[Suggestion] The VS 'Developer' faction thread!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, May 7, 2020.

1. Trebb

1) Only faction with infinite ammo/no reloading HA directive gun (NOT A big advantage, but they all use it and dont want the other factions to have it!)
    2) Get an advantage on even NS weapons like ESF Hornet missles, where they work better but only for VS (go test it while taking out turrets on a base!) Why was this coded different JUST FOR VS?
    3) Only good launcher to deal with Libs/Gals, the lancer at close range does more damage than decimator, but is hitscan at close ranges. I seriously think a decimal point is in the wrong spot for this launcher
    4) Almost impossible to see at night
    5) ESF is hardest to hit 1v1
    6) No bullet drop! (ok this one isn't a big deal w/o sniper rifles being affected)
    and most damning:
    7) Used to win alert ties via CODE IN THE GAME only until this was caught

Did I miss any? Just looking for a discussion, lets not flame each other ;) ;)
    /poke
  2. NotziMad

oh god here we go again ..

I could take all your points one by one, or I could ignore them (thats what most people will do) and say whatever, instead, I'll give you the absolute godforsaken universal total entire truth in 2 sentences :

Every faction has advantages and disadvantages, as it happens, the advantages VS has are (in my opinion) a little better than the other 2. However, what makes VS win isn't those advantages, i'ts more experienced (on average) players.
    • Up x 1
  3. xMeserionx

1.) TR has The Butcher which is the HA directive gun with no extra mags just one HUGE one which is in many ways as good if not better than the gun you're referring too the Betelgeuse which has a overheat Heat of about 30 shots
    2.) Proof other than feel?
    3.) TR T2 Striker has enormous range and with a few of them melts aircraft, the Lancer by comparison has a rather slow projectile speed with no tracers to help lead your shots effectively. Also the Lancer Has a charge up time for damage and the Striker is pretty much instant.
    4.) black camo not faction specific, TR has grey which is basically black, NC have dark blue, pink is cross faction confusion shenanigans. VS guns have very distinct tracers. YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID
    5.) TR mosquito is actually harder, its spindly shape means it has the most consistently narrow hitbox of any ESFs, NC have the worst being a flying box, as for the VS we only have a hard to hit airframe if you aim on the same dlevel as the other pilot, aiming above or below the Scythe is a MASSIVE hitbox.
    6.) Aside from certain weapons like the VE33 Eidelon, most "no bullet drop" guns have huge CoF after the first shot, requiring good trigger discipline to be accurate. Also the few times no bullet drop would be awesome, we don't get it mostly; aka Launchers, Snipers, and MBT main gun rounds.
    7.) An old bug that was fixed, thus an invalid point.
    • Up x 2
  4. Werkitten

The vanu faction has exactly one type of equipment that is really unbalanced and needs not even a nerf, but an elementary fix.
    It is magrider.
    Its formal characteristics look balanced, but the broken mechanics of movement make this tank monstrously strong in comparison with others. This is a bug, I not remember that the tank could portray ESF before changing the game engine in one of the recent updates. And I doubt that this was originally intended.
    To introduce built-in acceleration that does not take up the ability slot, that is, to strengthen the car, which was already the strongest tank in the game - it looked like a real mockery of other factions.

Other types of vanu weapons do not cause such problems, although it is much easier to learn to play with them than, for example, with HK weapons.
    • Up x 2
  5. LordKrelas

Honestly, I rather talk about how they keep gaining new traits & other sneaky things;

NC Godsaw Alternative Fire-Mode, gained the ability to damage Heavy-Armor at a cost of 50% Damage Reduction.
    VS gained this 1-2 months later, onto a normal pistol, without the Damage Reduction.

NC's Piercing Trick, that their new Weapon paid out the nose for?
    VS also gained this, onto one of their existing Vehicle weapons, again months after, without any of the price or negative.

VS Unstable Ammunition? That is the most reoccurring special ammunition introduced.
    A VS MAX weapon gained it, retro-actively , on top of it being an option for nearly every new VS gun.
    TR & NC, haven't had their ammo options let alone on their MAXes, their new ammo only exists Once on a single gun each.

Infinite Ammo? TR or NC's? Version of such a re-occurring feature? Missing. I don't mean TR & NC infinite ammo either.
    I mean, where the christ, is NC & TR's reoccurring feature? VS gets their re-occurring Ammo on top of regular weapon stats.

The fact, it cools down while not in-use, but the sheer volume of it, let alone the Implant that Benefits it - which NC & TR can get, but physically can't benefit from, is icing on the cake.
    Not one TR or NC Directive Trait (Of which there has been 1 single), has been this common: VS? Every Directive weapon, and at this rate, Half their damn arsenal, has no need for engineers, nor concerns about attrition of bodies.
    Never exposed while reloading - proper fire-control, and the suppressive fire is endless.
    The MAX not having one, is a miracle.

