[NUC] elusive1: Infinite

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Apr 13, 2020.

1. elusive1

• Up x 4
  2. Stopper

Glad to see that the Master is back to PS2 ! :)
    • Up x 2
  3. pnkdth

You hear that in the distance? Listen carefully... Ah, yes, you hear them too? The hackusations.
    • Up x 5
  4. Campagne

At this point I don't even care honestly, but let's not dance around the reality of it.

People cheat. A lot of them. Most of them aren't obvious, we know this because of the hitbox manipulations.

'Nough said, I'm sure everyone already knows my position anyway. :p
    • Up x 4
  5. Liewec123

well his videos are always incredibly suspicious.
    there are people who are good at the game
    and then there is spamming out headshots within 0.1 second of turning a corner.

aimbots have gotten a lot smarter now, its not the obvious "snap" to heads anymore,
    aimbots can now be programmed to "drift" to heads to make it look way less artificial
    like this.
    • Up x 3
  6. Smallzz

pnkdth called it, the NC daybreak forum moron patrol didn't take long.
    • Up x 1
  7. Twin Suns

No lifeguard, swim at your own risk. The game is as old as dirt when it comes to the lifespan of a shooter game.

Nice vid btw.

o7
  8. Towie

So we have a new video - same as the old video.

'Technique' is exactly the same, sweep across the target (sometimes at great speed) while managing to perfectly time the headshot. 28-29 seconds is a good example - initially started aiming at someone then hitting another much closer target while turning at incredible speed.
    Another at 1:36 - 1:37 - even at quarter playback speed I can barely see someone there let along manage to get a headshot while turning quickly.

Is it extreme skill ? Is it an auto-shoot ? Nobody knows...the only thing we do know is that 'normal' people simply cannot achieve this. Place your bets ;)
  9. blackboemmel

• Up x 1
  10. Smallzz

Not only that but these are compiled youtube clips, not one continuous 1 hour stream. Even though I can guarantee you Elusive is better than 99.9% of the people who CQC bolt he still has cherry picked killstreaks, yet somehow the sherlock holmes official forum crew is on to something not up to snuff lmao.

This is a game without matchmaker. It's entirely possible to go on massive killstreaks where you only run into 2-3 people who actually have a faint idea of what they are doing.. and even those people still die more often than not to an insta kill weapon from an invisible man who can out aim them.

If anything this should spark a discussion of "what exactly should the skill ceiling be" and "why does the class with a cloak have the capability to 1 shot from 0m to 200m" but instead it's about hackzors because anyone that plays better than me must be cheating.
    • Up x 1
  11. Liewec123

nice strawman you got there.

i even said in my post, THERE ARE GOOD PLAYERS, i watch vids by Camikaze and folks like him, they're good.
    i have no problem accepting that they are better than me.

but THEY aren't turning corners and aiming perfectly at the head and firing
    in less time than it takes a human brain to even realise that there is an enemy to shoot at.
    the fastest human reaction times are between 0.15 and 0.2 seconds,
    and yet he's turning corners, precisely aiming and popping headshots in that time.

so unless you want to say he's reacting faster than humans can react (good luck), something is fishy as f%%k.

and then shall we talk about some of the headshots that he gets
    when you can watch it a million times in slow motion and he doesn't ever target their head?

we know that people hack, that is a fact.
    so which is more likely, that he has reaction times faster than humanly possible,
    or that he is simply just another cheating scriptkid,
    using a combination of smoothed aimbot (like i posted above) combined with making head hitboxes larger?
    both can EASILY be combined to provide subtlety that will fool the sheep.
    macro a button to, when pressed, toggle on the autoaim and then left click 0.1s later.

one is mundane and highly plausible and easily achievable,
    the other requires you to believe that he is a superhuman...

we've both picked our choices, and i'll stay with the most likely option, you stay with X-men superpowers.
    • Up x 3
  12. Johannes Kaiser

A lot of the shots certainly are plausible for a very skilled sniper - which I am not, so the "oh yeah, this is legit, I could do that too" angle does not apply.
    Some are a bit iffy. Others have pointed out why, no need to repeat. If that were a thing in PS2, my money would be on "AI on insane difficulty and all bonus options enabled". :D (At least that's how some of the victims must have felt like after the more improbably shots.)
  13. pnkdth

Camikaze is good but not great and certainly not MLG material. Plus he hasn't dedicated himself to a single class using a single weapon over years and years. The stuff you claim is superhuman I just call pre-aiming because even I am perfectly able to use 1) radar 2) map knowledge 3) muscle memory to make it appear that I have a supernatural sense of where I should aim. I am not as consistent as Elusive1 but that's probably cause I do not use BASRs much or used the infiltrator as my main.

Same is true across other FPS games on competitive levels where people seem to make impossible shots or seem like they just knew someone was there. I remember watching a competitive game of Q3 and it was quite incredible since they seem to know exactly when armour and weapons spawned, not just that they were present at the right time but they literally just bunny-hopped past and timed it on the second it spawned. It really is quite remarkable what humans can do when they dedicate enough time to a singular thing.

As the quote goes, "I fear not a man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once but a man who has trained one kick 10,000 times."

