[Guide] This is why you shouldn't spend "real life" cash on implants (2 minute video)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, Apr 22, 2020.

1. NotziMad

I've got several (more than 3) accounts with BR ASP 100 on them.

Only one of them has ever managed to get Counter Intelligence :) (and on that account, I got it like, at BR 50 or something lol)

This is me trying on another I'm levling , I start with 30k certs and 9k Iso (that's more than 30k DB Cash, u do the maths :)

• Up x 1
  2. TRspy007

Ironically, there's accounts where I've spent almost double that amount overtime, and I still haven't received more than half of the exceptional (and none of the "good" ones. Really, in what ways does coldheart help me on any other faction that VS, which I haven't even managed to get on that faction.

I've got some ASP 100 alts still waiting on bionics/carapace, and then random alts I created to play with friends that have the implants I need lol.

Definitely not a safe way of spending money. It's better buying the bundle(s), which costs 80$ but will guarantee you actually get the implants you want, and on more than one character.
    • Up x 1
  3. NotziMad

Yeah but even then .. 80 bucks? seriously? lol

I'm not personally against spending real money in games, makes even more sense if the game is free to play like this one.. but 80 bucks? For an implant? seriously???? (am I repeating myself? :p)
    • Up x 3
  4. TRspy007

well most people buy the bundle because it gives the "best" implants all in one. You also get a decent camo, and knife that can damage anything and some re-skinned weapons, a camo + banner and 12 month boost, that count towards the exceptional 3 directive, and does allow you to unlock a cool camo that (unlike the gold one) applies to everything.

80$ is steep, but it's not a bad considering the value of the bundle. You get the implants you want with no risk, and on all your characters on that account. It's not for everyone, but there's people who spent more than that amount on implant packs just to get the same repeats. It's a safer and more practical choice than investing multiple little amounts, hoping you'll randomly unlock what you want.

It's called the "Ancient's Seven-Year Anniversary Bundle". It expires in 3 days, so if anyone reading this wants a safe way to buy implants and some extra stuff, I'd suggest checking it out.

Whether the bundle is worth 80$ is up for debate, but for those thinking of spending money on implants, I'd consider maybe investing a little more to purchase this bundle and get the ones you want, then risking buying packs on by one hoping luck will smile your way.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

the one and only Implant that i want now is Phylactery for my NSO,
    i wanna be able to charge into a room with self destruct active, blow up and nuke everyone, and then stand back up again XD
    • Up x 3
  6. gunnner10

I never spend Money on this game and it Feels so Good! this game has too much BS going on
    • Up x 1
  7. The Shady Engineer

Phylactery + Safeguard on a MAX is hilarious and actually pretty bonkers considering how easy it is to meet the condition to reset Phylactery. We're lucky Phylactery is an exceptional implant and it is not a well known combo.
  8. SikVvVidiT

Beta'd PS1 and Alpha and Beta'd this mess.. Spend countless money over the years supporting this crap.. As of last month that came to a end.. And it feels SOOOOO Freaking good. Since they can't fix bugs that have been around for ever, have issues like the OP just brought up ingame, or develop **** noone asked for and ignore what we do want, why pay to play? Freee baby and I like it, I get my fix and a don't have to drop a dime.

Let some other dudes around here pay the bills now.