[Suggestion] 2.0 - 3000 combined participation score is bad for base capping.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Phaze

I just had a bad experience.

Brought the main Sundy for the base attack. Battle went back and forth a few times. Ended up capping it. Scored 10th in fight with 4800 points. My 1-man outfit got 0 resources.

Is that broken as unintended or a change that is the opposite of fun?
  2. Blam320

Pretty sure it's broken, then. I've topscored and not gotten capture credit for a base, despite only one other guy being in an outfit and not having nearly as many points as I did.
  3. Johannes Kaiser

Yep, seems liek capturing doesn't give Aurax any more at the moment. Had that today with a small squad.
  4. NotziMad

no guys, that's not it.

What's happening is 2 things.

1. When you press TAB and check your score, that score doesn't represent the score that will be taken into account when rewarding the base.

2. As you know, they now require an outfit to score at least 3000 points in order to benefit from the ressources.

What's happening is that even if when you check your score by pressing TAB, it may be first in line and above 3000 points, there are parts of your score which aren't being taken into account, which don't count, and once you've taken those points away, you actually don't have the 3000 points required.

So what happens is you cap the base, your outfit's name is on the base, but you're not getting resources from it.

If the score "that counts" is above 3000 and your outfit cumulative score is number one, you'll get the base and the ressources.

If you are solo and ghost cap a base and get only like 200 points, you'll get the base, but you won't get ressources.

(I confirmed this yesterday, I capped a few bases, some gave resource points, some didn't.)

I don't like this change, I can imagine they have good reasons for having done so, but there are cases where it's kind of dumb.

For example, those 60 second bases that don't have a spawn and give the blue ressource.

Most of the time, you're never going to get 3000 points in those bases, the timer is much too short, and there's no spawn, so there's no fights to make points from.

Of course it happens, but most of the time, in 60 seconds, you simply get 3k pointrs unless you zerg the place ..
    • Up x 1
  5. NotziMad

I didn't know that's why they did it....... wasn't expecting that..

God some of these are si dumb and shortsighted. Really hoping the increase in size of the new team includes people that are a bit more competent..

It's like watcy a kid and his toy..
  6. Werkitten

Clan resources were initially a mistake and this will lead to the collapse of large outfits into small ones in the future.
    The fact is that now there are things in the game that give significant advantages, but are only available to clan commanders.
    An ordinary member of a large clan will NEVER pilot Bastion, will never be able to use orbital strikes, and so on
    Yes, this is more effective from the point of view of tactics, but for an individual player on the contrary, the interests of the squad began to contradict the interests of the individual.
    As soon as the player is no longer satisfied with the fact that some of the in-game mechanics are not available to him, he will create his own small outfit and exit the big one. In a large outfit, he will never be able to use the above content, in a small one, he will accumulate resources much more slowly, but sooner or later the resources will accumulate and they will be personally his and his small team, in which you will be able to agree on their use in turn.

Something similar has already happened in history, and repeatedly (feudalism). And this was in real wars, in the game, the motivation to unite is much lower, and the cost of losing is much less.
    • Up x 1
  7. Smallzz

I think you're looking at it backwards. Most people in their small "friendfits" wont generate enough resources to pull a bastion more than a couple times a year, while larger or more active outfits can pull them daily. Smaller outfits are being pressured to "merge" which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The minimum score for 1 minute bases needs to be adjusted but other than that this change only discourages ghost capping.
  8. NotziMad

Nah dude, I've built one in my solo outfit, it's really not that big a deal. Honestly, I'm not saying to brag, the point is, if I can do it solo, any small outfit with 2-3 active guys, or more, can do it, seriously.
  9. Eaglebird

I'm definitely not getting Auraxium for participating in a base capture, and small fights don't net enough points to get the measly handout yet even when I do all the work the spawn padders still get their outfit name on the base.

Essentially this update disenfranchises smaller outfits while changing very little about how quickly the zergfits (those outfits that recruit every single new player before they even know what an outfit is) accrue resources.

Additionally, it is still problematic that the scoring only starts when the timer on the base cap starts, so the fact that I removed 4 sunderers, killed 20 people, and proceeded to suppress spawn so my allies could move in goes unnoticed, yet the 34 players that dropped in because they see me start the cap get their name on it because they all showed up on one spawn beacon.
    • Up x 3
  10. Crayv

Was playing around on my small outfit and I am noticing I'm not getting any outfit resources at all. Not even the tiny amount you get from simply taking part in a capture. This change seems to make it so only the high ranks of large zergfits will ever get to use any of the new toys from the update.

A base should be considered in a fight the moment it is contested and the enemy has a means to spawn in it.

I've noticed large outfits will spawn into a base that has started to cap and just reload on each others ammo packs and basically do whatever it takes to get points to nudge out anyone else while basically contributing nothing.
  11. optimus

yep this update killed my small outfit. We get squat now. Participated in a ton of base caps today many of which i was there from start to finish. We earned resources maybe 5 times in several hours worth of play. This is terrible, good bye fun.... I gues. Way to kill the smaller outfits DB.
  12. NotziMad

Kind of ironic though isn't it? Considering that even before this change, small outfits were complaining about Escalation catering only to the zergfits.

So, they took that feedback into account, and it made worse ... classic lol
    • Up x 1
  13. Eaglebird

And that's what makes this feel even more unreasonable.

"This is fine."
    • Up x 2
  14. Johannes Kaiser

Even when you surpass the 3000 hrudle, capture doesn't yield you anything. Tried that multiple times yesterday with a small squad. Even on bases we did put out name on, we got nothing for the capture itself.
  15. Derudan

If the goal was to avoid people from redeploying to just get points bounding the reward to at least being half the time of the cap would help, that way you avoid people getting into a fight with 10 sec left and still getting credit, this update is just screwing small outfits, zergs are going to be able to get points no matter what.
    • Up x 1
  16. NotziMad

17. Johannes Kaiser

You can't tell me that if we have a combined score of about 18k that is still not enough after removing some of that.
    • Up x 1
  18. NotziMad

I don't know, honestly, only thing I know is what I wrote.

There may an issue that you are showing, but I've capped bases and gained resources from them so I assumed there was no issue.

There might be a bug that doesn't happen all the time though? Have you capped (and obtained resources) since?
  19. Johannes Kaiser

Nope, but we'll be starting our Saturday Event in 25 minutes. Maybe I got something for you after that.
    • Up x 1
  20. Johannes Kaiser

Update: Don't think we got any, but then again this wasn't a very productive evening with even less people than expected, sorry.
    • Up x 1