RPG Should limit the number of players per outfit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Relentless24, May 9, 2020.

1. Relentless24

Zergfits are a continuous problem in the game that is ruining the game in a lot of aspects.
    One of them is outfit wars.RPG tried to fix the system but in my honest opinion it didnt work.Still zergfits are first and will stay first.It is a bit better but still its eh. The best solution that comes to my mind is limitting the players per outfit.
    **Why would an outfit need 10k members?**Limit the number to 150-200.I havent put much thought into the number but you get the point.High enough to create a platoon but low enough to not spamm invites to every single player in the game.Zergfits litteraly invite every new player into their outfit in the first 1-2 minutes.
    With the increasing interest in outfit wars zergfits are becomming worse and worse and eventually a pain.Coming from a small outfit that we play together, no matter how active we are and no matter how much we try hard.We never stood a chance neither in outfit wars nor in terms of resources/materials.
    I know that its supposed to be a grind.But not like this
    Thus i present you the best solution imo.
    Limit the max number of players in every outfit
  2. Twin Suns

10k man Outfit? The PS2 only allows 2000 players on one continent (server).

Also, 150-200 is....still a Zerg to most people.

It's combined arms after all. Big battles and stuff.

D-Day itself was one big Zerg. Zergs are a part of War, always have been. Gen. Custard died because of a Zerg. ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. TraatAdmiral

91AR on Connery has more than 14,000 members, and they get more than 500 people online pretty regularly, if the outfit tracker is to be believed. The zerg is real, and sure, it's representative of actual warfare, but it makes for terrible gameplay. https://www.outfit-tracker.com/outfit/starmoredncregiment-37540721975907623
    • Up x 1
  4. YellowJacketXV

I think a better thing that needs focus is when outfits attempt to go cross-faction.
    Emerald has BWAE and they are both VS and now sprinkling into NC.
  5. Twin Suns

"Fight fire with Fire". - Metallica

I'm in a small outfit. When the Zerg comes, we communicate and band together with the other smaller outfits. Sometimes the big outfits need our bodies to fill a breach in the line and ask us to support them. Which we do... No peacocking and no questions asked.

To fight the Zerg we all have to communicate with each other and band together.

Even if you limit the size of outfits or even eliminate them.......there will still be Zergs in the game.

o7