Like, baring any actual equipment , Not mentioning that.
    Just look at the treatment;
    There is more VS-Only Traits \ Features \ Capabilities, than NC & TR have Combined. There is 1, Non-VS Directive Trait.
    And that's assuming you don't count the Underbarrel shotgun on a Shotgun.
    There is more Updates to PRE-EXISTING Weaponry, in VS, than either, for some reason; VS MAX got updated but not TR?
    Only thing NC's MAX saw was being driven into the floor, and shot out-back.

Weapons? TR & NC perks, have a cost, usually half the weapon.
    VS? Where is the cost, for Infinite-Ammo?
    Nearly an Infinite option for every weapon-class, past Rocket-Launchers for ***** sake.
    Hell, so far, only VS has had new Features added onto existing gear - I'm not seeing Old TR gear get the latest stuff.
    I am seeing old VS guns get the new VS stuff - and not even only VS Stuff, if there's an effective trait on NC or TR, VS has stolen it, within months.

We have never seen an VS Faction-Trait, or Special-Trick show up on TR or NC.
    We barely see their trick show up in NS, once in a blue moon.
    And that's not counting NS being mostly NC & TR, in practical application; but the actual tricks, gimmicks.
    • Piercing? NC.
    • Spin-Up? TR.
    • Anti-Armor Ammo? NC.
    These are in VS Hands.
    VS also controls the only
    • Infinite Ammo
    • Near Hitscan Beam
    • Magazine Discharge Wave
    • Hitbox Enlargement
    • Bullet-dropless Bullets - Including 2 Sniper Rifles
    • Charged Shot
    • Removal of Long-Reload Times Entirely

What VS lost;
    • Rapid Mag-Dumping; Rocklet Launcher
    • Nanite-less Infantry AOE: NS Grenade Launcher, Under-barrel Grenade
    • Strafing Vehicle: NS Bike

That's a random handful.
    And they're not even weapon Characteristics, but the tag-Ons.
    Doesn't matter if they're op or up, VS get way more love than NC or TR does.
    • Up x 3
  6. Smallzz

you lost me when you tried to explain that Cold Heart is a good implant for using a heat based VS weapon. I'm not sure I want to subject myself to having to read past that. Just in case what you have is contagious I'm gonna leave this thread now to be safe.
  7. LordKrelas

It's more that it drops for TR & NC. You know, who don't have heat, so Can physically not benefit from it, at all. Even slightly.
    Imagine having it, and Not actually being able to use it - But it costing you, Implant Drops of that rarity.
    • Up x 4
  8. TRspy007

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Did you just try saying TR got a good directive weapon? :D:D:D:D:D

The battle goose has 50 shots, same as the orion, just in heat form.

The butcher has 50 more rounds than the default and 19 extra rpm... are you talking about the 500 round PTS version that for some reason never got released? Or maybe the old 300 round variant?

Pretty sure we can add extended mags on our LMGs to get 200 rounds in a mag, so the butcher is a little meh if you're gonna try passing off those 50 more rounds on a weapon that spits 30 shots off target for every 1 that lands. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to play with - you're just rarely going to see "good" players main with it like they do with the goose.

3) I'll agree with you there, the striker can terrorize new pilots, although the lancer can pretty much do the same. The striker needs to empty the magazine, so it's not "instant", and aside from air it's pretty much useless against anything else. No big surprise there, the decimator/kraken is the only launcher worth anything in the game post nerf.

6) You do have a launcher and sniper(s) with no drop. You also get a sniper rifle with infinite ammo if I remember correctly.

I'm not gonna go crying "VS OP", but it's known as the easy mode faction for a reason, and they definitely got some special treatment from *cough* *cough* WREL *cough*. One of the few factions that actually got nice directives in general, and pretty solid/easy to use weapons all around. TR directives most definitely do not feel like a reward/upgrade from the defaults, NC directives are bit better but still meh, only VS actually got weapons that people would rather pick up over the default (even their reward SMG is the best of the bunch). Nothing wrong with giving cool stuff to the cool faction, but it would be nice is the other 2 factions could get some functional gear too, instead of "the trac shot" or the "unity" and why didn't we get our 500 round butcher????????
    • Up x 1
  9. LodeTria

What's the near hitscan beam? The Lancer? The thing with 450m/s? Less than the basilisk's 550m/s?
    • Up x 1
  10. Johannes Kaiser

A friend of mine swears on it on Engineer for the tool cooldown. But yes, the effect it can have is inherently greater for VS, whether they use it or not.
    Another thing: They think inside the VS box when designing other factions' equipment: Take the numnnutz-rector. It's probably better than auto-repair if you get hit rarely, and are in skirmishing mode. Which si something the Vanguard struggles with, the only tank that can reliably avoid getting hit and seek cover swiftly between shots is the Magrider. So a tank that is build for direct engagement got a piece of skirmishing equipment.
    Not saying they did this intentionally, but sometimes bias shows in subconscious ways.
    • Up x 1
  11. Smallzz

Imagine thinking it's anything but a total waste of a drop for VS (and btw, the only scenario, and I mean literally the only scenario, where it's not a wasted drop is for people that rep monkey for valks and harassers, which are NS equipment available to all factions lul).

