 way fights is so cancerous no one wants to fight there.

I think if the devs actually took the time to design the Crown properly (which could actually be done without adding tunnels), people would flock there and T.I./Ceres would become less of a problem. On amerish for example, only the Ascent favors a "nice" 3 way battle. No one even cares about lithcorp or raven landing not being able to host 3 ways, because there's one base that can host them. On Indar, none of the center bases are actually designed to have 3 ways - or fun ones at least.

I'm really not sure what all this would look like, but yeah, the center bases on Indar should be reworked as a priority.
    • Up x 2