[NUC] elusive1: Infinite

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Smallzz

Do you know what the burden of proof is? You are making a positive statement, "Elusive uses third party software to augment his gameplay". Now the burden is on you to provide proof of your statement.
  2. Campagne

S T R A W M A N
    T
    R
    A
    W
    M
    A
    N
    • Up x 1
  3. Towie

Umm - you are the one typing it - so unless you are being coerced by the forces of eluisive (and in fairness he seems to have some pretty unnatural forces behind him) then i'd say you are culpable for what you type.

The big BIG problem that I have is that everyone (with any sense of sanity) knows that cheating is a big issue in PS2 - yet certain people are perfectly willing to sweep this under the carpet and take an all-hail-the-lord approach to the likes of elusive.

Is he legit ? Is he cheating ? We just don't know - although at the very least we can all agree that this level of attainment is incredible. Personally I actually hope he is legit - because I simply cannot abide cheats - and those who defend them.

So here's the thing; if we knew that cheating wasn't a problem in PS2 then we would all come here and congratulate him. BUT that just isn't the case is it.
    • Up x 3
  4. Smallzz

Thank you for proving my point. Gonna sit here and throw around terms like Strawman and Ad hominem when you can't even understand the basic principle of burden of proof.

Isn't there a flat earth convention going on somewhere that you are missing?
  5. Campagne

I feed on the irony of your ineptitude.

Anyways, no. The only claims I've made here are that people cheat which I supported by referencing the common-knowledge hitbox manipulations and that you're a fanboi, which I supported with the argument that you create falsehoods to defend a prominent stranger.

You're making up false arguments I've never made and demanding I prove them. That's a strawman.
    • Up x 1
  6. That_One_Kane_Guy

Just curious how long of a time frame does it take to compile these clips? Do you just clip stuff as you go or do you set out to record X number of hours and go with what you get?
  7. elusive1

I'm nice to other people who deserve it, which is most people. Lets try to see this from my perspective. I've never hacked or messed with any files this entire time, but some of you guys are crazy and stay in your little ps2 forum bubble. You guys have been effectively talking **** for years and can't take any of your own medicine.
  8. elusive1

It really depends how long I record for. This was around 2 months of a 1-2hrs most days of the week, which is a lot, So it took like 4-5hrs to go through every recording. I manually record and save pretty often so it's a lot of files.
  9. Campagne

And by "people who deserve it" you mean anyone that support you or allows for your lifestyle to remain consistent, yes? Because you're a real pr!ck pretty much exclusively.

Seeing it from this theoretical perspective, your behavior does not align with what I would expect. If people started accusing me of tax fraud but I was genuinely innocent of it, I wouldn't get defensive, I wouldn't try to insult people, I wouldn't jerk myself off, I wouldn't say something like "you're just jealous because I'm in a higher tax bracket" or some such thing, and I wouldn't defend tax crimes or demonize taxation. All such behaviours are what one might expect of someone guilty, but I seeing as I'm innocent I would probably just chuckle and respond in a lighthearted sarcastic manner if at all.

You simply soak up praise and respond very negatively to anyone suggesting any kind of artificial support is going on. Quite frankly you come off as either a narcissist or dishonest, though the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Bottom line is pull your head out of your *** and people will respond more favourably. Attempt to insult or discredit a person but not their position or argument and people will naturally see you for what you are.
    • Up x 1
  10. That_One_Kane_Guy

Filtering through 60+hrs of content in 4-5 is impressive. Do you clip stuff that sticks out or do you just FF through the raw footage?
  11. elusive1

My lifestyle? You realize I don't get money from this right? If I didn't try to be nice to you guys over the years against your consistent negativity, and it made a difference I would agree with your position. But you're one of the a crazy people, and you have responded to most of my video threads with trash opinions. Your position is of a ps2 forum cretin, I'm not going to be cordial with your repeated nonsense.
    • Up x 3
  12. Twarion

This guy's playtime just for the infiltrator class on his 3 characters combined is around 2.5k hours...
    I suppose that most of that time, he used the playstlye he is showcasing in his vids... Seriously... You have a guy, who has spend literally thousands of hours mastering one particular playstyle.... most likely practicing every single day... and this is simply the result of an incredible amount of practice combined with talent...

Elusive encouraged me to join the CQC sniper club... I have 600 hours on this playstyle myself now... and despite not being on his level yet of course, even I can tell, that what he is doing is 100% possible... Just because you can't comprehend how someone could get this good, doesn't mean he necessarily has to be a cheater...

Hey elusive...
    Pls don't stop making vids because of turds like that...
    I know that it's always the idiots who scream the loudest... but be assured, that they are a minority...
    Keep up the good work!
    • Up x 1
  13. Campagne

There's more to life than money. But I guess I'm being a little too subtle for you.

Actually, I've only ever posted on your previous thread and none ever before then, and you've literally never been nice to me even once. You specifically addressed me first and went from roughly neutral to outwardly hostile. You quickly began to ignore my points and just hurl insults while I actually started responding nicer in spite of that.

You complain of negativity yet all you do it incite it. Good job.

