AM8 Shortbow

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Naqel, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Naqel

It's trash.
    Almost completely unusable.

Less ammo, less DPS, no straight-pull.
    Not even a NV scope to be a saving grace.

Everything that it can do, AM7 does better, at worst requiring a laser attachment.

It really needs some extra juice to be worth getting.
    • Up x 1
  2. zelekk

Dps is roghly same in close range. It really could use straight pull bolt as build in.
    Shortbow is cqc anti max gun. I know super niche.
    It OKish for new players just so they dont spend their certs on archer.

Not deffending it. If you have archer just stay with archer.
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

I got mine as an alert reward drop before it was switched to a purchasable. I tried it once, and quite frankly it was terrible. I was glad I got something 'unique' but it's just a joke more than anything else. The only good part of it is that you can put lower x zoom optics on it.
  4. strove

It fires faster with the same damage. the lower mag is a killer though. I would have taken sharp damage drop off (like 40m for max damage or something) if we could have a better magazine.
    That derringer pistol is puzzling too honesly. Its max damage only applies up to 2m and drops to minimum at like 30m
  5. Danko

I got the Shortbow using the new currency.

Using it have been real fun so far, I love how everything I shoot at either focuses on me or runs away. I've also managed to get some kills with it, it's in my vehicle driver loadout from now on, I imagine Archer must be even better.

Got the 2X sight and the laser sight for it.