Planetmen raising money for charity!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDart, Apr 25, 2020.

1. DooDart

As I am sure you're all aware the world is dealing with something it's never had to before. Many, if not all of us are in lockdown or social distancing ourselves to help protect others. Some people though are doing far more. There are an incredible number of people from all walks of life helping other through many charities. So it's time we try do something from the comfort of our own homes to help. On May 2nd starting at midday UK time (BST) TATF will be doing a 24 hour Gameathon in Aid of Medecins Sans Frontieres against Covid-19 and we would encourage you to show up and support as much as possible.

We are 7 days away from the big event and have already raised a whopping €1,420! This can only get better with the help of our excellent community and the brilliant people who have offered to host games and stream and help have fun for the whole day!

Each year, thousands of international staff of all nationalities carry out field assignments to support around 55,000 staff hired locally to give lifesaving medical assistance to people who would otherwise be denied access to healthcare, clean water and shelter. MSF rely on a strong network of professionals to deliver lifesaving medical aid, in the current times of Corona virus all donations are vital to help those that would otherwise not get any. If you want to donate and show what Planetmen can do go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tatfgaming

If you want to come and hang out with us at TATF, play games including Planetside, Minecraft, Arma3, Space Engineers and much more. Maybe you want to come and help out with the fundraising event on May 2nd? Check out our Discord: discord.gg/FWb9n7E

Regards, TATF
    • Up x 4
  2. Johannes Kaiser

We will be there.
  3. IVANPIDORVAN

Charity? Could you please donate me some money? Playing with 30 fps even in medium-sized fights is very painful. I would appreciate even hardware, for example 4770 4790 intels gonna fit in to my current setup. I wish i could make vids about planetside, but i can't even comfortably play it (still... peoples call me a hacker just daily).
  4. Johannes Kaiser

Man, that's just inappropriate for this thread.
    • Up x 2
  5. Blam320

Dude, not cool. Not cool AT ALL.
    • Up x 2
  6. IVANPIDORVAN

Lol, whats wrong? You wanted to help? There is a man who desperately needs help and even can pay back in form of content. Let's be honest this is all just for show. And this moneys never gonna reach it's intendent(?) destination.

On top of that, why would you think, what if you take all humans with diagnosed corona who have recovered and divide that number on total deaths from corona you will get correct % lethality? Ofcource second number what represent's death from covid is close to real, because we can count all deaths pretty precisely, but why would you think what diagnosed cases = total cases? Majority of peoples doesn't have any symptoms and not even notice what they was sick, so diagnosed cases < total cases meaning what the calculated lethality is incorrect, but your degradated education system makes you so incompetent what you no longer can understand such elementary things.

"How can the cure be worse than the illness if the illness is potential death"

There is a lot of things what worse than the death. It can be for example - slavery... Moreover, the status of a free person in almost all ever existing societies implied a certain share of risk as a payment for freedom. Can a person who is fundamentally unprepared to risk his life and ready to give up his rights at the first sign of danger be free? If you are fundamentally not ready to die standing, you have to live on your knees. This is slavery mentality right there, live in the world what you created by your own hands, by your own inaction, by your own conformism.
    • Up x 1
  7. Johannes Kaiser

Point is that the original idea is raising money for a charity, your idea was raising money for yourself. THAT is the difference. Altruism vs Egoism.
    • Up x 1
  8. IVANPIDORVAN

Altruism is a lie. Anyone, who call himself an altruist, is a hypocrite. It isn't nessesary for "Altruist" to be aware of the hidden motives of his behavior, they may be hidden from himself, nothing wrong is here, just our psychology. No one does anything for nothing, every action has a purpose and meaning. You make good deeds on purpose, to feel better, to be valued by society. But you don't want to think this way no no no, this is uncomfortable truth. You will better lying to yourself.

Germans back in the 1940th thought what they are heroes, what they are saving the world, because normal people don't want to treat themselves as villains. "Altruism vs Egoism"? Ha-ha! More like Egoism vs Concealed Egoism.
  9. Blam320

You're still making this about yourself. Altruism is altruism; it doesn't matter what your motive is, if you're doing good then you're doing good. In fact, some real smart guys over on YouTube made a whole video about how being altruistic is the single most selfish thing you can possibly do, since when the community benefits, you also benefit from the fruits of that.
    • Up x 1