This shouldn't happen unless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, Apr 8, 2020.

1. NotziMad

--> low population
    --> all or most player are new to the game (and even then, I'd argue that it still shouldn't happen).

I've covered this topic before, extensively, many many times over the years. I usually accompagny such posts with very long, tiresome[IMG], and very detailed explanations.

This time, I'll just shoot this one out there, so to speak :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

1: how do you know the newbyness of the playerbase? I would love access to that kind of statistics.

2: since the game began everyone would go to the most fun part of the game: large-scale combat. You want players to focus more on the overall theme of capturing the continent you are going to have to make that fun and engaging rather than the antithesis of the fun large-scale combat that obviously attracts the lionshare of players. What suggestions do you have for making that happen besides trying to shame people into doing your bidding?
    • Up x 1
  3. NotziMad

I don't, why do you ask? Cause it's irrelevant.

as to you're number 2, this has been happening for years now, well, at least 2 years, Wasn't like that before.

What I want, is coherence, at least a little bit of it, the kind of stuff that made sense form 2013 to 2018, more or less.

Is that all right with you?

As to this bit :

You've missed the point, you're being patronising, and the irony, from your high ground, you're wrong, off topic, get your act together big guy ;=)
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

I ask because you bring it up and parade it around as a reason things dont go the way you want. Thanks for confirming you pull it out of your thumb.

So when the game released it was just a collective hallucination that it was 24/7 Crown combat and that the only placed the Zergs converged was for biolab fights? Something that has continued from then on and never ceased?

What is there to be allright with? Something that never happened?

I missed the point? So this thread wasnt about you telling everyone that they shouldnt keep fighting fun fights in biolabs when their faction is being warpgated? In that case please do enlighten me what this thread is about and why responding to that is off-topic and supposedly wrong.
    • Up x 1
  5. NotziMad

tell you what, why don't you keep it simple and to the point :

"This (see screenshot in OP)" shouldn't happen.

You think it should happen?
    • Up x 1
  6. NotziMad

Or maybe you're not actually here to talk about the subject of the thread?

Maybe you just want to "forum pvp"?

That's ok, I like to forum pvp too, don't be shy! :)
    • Up x 1
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

A cookie if anyone can guess when these were taken:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. NotziMad

2013 / 2014 (I was there :p)

I know what you're saying, to which I reply : the devs worked hard to change that, and they did change that.
  9. Demigan

That is a really weird question because it can be interpreted in different ways. It is answered with "yes that should happen" and also with "no that shouldn't happen".

In the current game when given the choice between a fun fight at a biolab or an unenjoyable fight trying to claim the continent, yes this should definitely happen. choosing for the fun fight is the only thing that should matter in this game. So yes, this should happen.

You can't ask players to change their behaviour and play in a way that isn't satisfying, or at least not satisfying to the majority of players. Evidenced in every picture in this thread: The majority choosing for a fun fight.

You can ask for the developers to change the battleflow so that is becomes more enjoyable. However you specifically blame the playerbase so you are asking the players to change their behaviour. And that just shouldn't happen.
    • Up x 2
  10. NotziMad

Nope, it's simple and easy. It's the title of the thread.

I don't think this should happen. You do, awesome !

And I'm not blaming the player base where on earth did you get that idea?
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

This is about the playerbase.
    You specifically do not go into details according to your own words, but find this so damn important that you have to add it. Despite that you admit to making it up.

So how are you not blaming the playerbase? You are essentially calling all of them newbies who don't play the way you want them to play, evidenced by the picture of a biolab fight in full swing while the faction is being warpgated being the most notable things in your screenshot captioned by "this should happen less".
    • Up x 1
  12. NotziMad

that's fact Demigan, if all the players playing PS2 were entirely new, you'd see this kind of behaviour.

It's a fact, but they aren't to blame, when I was a new player, that's exactly what I did too.

You really annoying, maybe I should just ignore you again like before o_O
    • Up x 1
  13. Demigan

Here's another fact: veteran players also do that kind of behaviour. That was kind of the point of Kane's post: this is the exact same as we saw in 2013/2014 and it hasnt changed since.

And again you admit that what you said before was complete nonsense. You say you arent blaming the playerbase at first but now say that its because you think all players are new players, just like you did in the first post.

I know I am annoying to you, because like everyone you dont like being corrected. The solution is simple: dont post dumb crap that needs correcting.
    • Up x 2
  14. FLHuk

• Up x 1
  15. Liewec123

All I see is VS doing their usual zerg-over-everything,
    and it looks like NC have headed towards TR (because VS aren't fun to fight.)
    Seems average to me!
    As Demi said, if DBG want to stop VS from winning like this over and over,
    then NC and TR need some incentive to bother with them.
    Because they always seem to have the overpop and have generally better weapons/vehicles,
    They are NOT fun to fight.

I could keep fighting TR in fun fair fights, or go face an overpop zerg of PPA scythes and magriders...
    Hmmm tough choice.
  16. ZDarkShadowsZ

Yes, play against us! We like fighting you guys too. <3

Whenever I play against VS, it's just a swarm of medkit-addicted Betelgeuse Heavy Assaults, Scythe PPA spam, overall just general toxic behaviour. More so than TR or NC.
    • Up x 1
  17. Scrundle

Looks like a normal day on Cobalt to me. Although, to be fair, those red and blue players have a LITTLE too much land compared to usual. Better that they only have their warpgates, such as has happened with surprising regularity recently.

Don't worry though, keep in mind that the VS are "Just better players". Significantly better in fact for them to take on 66% with 33% and win utterly.
  18. TRspy007

Its a prime examples of how useless the queues are.

Just because pop is 33 33 33 doesn't mean one faction can't dominate.

If anything, it prevents a larger factions from spreading resources across both fronts.
    • Up x 1
  19. NotziMad

Plz don't tell me that this happens because VS is overpowered and the Beltegeuse is too strong @@

We'"ve been over this before Liewec, it isn't the VS, this happens whatever the faction.
    • Up x 2
  20. NotziMad

overall pop doesn't matter that much, at least, it doesn't matter as much as what that pop is doing.

This (that screenshot) is the result of where that pop chooses (or is motivated to) fight.
    • Up x 2