[Suggestion] Hybrid sight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by XiNDROM, May 2, 2020.

1. XiNDROM

I would like to be able to change the sights on the go, carry one with you or remove the one that is.
    This feature will give us versatility, make a variety of gameplay, and also give you the opportunity to more accurately customize the game for yourself.
    • Up x 5
  2. icufos

Brilliant idea.:cool:

It need not stop with sights either.
    If it could be done it's a winner for sure.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

A short-range weapon has less to gain from this as its magnifications are closer together and it is harder to get more out of the higher magnification.

Long-range weapons sacrifice relatively little firepower in CQC compared to short-range weapons, but if they can tailor their magnification to long- and short-range they would gain a lot more flexibility.

I am against that, there's already enough reasons to pick long-range weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. Johannes Kaiser

It would add the advantage of being able to flip to night vision scope on the fly.
    • Up x 1
  5. XiNDROM

Apparently you are a fan of monotonous gameplay.
    Many people run to the points to change the sight constantly, including me. This mechanics will not only make life easier, but also give you the opportunity to add new optics.
    You can look at other games and there is a similar implemented. And that only makes them better.
  6. xxxFail

7. Demigan

I am not a fan of monotonous gameplay. What I am even less a fan off is making one weapon type superior to others.

If you run to "the point" (you mean back to your spawn?) to swap sights that is your choice. Personally if I were to run back for another sight I would swap the entire weapon for one that suits that range better.

I can look at other games and realize that the weapons there have a vastly different balance than the weapons in PS2, and that adding random elements from other games without considering the impact is unwise and will ruin the game in the long run.
  8. TRspy007

I guess there's no harm in adding that, but I don't think it's going to be useful for most people.

The time it takes to swap sights would have to be really short, otherwise not many people will use it.

Also most weapons aren't really effective past 30m, so I'm not sure it would be very useful on most weapons.

Finally, there's no better sight than the 1x, it works well up close and far, while still allowing you to have awareness and no scope sway (unless you are using the nvs).
    • Up x 1
  9. That_One_Kane_Guy

From a realism perspective having toggleable backup sights on your high-magnification optics would be great. From a balance perspective there would be literally no reason not to run such an optic on every gun.
    On top of this I imagine adding new mechanics and animations for them would be required (I could be wrong) in which case it might not be worth the resources to add in the first place.
    • Up x 3
  10. Danko

I like the idea of having an additional option to switch to, my suggestion would be to be able to switch between normal vision and IR/NV.
    • Up x 1