Public Service Announcement: Bastion weak points can be locked onto by A2A missiles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talthos, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Talthos

I say again: BFC (Bastion Fleet Carrier) weak points can be locked onto with Tomcat/Photon A2A missiles.

Also, the weak points have -125% resistance to A2A missiles (aka, they take extra damage from them).

Rough 'hits to kill' estimates below (all numbers assume that the shields aren't given a chance to regenerate):
    • 7 A2A missile hits to break the shield
    • 20 A2A missile hits to finish off the unshielded weak point
    Total numbers to destroy just 1 BFC weak point: 27 A2A missile hits to go from 'shielded' to 'dead'.

I do hope this is useful information.

And before you ask: Yes, I've tested this myself in-game.

And yes, I was also surprised that it works, too.
    • Up x 4
  2. Twin Suns

"Get on the wire, tell them how to bring those sumbiches down." - Gen Gray. Independence Day

o7
    • Up x 1
  3. iller

Atleast 2 big Connery NC outfits already knew this and spread the word the first week. (that's why they kept killing other bastions so effortlessly). But it's great to see it also posted for all the other folks out here.

PS: Easiest way to pull 30+ Reavers with that exact loadout is PlayersBases of course. People who already have fully certed ESF's should definitely be pulling Extras and setting to them (*)Platoon so other players with less unlocks in their squads can use them!. (and not have to spend the Certs on an otherwise heavily nerfed Meme Secondary)
    • Up x 1