Speaking of suspicious, you seem very keen on diverting our attention to him. What are you hiding... Why do you know so much about cheating... Very suspicious, indeed. How did you know to fly around up in the ceiling on that GIF, for instance, did you perhaps use 3rd party software to gain an unfair advantage. I cannot prove anything but I can speculate and that's almost the same as evidence.
  14. Demigan

1: I dont understand this fanboyism for someone with fame. Looking at Trump for example he can lie about everything even if an expert with thousands of manhours of research just told the reality of a situation, and people still protect him because "he's successful". We see life, sports and E-sports alike that we should never just rely on "this guy is good it's probably OK", but always be ready to question and test if someone hasnt gone bad and cheat in some way.
    (On the other side of the coin there's also people who will claim foul play like cheating even without investigating things so this works both ways)

2: when confronted with it, Elusive claimed that something in the background of the engine caused some of his misses to turn into hits because of the way his shooting technique works (the drag shooting). This would mean that 1/3rd or even 2/3rd of his hits should have been misses instead, which is a huge deal for his playstyle. Again: he himself admitted this. Naturally he refuses to look into it so he can keep profitting from unearned hits. Also even with high-ROF weapons and specific setups I havent been able to reproduce it at any point, strange right?

3: the title of the video is spot-on, 3 minutes in it felt like it was going on forever. I never understood the value of video's like this but I guess some people like it.
    • Up x 2
  15. Smallzz

"Trump blah blah blah" (who wants to talk about strawmans again?) "keep profiting from unearned hits", "without the same level of practice with weapons that aren't at all similar to bolts I have been unable to replicate this" (no 'I can't do it so it must be cheating' going on here LMAO), "I don't know how pre firing, drag firing, or map/game sense works so it must be cheating"

Ok bads, stay bad. This is why you will stay bad too, this thread, front and center. Just look at your replies here. Exactly as was predicted, if I cant do it my little pea brain can't process or comprehend how someone else is good enough to do it so it must be hackzors.
  16. Towie

Unfortunately it's the realisation that PS2 is infested with seriously suspicious folks - makes people suspicious of everyone pulling amazing feats.

Just look at the fisu activity leader board and you'll find plenty that make you think hmm - potentially dodgy.

I've just looked now - and - at least this guy has a sense of humor when naming his character: https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=enlargentheboxes
  17. Demigan

The "strawman" isn't a strawman, it's about how people who make a name for themselves gather a group of people who will defend them no matter how little they actually looked into a subject, and they'll also deny any evidence to the contrary beforehand without ever investigating it.
    Which is exactly what you are doing.

Keep your small-minded idiocies for yourself please. Just because your a fanboi doesn't mean you are right. And again: He himself said that this is what helping him, and it immediately makes his skills a lot less magnificent by an order of magnitude. Just look at his kills and cut off 1/3rd or 2/3rd, and add about 10% of each kill removed to his deaths (as a low-ball estimate). Suddenly doesn't seem that good anymore, and that is exactly what we are looking at.

Also why would you discount the fact that this thing that he admits is helping him is impossible to reproduce? After all it's a skill thing right? I've done my share of insta-kill drag-shooting long before PS2 came out and I know how it works and what it does. So if I can't reproduce his shots no matter what I do, what does that tell you?
    Well to you it's meaningless and just another chance to insult my skill. If there was incontrovertible proof that he was cheating or abusing a system in the background and it was shown right in front of everyone, you would still say "you just bad you worse so you say hackzorz". Because that's the fanboi you are.
  18. elusive1

You're completely misrepresenting the past and what I've said. The undeniable fact is the engine doesn't produce a perfectly exact representation of bullets and bullet hits. This should be obvious to anybody who actually plays the game. It has already been proven with the 1 fps frame by frame video, you actually fire before the bullet spark from the gun even shows up. If you personally still can't produce some of these shots after all these years, then you're actually bad at this point.
    • Up x 3
  19. Smallzz

Seriously suspicious folks are the BR 15 ones who do the Sound of Music SMG GIF with a Naginata during primetime and get their accounts reported a thousand times.

I can guarantee you Elusive has a folder somewhere of just personal hackusations that is probably bigger than your **** folder. If he's been reported and investigated that many times by the devs and still given the green light then he's not the infamous hacker 4chan, he's just better than you/demigan/liewec and you apparently have a hard time admitting that. I don't have a hard time admitting it, I'm older now and my reflexes aren't what they used to be, and even in my prime I wasn't ever as good as Elusive is. Some people can run a marathon in a tenth the time I can, that doesn't mean they cheated. Some people can throw a football like a laser beam, that doesn't mean there are little wires attached to the football that I cant see.. and some people can outshoot the hell out of me on a game I've been playing since beta, that doesn't mean they are hacking.

The devs are intentionally vague about what hacks are still present in PS2 and what hacks aren't (mostly to avoid cheaters from using said info to tailor their hacks) but I can assure you that 90% of the time you were convinced someone was hacking they were just better than you, 1 framed you with 3-4x headshots before you could react, and/or play on a higher ping than you do. This game's netcode isn't perfect even after 8 years and there are a lot of really skilled individuals who have been playing not only PS2 for that 8 year time period but also quake and unreal tournament before PS2.
  20. Towie

Speaking of fanbois (as so many here seem to be stroking egos)...Jarvis Kaye had over 2 million subscribers on his Fortnite channel - earning millions - quite a fanboi base if you ask me.

Wonder how they felt when he was caught cheating and given a lifetime ban ?

He was pretty upset to be honest if his crying video is to be believed. If i'd just lost that earning potential think i'd be crying too.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

(Personally i'll have to give elusive credit - his last video produced the same reaction - yet he's doing it again ! Maybe likes controversy...AND i'd like to point out that his stats and ability, real or artificial, aren't even close to so many who have played for so very long - no offense)
    • Up x 1