Not that it matters, this whole thread is meme material. I'm not sure if half the posts here in this thread are facetious sarcastic posts or if people are generally this stupid.

I'm sure VS was highly contested for farmers league, oh wait that was NC.
    I'm sure VS is highly contested then for Lanesmash, you know, a competitive environment where all these "incremental advantages" would actually add up to something significant (IE in the hands of skilled players), except wait a second that's TR, then NC, then VS in last place.
    Hey lets see what one of the best infantry players who still plays PS2 thinks, an old school member of AC (who is by the way using two NS weapons on his VS character, man total OP OP vs equipment kek):
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealBlightedGrasshopperHoneyBadger

Must be some grand spooky conspiracy to rob all the geniuses on the DBG official forums of their dignity then. Cause pros don't pick VS for farmers league, they don't pine over VS for lanesmash, and absolutely no one who would ever be considered a top 1% player or higher thinks that VS equipment is OP.

Or we could go with Occam's Razor, the most likely solution, and that's that instead of some grand conspiracy the only people left posting on the DBG forums are a bunch of misinformed circle jerking paste eaters because they've chased away anyone with an IQ over 80 over the years.

As someone who's been playing since 2012 and watching these forums since 2012 (who also has 80% of their time spent on NC btw) I'm going to go with Option 2.
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

2 slight things wrong,
    Striker is king of AA, I agree lancer is awesome for libs and gals too, but we can't say it's exclusive :)
    No bullet drop effects Phaseshift, a sniper rifle with Infinite ammo, it also effects obelisk, which works like a semi auto

Oh hey its Suspicious1's number one fan!
    Imho the issue with coldheart is that it exists, it's use is irrelevant,
    if coldheart didn't exist but instead there was an implant that only lowered the cooldown of
    vanguard shield by 3 seconds, I'm sure TR and VS would be pretty annoyed that:
    1. You got an implant you can't use, only NC have a faction specific implant, why?!
    2. You got this "exceptional" that you can't use instead of something amazing like Phylactery.

When they made coldheart they should have made TR and NC exclusives,
    These faction specifics should not be in the drop pool for the other factions.
    • Up x 1
  13. Smallzz

Hey, it's the guy who makes me believe in the utility of condoms!
  14. TRspy007

lol that's the velocity of an uncharged shot.
  15. Liewec123

hahaha, like you'll ever need a condom.
  16. Johannes Kaiser

I'd just like having some faction identity in traits for all factions, not one getting all the unique stuff and yoinking everyone else's sh*t on top of that.
    • Up x 2
  17. pnkdth

Ah yes, the curse of the human condition. Always pining for what you don't have and never stopping to appreciate what you do have (until it is too late or told through bittersweet nostalgia). VS is always going to suck at being NC/TR, TR is always going to suck at being VS/NC, and NC is always going to suck at being VS/TR.

Just like when someone says, "trust me", once too many times I think he's a liar I'm pretty sure your intent was exactly that, to flame and troll people. Seems to have worked though and usual suspects are all riled up and ready.
  18. Demigan

Ignoring actual performance and one or two misjudged abilities you still have to admit that when it comes to mechanical variety the VS have hit the jackpot twice. They have their faction-specific mehanics available on the most weapons and they have the most faction-specific mechanics in total. Can you give a good reason why the NC and TR cant be allowed to have more of their own faction-specific mechanics, and have those mechanics available on more of their weapons to enhance the variety? And to top it all off, could those mechanics remain TR/NC specific instead of the VS getting access to a similar (often superior) version of the same mechanic?

It would just help the factions become more unique, and wouldnt make the VS look like the lovechild that has to get every toy the other boys get.

(Speaking off the human condition, have you seen how your reaction fits perfectly in the opposition side of the human condition?)
    • Up x 3
  19. pnkdth

Which faction mechanics are you referring to?
  20. Demigan

Ignoring the basic weapon characteristics all 3 factions are build around. Including but not limited to:

- heat based ammo (this is two-for-the-price-of-one. It combines infinite ammo with regenerating reload)
    - no projectile drop weapons
    - weapons that can charge for a higher damage shot
    - charged wave-effect mechanic
    - unstable ammo
    - piercing ammo (originally NC exclusive)
    - spinup mechanic (originally TR exclusive)
    - small-arms ammo that can deal damage to vehicles (originally NC exclusive)
    - an implant primarily useful for the HEAT mechanic
    - hover mechanics. (For ground vehicles)

While some are only available on one weapon, the fact remains that these are actually there and available while the TR and NC have far less of these available. On top of that those that are available on multiple weapons are available on more weapons than the TR and VS.
    • Up x 2