[Suggestion] Equip Three Implants ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Deviance, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Deviance

Would it make things more exciting to have three implants available to be equipped instead of just two? How OP would the combinations be? How about only the least used implants have there own category and can be equipped with the most used holding the exceptional slots and the third slot for the low grade implants? I think it would be great personally.. and add a further element of customization and immersive experience to the game.
    • Up x 6
  2. OneShadowWarrior

Like Planetside 1? Maybe for 1 ASP point?
    • Up x 1
  3. NeonSonic

they had 3 implants in planetside 1. planetside 2 would be fine as well. i agree. they should just tack it on there.
    • Up x 2
  4. Scrundle

But Planetside 1 implants also required power, in the form of your stamina, as a balancing mechanic.
    If we were currently allowed to use an extra implant some of them would have to be toned down to avoid certain combinations being overpowered, which really in a roundabout way just brings us back to where we are right now anyway.
    • Up x 2
  5. NeonSonic

Which combinations do you mean would make them overpowered? Way I see it this game is straight up FPS even more so than PlanetSide 1 its like Counter-Strike so to speak, so its faster paced players still die very quickly and easily if you know what you are doing.

Implants I use mainly are Combat Surgeon max rank and Sidewinder max rank for my combat medic and other classes are Regeneration max rank with sidewinder max rank. If I had a 3rd implant slot I would tack on Target Focus max rank or Battle Hardened max rank.
  6. adamts01

That sounds terrible. Symbiote/Survivalist so you can run grenade bandolier or ASC and still benefit from nanoweave.
  7. adamts01

I like the idea of having tiers for implants. So you can run two tier 1s, or a tier 1 and two tier 2s. I'd also love it if I could trade my HA overshield for a 3rd implant slot.
    • Up x 1
  8. NeonSonic

ah really? lolz well, its pretty effective for me. ive been using it for a long time the benefits really shine since i usually carry c4 for enemy vehicles and 6x scope on my weapons with a laser sight so hipfire is more efficient with the sidewinder and regen implant since i carry c4 as opposed to medical stims.
  9. Deviance

Everyone can learn which combinations work best and use them as well. It's completely fine to have this. It's not like you cant see what your enemy is running when you die to him in the kill cam. Says his loadout / implants right there. With that being said, if you see a Killer with a bounty that has gone on quite a streak, Check out his 3 way combo and apply it to yours. theres nothing wrong with this in my opinion. and everyone can be 'OP'. I'm surprised they havent added three by now. It will spice things up and keep the veteran players, interested.

Check this video out by CAMIKAZE78 . He just released it and it he classes the implants in order , so as to show the effectiveness of each one. It would be nice to see tiers being implemented into the game to add a boost slots based on there effectiveness. If they are scared of super soldiers equipping the best of the best only.

It's all situational and class oriented anyways. Skill defeats all the implants in the world. Even if a player had every implant in the game equipped. He would still be killed by a random noob that knows how to shoot a gun and with no implants equipped. So its really a no brainer to give us that 1 extra implant slot, at least.
  10. Mozgoved

Its really not a nobrainer - there might be really OP combinations which would ruin the game for everyone else, so everything needs to be double checked
  11. Liewec123

and there should be some implants rolled in baseline,
    like if you use ambusher/icarus jets you should get built in rank 1-2 safefall so you don't die because you used your ability...

they should just remove battle hardened and either leave it as it is or reduce flinch for everyone, because it is way too mandatory.

i think it'd also be cool if everyone received veeeeery low passive healing
    because like Battle Hardened i consider running Regen to be pretty mandatory.
    • Up x 1
  12. ZDarkShadowsZ

If there were to be 3 implant slots, I'd like to see the 3rd slot be reserved for class/faction implants. It'd add more value to playing a certain faction, and more fun coming up with unique faction-unique loadouts.
    • Up x 1
  13. Gutseen

f

regen is trash and only used for long- mid range fights with lots of cover.
    flinch is practically non existant outside of sniper rifles
    • Up x 1
  14. IVANPIDORVAN

there is only one deadly combo of 3 implants: vampire+carapace+nightmare
    so devs should make exception for these combo and disable ability to equip all of them at once. Apart from that i can't see why 3rd implant slot is a bad idea.

It actually will make few underused implants more popular, since we already have 1-2 "musthave" implants for each class (assimilate for heavies, safefall for ambushers, combat surgeon for medics... etc). These implants are mandatory for majority of class loadouts with few exceptions and you cannot swap them for something else. For example, one of my 8 heavy loadouts called "bounty-hunter" - it uses suppressed NS-15gallows and pilot with sensor shield and assimilate. I would like to also include assassin to this build, but i can't, because these 2 implants are too vital to the success of this loadout. And this is just one example, i have a lot more, but it gonna be waste of time to list them all here (like if stalker prefer something else than sensor shield+catlike = he is dumb). What i want to say is if devs don't want to buff some underused implants, just allow us to equip 3rd one.
    • Up x 3
  15. Deviance

BUMP. **DEVS** Please allow us 3 implants!
  16. JustGotSuspended

^ yeah 2 is a little limiting, especially given how many there are and how niche most of them really are.

I would allow at least 3, perhaps balance how many each class is allowed to equip.
    • Up x 1
  17. Deviance

I agree Classes could be tied to certain implants to for the third slot. thats a solution possibly.
  18. Shadowpikachu

If there's ever a third slot it should always be the least used more niche lesser used things or reserved for class-only ones, and none for maxes because they have so few it works out.
    • Up x 1
  19. Deviance

Good points. Why do you think MAX with 3 would be overkill?
    • Up x 1
  20. JustGotSuspended

It depends if they start adding more berserker like implants to the game, but imo I think MAXes have so little implants it doesn't really matter.