[Suggestion] Simple ideas to fix Air gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MadmanMSU, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Eaglebird

I'm beginning to think if aircraft were this awesome to everyone we'd have a lot more pilots. Yet I still manage to eat a couple lock-ons instead of running from a single ESF.

I said it before and I'll say it again, it's clear who flies. The reason G2A is a deterrent is because in base fights I'm never met with singular G2A, they always reciprocate lock-ons, a burster max or three, and AA tank guns.

Stop dying to planes by being more cognizant of the situation. If you're alone on a mountain using lock-ons you're an easy kill and there's a bright red dot that leads me back to you. If you're being strafed in a base fight, pay attention and take cover when they roll around. This is not a point and click adventure.
  2. TRspy007

Simply the interface for air makes it really hard to get into. That's why new players don't fly, combined with the fact it's really unforgiving due to tryhard pilots and terrain/g2a if you don't know how to deal with it.

Once you master esfs though, you are basically invincible.
    • Up x 2
  3. Eaglebird

Just quoting this to remind everyone that G2A is a problem for anyone flying that can't figure out how to avoid it.

So yeah, a "deterrent".
  4. TRspy007

A deterrent as you say, but only for new players who can't avoid it/counter it.

We aren't talking about the br 2 who picked up his default esf to see if he could score a kill, we're discussing the a2g farmers who are abusing the broken state of air to farm with little to no resistance.
    • Up x 4
  5. MonnyMoony

Yep.

ESF are too well rounded. Their weapons are too effective against a broad range of targets, especially considering they can equip both primary and secondary weapons.

Take a Banshee Mossie. Whilst i'm not the best pilot, I have been getting better, however I have gone up against vets flying these and even when equipped for A2A combat, they can still take me out with relative ease despite being equipped with what is billed as an anti-infantry weapon.

Similarly, ESFs can equip weapons like the Banshee and Mustang AH that deal simultaneous direct and indirect damage to Maxes, despite the fact that the Max has no composite armour equivalent and can only equip against one type of damage at a time. If as an AA max you try to go head to head with a LOL-pod Banshee mossie - you'll be dead before you can get it to half health.

IMO, ESF weapons should be more focussed. If you kit an ESF out for anti-infantry warfare, you should sacrifice pretty much all of your AV or AA capability (just like an AA max does).

Better options for ground based AA would help too. The Max should have a Walker-esq option that forgoes burst damage for rapid accurate fire that is especially deadly at close range.
    • Up x 5
  6. LodeTria

If you're dying to a banshee mossie as an a2a esf these days you clearly got outskilled so hard.
    It used to be serviceable a2a much like the air hammer but got nerfed cus it was too good at it.

It's also very amusing that no ever mentions the L-PPA.
  7. MonnyMoony

Well.....you just have.

I never go up against L-PPA as I only play VS and very rarely use it on my ESF when i'm flying because I feel infantry farming weapons like that are incredibly cheesy - so I can't really comment on it's relative effectiveness or how annoying it is compared to Mustang AH or Banshee.
  8. MonnyMoony

Perhaps. The point is, should it even be possible. An AA max going up against pretty much any class is unlikely to come out on top of the engagement, regardless of how much "skillz" the Max has.

Why don't ESFs suffer from the same level of detriment to their AA or AV role when equipping for AI.
  9. Thesweet

This is why air will be doomed to just fight air, all the air players can think about it a dog fight rather then the entirety of the game. What they need to do is just give the air pros that have no life an arena to dogfight in and let the game evolve airplay into something better and involved with other aspects of the game.
  10. Thesweet

not really, a single compitent manpad v esf will come out on top
  11. Blam320

A single competent what?
  12. Pikachu

Planetman with AA missile launcher.