[Suggestion] NSX Masamune buff please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Feyyore, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Feyyore

Though some see it as a meme weapon, this launcher has been largely forgotten about. And is one of the few multipurpose ns launchers.

It needs some love, polishing and care.

The wire guiding is sluggish and heavy with very slow moving rockets, and its damage low in both modes.

The wire guiding should be more like the mana turret, which was what most players expected when this weapon was first announced many moons ago.

It also needs more reserve rockets as it was less than most launchers and from the max damage possible these hurt its total.

And dont even get me started on the unchanging hipfire accuracy. It was left as one for all...
    • Up x 2
  2. Crayv

I would like it if the hipfire simply had a more precise spread. Currently it seems they almost always spread in a large "L" shape with the two ends being almost on the opposite ends of the reticle. More often than not it seems like it just perfectly outlines what you are shooting at without a single one hitting the target, even if they were in the dead center of your screen.
  3. Talthos

Being able to 'cancel' the laser guidance after firing (like how you can fire 'unguided' Hornet/VLG missiles by engaging the optics before firing, and then disengaging them after firing), would help reduce the amount of exposure required for the Masamune's ADS firing mode, I think.
  4. Liewec123

its my one and only launcher on my NC character, its nice being able to reliably hit libs,
    and also hit vehicles at ranges were projectile drop makes judging aim a pain.
    i do feel that the missiles explode a little too soon though, a bit more range would be good
  5. TRspy007

Its pretty "good" against galaxies.

Really though, all launchers could use some attention.

And from what I heard, the NSO directive launcher the muramasa needs a huge haul-over.
  6. InexoraVC

I agree. Masamune needs buff AI splash damage.