[Suggestion] I do not understand this

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kertsz, Apr 8, 2020.

1. kertsz

I do not understand this, I kill my enemy, but he also kills me, however I see in the death data that he still had life left, what kind of desynchronization is this?

2. Demigan

Since forever the deathscreen lags behind on the real status of the player. So if you quickly hit someone heavily as you die (say a headshot with a high damage weapon) they can still look like full-health on your deathscreen.

But don't worry this is just a mismatch with the deathscreen and the actual game. In the actual game you can see that the damage is tracked correctly: Your enemy is dead, just like you in this case.
    • Up x 4
  3. strove

This can also be cases of you dieing while the bullet that killes your opponent is in flight but hasnt landed yet
    • Up x 1
  4. kertsz

The problem I see is that in the time that I kill, the data is not uploaded to the server, so I die. What had to happen if I kill is that on the contrary it does not have time to kill me, but of course the server as the opposite death chamber indicates to me is that it does not kill it in time.
  5. vonRichtschuetz

Killing each other "at the same time" is heavily dependent on latency. If I go to the NA servers from EU, it happens a lot more. It's how clientside hit detection works. If it happens to you a lot, it's most likely your connection or the server you chose is too far away.
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

I've had this a few times. My favourite is having a knife battle where my opponent and I somehow manage to stab, and kill one another at the same time.

Part of it, I would assume is because of latency, but also the velocity that bullets travel to reach from A to B. Some are slower than one another, but fast enough that the human eye cannot always dodge them in 1v1 combat.
  7. kertsz

It is difficult to explain and English is not my native language (I use google translator).
    What I fear is that on my screen I have killed the enemy, and that is how the server interprets it, but that this information is not synchronized in time and the server also interprets that the enemy has killed me. So I die too, even though I killed him before.
    It is difficult for me to interpret it even in my language. What I fear is that even if it gives me death, if everything were synchronized well I should not die.
  8. Towie

I'd say you were just about right - think of the Mexican Standoff (eg. end of Reservior Dogs). It takes a while for everything to synch up by which point you're all dead.
  9. kertsz

And what about this?

10. JibbaJabba

Two important things for your mental health:

1. It's tracking **** right. If you killed him then you killed him and vice versa.
    2. The post death health bars is NOT tracked right. There are some nuances that can make it inaccurate.
    • Up x 1
  11. kertsz

It is continuous, I have bought a dedicated network card and I think I have improved somewhat. In the next few days I will comment if it no longer happens to me or that I have noticed, until now with the integrated it is one death after another:

12. Blam320

Dude quit worrying about it. It's really not that big of a deal and it's not affecting whether or not you killed the guy.
    • Up x 1