TOO MANY NUKES!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChUnKiFieR, Apr 18, 2020.

1. ChUnKiFieR

They tweaked the game so much they broke it... AGAIN! Go to a base, get nuked. Over and over. What's the point!o_O
    • Up x 3
  2. TRspy007

Really, it gets old real quick.
  3. ZDarkShadowsZ

Yep. I agree. They need to be removed from outfit War Assets. They should never have been allowed outside of construction.

There's no hard counter to them. Running away isn't always an option. Not to mention they're often being used to grief. I just watched yet another failstrike where VS nuked their own side. Again.
  4. TRspy007

yup the guys that seem to use these resources (OS and Bastion) are either completely delusional, or are NC mains. More than once have bases been lost because some idiots dumped half a dozen nukes on their team's final push.

Our best placed sundered have also been tked by nuke dumps of bastion fire more than once. Really, giving these high damage assets against infantry and ground vehicles is ridiculous. How would the air community like it if we got lightning strikes that wiped the skies clear of air in 1hk?

Because of these things and the lack of vision in most outfit leaders, the logistical assets which could have had nice tactical purpose are rarely being used. The number of times people ask "how did you get that sunderer up there"; "why is there a kobalt bus in the bio?" is shocking. It's like people have never seen an anvil.

And the citadel shield would be really useful if it blocked bastions, OS and air. Basically the main things it should be used for counter it with ease. Best use I found so far is to protect a PMB that is being built from some long range bombardment.
    • Up x 3
  5. AgentRed

Make them worth like 30 polystellarite 150 synthium and 350 Auraxium. That will make them a lot harder to get and keep that will keep os down or make cool down timers for the hexs
    • Up x 1
  6. TRspy007

I don't mind bumping the costs, less people will have access to them, that's for sure. However by raising the costs so much, you're eliminating small outfits from using them, while zergfits will still have no problem crafting them. I'd op for a cool-down as one of the better solutions, a way of adjusting resource prices depending on an outfit's size/score, or simply removing them in general.
    • Up x 1
  7. Johannes Kaiser

I am pro-tweak but anti-remove. I've recently gotten pretty good at putting them in the exactly right place to get A back in the last seconds. :) (Had a situation today when i announced one on mai Fortess south of A, and another person put one a bit west of it so the entirety of the base was cut in north and south, that got us A back with 2 sec until VS would have gotten the base.)
    Can be really helpful that way, and the problem is rather more the spam then the existance in general, imo. Although, I don't see it being spammed as hard these days as it used to be.
  8. JibbaJabba

Orbital is fine and should be bit better now there's a max of 2 instead of 3.

The real fix though is to make the other resources more appealing. The dome falls with 10 seconds of sustained fire so rarely gets pulled anymore. Steel rain is slow, obvious, expensive, and weighs too much.
    • Up x 1
  9. Johannes Kaiser

ANVILs can be amazing to pull MBTs when you don't have the TP bonus, or in really cheesy places. Problem it it's obvious as f*ck and really easy to destroy.
    • Up x 1
  10. TRspy007

Not even just mbts, I've seen people deploy sunderers on top of trees on hossin, and also some kobalt buses inside bio labs. Can be pretty useful, but as you mention, it's pretty risky since they indicated one is being deployed on the map.

Also more people seem to prefer the bastions and the nukes over tactical plays using anvils.
    • Up x 1
  11. Johannes Kaiser

Ya know, heads are what's commonly used to smash things in with. :p