If people call me crazy it only means they don't want to hear what I've said. As I've told you in the past, I don't expect to be treated nicely, but abuse isn't called for. You target me because I'm calling you out and you can't or won't defend your position. Or perhaps it is only because I challenged your ego.
    • Up x 1
  14. Liewec123

its not a claim to observe something weird and point out that it is weird.
    it is an observation, if i walk out of my house today and a dude runs down the street at 60mph
    do i have a burden of proof when i point out that something funky is going on?

when i see someone turning corners, aiming and popping headshots in less time than the fastest human reaction times of 0.1-0.2s
    i don't feel like i'm acting crazy when i call it suspicious,
    (the same as when i see headshot kills when the crosshairs don't go near the enemies head.)

i saw you use the courtroom analogy earlier,
    well a more precise analogy of this situation is that we witness what looks like someone stealing TVs, we could be wrong,
    but we've seen people steal TVs before, and some guy is definitely shoving 12 tvs into the back of a truck...
    so we pick up our phones to call the police, but then you dive out of a nearby dumpster...
    you smash the phones and say "nope!" "nothing to see here!" "don't question it!"
    we're not even allowed to question? what kind of a courtroom would that be?
    you don't know the guy, you don't know if those are his TVs but you're going to pretend that you do.
    you're going to pretend that you know exactly what is going on when you have absolutely no idea, you're just guessing.

incase you can't follow, we've seen what hacks look like, this looks like hacks, and you're telling us it isn't, though you have no idea.
    on page 1 i even posted a video of someone displaying how aimbots allow you to smoothly target heads, just like Elusive does.
    and you won't even acknowledge the possibility of him hacking,
    i'm sorry that the other guys are calling you a fanboy, but if the shoe fits.

OBSERVATION: he has inhumanly fast aim.
    REASON:
    this could be because he is the best FPS player in the universe with reflex times faster than humanly observed,
    OR it could simply be a smooth aimbot and hitbox mods...
    we know that this game has a hack problem, it has forever, we've had thousands of hackers over the years.
    so why are you pretending that it isn't possible that the reason for his unnatural aim is the far more likely of the two?
    • Up x 4
  15. The Grand Crusader

Actually he just recently came back from a very long hiatus. I know this because his TR character is on my friends list and before Escalation came out, I hadn't seen him on in at least 6+ months. I briefly tried joining the CQC sniper club too with all the tricks included like low mouse sensitivity and high mouse dpi. I barely could pull off some of the shots he does. Like even after I felt like I could play that style efficiently I still have a hard time pulling some of those shots he does consistently. I'm not saying its impossible to do but after such a long time away from the game to just come back and play almost as good as before is kinda suspicious. So even I can tell what he's doing is not 100% possible. Just because you can't comprehend how someone this good could be cheating, doesn't mean he isn't cheating.
  16. Demigan

Funny, I did provide proof for my statements. I did research, looked at his posted video's, called out weird unnatural things like how he could kill people who never crossed the bullets path or how he would sometimes create 3 impacts with one bullet (note that I don't question his skills, just what happens in his video's). I had to present this as "a two-bit lawyer trying to catch someone in court slipping on public opinion" (you obviously are making stuff up because that's not even what happened) because some fanboi's would go apesht for even the slightest questioning of their hero. Like you are doing.
    Yet all that burden of proof means nothing to you right?

I have provided the burden of proof in the past. Now it's your turn to try and explain it in a way that shows that this is all legitimate and neither a cheat nor an intentional abuse of unintended systems. Ofcourse you won't do that and will just insult me some more because you don't want to dare question anything of your hero.
    • Up x 1
  17. Johannes Kaiser

Again, he COULD be simply really really good and the PS2 engine is extremely accomodating to him.
    But either way, it is, I believe, a sign of intellect to question what you see or hear, if there is reason to. In fact, the first thing I got to hear even before beginning my studies was "question everything", repeatedly. And this cultivated paranoia has served me well over the last years (in the lowest capacity of all it really helps find errors in published papers, be they simple mistakes or even mismatched numbers).
    Seeing something that requires some explanation one way or another (and again, the explanation may well prove the questionable thing is completely legit) and not question it at all is, at best, a leap of faith.
  18. pnkdth

Questioning is fine but doggedly pursuing a foregone conclusion is not (rather ironic given how aggressively the fanboy-card was played). For instance, the premise seem to be: there are cheats and some people cheats, therefore Elusive1 cheats because I cannot do what he does. I have seen very little which is actually based on evidence here and almost exclusively "here's a cheat which sort of looks like what is going on" thus he is using it. Apparently it is not worth pointing out that they've cherry picked scenarios over hours and hours of footage while pretending to be ignorant of all the shenanigans between animation lag and clientside (and whatever fun bugs PS2 throws at us).

And even more damning, they act as if what Elusive1 is doing is unheard of and is humanly impossible. They seriously need to step out of this tiny pond of players that make up PS2 and look at some actually competitive games. Even I have done well for myself in this sea of mediocrity. This might sound like I am playing the "GIT GUD"-card but it actually something which stems from the experience of getting thoroughly destroyed (and seriously humbled) when going up at against actually great players. Some of the posts here suggest that they believe they are a benchmark for what is possible which isn't just ignorant but arrogant.
    • Up x 1
  19. Zoopshab

All im gonna say is I watched it on 0.5x speed... and normally when I fire a bolt action sniper rifle I get some vertical recoil. But he doesn't seem to get any. Cursor stays perfectly level at all times.
    • Up x 1
  20. Twarion

Okay... I had an 6 months break while I studied abroad for a semester... It took me like 2-3 Weeks to get back on track... because abilities you have spent years to learn, will stick with you for a very long time.

And in the case of elusive: even after such a long time, the 8 years of regular practice and 2k+ hours won't disappear over night... or even over 180+ nights... lol...

And to take things back on a more objective playground: he is not doing this "consistently"... I saw his streams... he is extremely good, but also he makes mistakes and misses shots... In his vids he shows us his killstreaks, which are a selected number of clips, where everything went perfectly and he was utmost focused. That's all the "magic" there is to it.

PS: Simply repeating your counterpart's argument is by far the lowest form of a "comeback" one could possibly pull off... so congrats on showcasing your general ability to debate... **sarcastic slow clap**