Unfair and Discriminative practices

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrojonKing 1st, Apr 12, 2020.

1. TrojonKing 1st

How dose Planetside 2 DEV's / OWNERS Justify the use of Unfair and discriminative practices for competitor's in Outfit War's. ?
  2. NotziMad

Assuming you're hoping for a reply, it might help to give a little more details.

For example, let's imagine that I am Planetside 2 DEV / OWNER, and I read your post, the only thing I could reply is :

what do you mean?
    • Up x 8
  3. adamts01

Don't be salty. 3v3 scenarios don't really show who's the best anyway.
  4. TrojonKing 1st

Ok you have a point, I am talking about the queuing system for Outfit wars were I got separated from my platoon and was put on a Non Members que even tho it was a competition? So this would mean platoon entering battle would lose some of there player from the start of the battle if they were Non members. Which is unfair on platoon leaders and players. hope this helps
    • Up x 1
  5. TrojonKing 1st

Not salty just pissed as I stayed up until 4am to take part In this competition. Only to be treated like a second class chump. So it ended up being a waste of my time and effort. It would just be nice if they could explain there reasons why.
    • Up x 2
  6. TrojonKing 1st

I have been playing this game for nearly 7+ years with 5 characters over BR 100+ ( my current one is BR 113 ) So if I sound "salty","pissed" I think I have earned that right even if I am not currently A paying member.
    • Up x 1
  7. NotziMad

tbh, "salty" is an over used insult, in reality, no one gets anything done unless they get salty, and what's more, if anything, it shows a person cares, cause you wouldn't get salty if you didn't care would you?
    • Up x 1
  8. TrojonKing 1st

I care a lot, I just draw the line at discriminative practices of competitors. Why do they have a two tier queuing system for these match's? There is no rhyme or reason to. As I stated before this will have an impact as all of your platoon is not starting at the same time. example if you pick players to start building base's or to fly reconnaissance and they happen to be non members they will not be there in time to do there jobs because they are stuck in a non member que. So how would that make it a fair fight when you are being penalized form the start of the battle for having Non members in your team.
    • Up x 2
  9. That_One_Kane_Guy

That isn't discrimination, that's a bug, and yours is hardly the only outfit it happened to. Being refused service at a McDonald's because of your skin color is different from being refused service because the fryer is broken. This was the first big event run by the new Devs on a new continent with a new format and new rules. You didn't expect it to go flawlessly, did you?
  10. TrojonKing 1st

"Being refused service at a McDonald's because of your skin color" is racism, But separating player's who are taking part in the same competition from there squads because there non members is discrimination and as stated before unfair. You say it's a bug but why have Two queuing systems active for the event in the first place? unless you have people paying for positions in the event!
  11. iller

3 faction FreeForAll was not the problem with this Format and if you think it was, then it just shows how unprepared your Outfit was going into it. My Outfit only lost our match by 20 points right at the very end. We were ahead of both our opponents by 300 points in the first 10 minutes. The Format does exactly what it's supposed to do. The problem is the pacing of the point system and the lack of proper strategy diversification incentives and lack of earnest Base Building efforts halfway into the match
  12. TrojonKing 1st

I had no issue with the "3 faction FreeForAl" ?. The issue is the two tier queuing system that they had implemented and how this could and will impact platoons going in to battle with non members in there platoon. Knowing this now I would advice all platoon leader's not to pick Non members for platoons going into this event and for planetside2 Dev's to make it clear that if you are planning to put together a platoon for this event and have non member in your platoon then do not expect to have a full platoon at the start of the battle as non members will be discriminated against and stuck in a second queuing system.
  13. That_One_Kane_Guy

And guess what racism is. Stop getting lost in semantics.

I don't know why they would do it that way, but jumping to the conclusion that it is because people are paying for positions in an event with minimal viewership and no prize pool is a fantastic, some would say ridiculous leap of logic.

The simpler explanation is, of course that bugs exist on a brand new continent in a brand new mode in a game to where 'bugs' and 'new content' go together like milk and cereal. I understand the bitterness, but it's only a game. There's no need to revert to conspiracy theorism.
  14. strove

Outfits have a permission role for being able to participate. There is a limit of 48 people per outfit any more than that trying to join will be in a queue. If this was an issue, your outfit could and should have sorted it by giving 48 people that permission or making it clear who out of their roster was going to be participating so that others didnt clog up the numbers. This is something that will hopefully be made easier by the devs in future iterations. As mentioned earlier, this was an alpha test, the very first one... It wont be perfect and you have just as much a duty to not get too mad when it ***** up as they have a duty to make it better for next time.
  15. TrojonKing 1st

Agree it's a bit of a leap but I have no better answer for having a non members queuing system for a contest map. I also understand that first plan never survives first contact. As a mod developer myself I understand bugs happen in the strangest of places. I'm sorry i keep harping on but to have a complete secondary queuing system for non members in place on a new contest map is not a bug at best it's a F*** up
    I was in the the 48 members limit. As I could still hear my squad lead asking/shouting were the ***** I was. To which i explained I was in a que that stated it was for Non Members and yes I was stuck in it for 12-15 mins. before being stuck in the middle of the map with no markers and then being disconnected.
  16. strove

So there were less than 48 players from your outfit in the map at the point where you were queuing? Thats a bug then, not the devs "practices" discriminatory or not.
  17. TrojonKing 1st

18. TrojonKing 1st

sorry I forgot to click the reply button:
    Ok i'l go with that but why have a queuing system in place stating it's for Non members? unless they did a bit of cut and paste programming? which is not a good programming practice at the best of time's
  19. strove

Within programming, something like the queue timer is a single piece of code that runs in all cases, between all continents in this example. They likely have a single bit of code that handles all queues and they used that one rather than creating a whole new one from scratch. If they are working under the assumption that 48 people will have been chosen and 48 people will get in, im sure they assumed that the queue function would see little to no use aside from maybe a couple of players "on the bench" so to speak. Its easy to see how they might not assume they would need to look at queues, certainly no more than making sure there is one to enforce the 48 player limit.
    Again, something to look into, not a conscious decision to lock the wrong people out im sure.
    • Up x 1
  20. TrojonKing 1st