character longevity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angel Devoid, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Angel Devoid

anyone else think it would be cool to take your character that you spent a long time building up, with you to a sequel of the game and progressing further ?

Some adaptions are expected and is only forward compatable.

now that would be an mmog
  2. Lord_Avatar

Something to ponder with regard to Planetside 3, but not much more for now.
  3. Angel Devoid

will be sad to see the soldier retire .
  4. FLHuk

Nope, level playing field. Except for currency purchases we all learn together. ( I'm F2P )
    • Up x 1
  5. Angel Devoid

I reckon you'd miss them really, signatures of your stats for all to marvel over says you will, just a little.
  6. FLHuk

I can't make you believe me but my stats here are unique to my PS2 play and I'd like them to stay PS2. For a new title I'll be making a char with my preferred name FLH as I missed out on that name in 2012 and had to settle on FLHuk. I then added the others to experience things I took to be OP, I was mostly wrong except about VS :)

They are posted mainly to show people should play all three factions, that K/D is easy to pad if it means anything to you and that if you're on Cobalt here are my names if you want to team work ( I've posted that reply enough if you really care too look ).

My terrible stats are there because I like to have people aware of my terrible stats to pick over when I post, why hide? I am however proud to have been here playing solidly day in day out since 2012 as a F2P.

So again, for the new title, should there be one. Level playing field with my terrible stats for day one of that title posted on my sig. Have a nice day sir/madam :)
  7. NotziMad

I really don't find it that long to "build" a character, I've done it a few times, although, I don't have a job right now so maybe that explains it ;p

Anyway, back to teh point, you might have a better chance convincing the devs if you suggested a compromise, something like :

"keep the esthetics"

or something like that, you iknow?
  8. Angel Devoid

That would be an idea.
    • Up x 1
  9. Angel Devoid

Perhaps a little badge on your new char in the sequal as a token to say ps2 vet. Like what EA did with Battlefield once. Not sure if they still do kinds gave up on that game after bf1
  10. FLHuk

That's not a bad idea. The HL port Natural Selection 1 did a supporters badge, Constellation, that showed on the scoreboard.

You paid for that, kind of a one off membership payment.
  11. Caesar_REDMIST

badge and that's it, then start planetside 3 all from scratch it will be like starting an MMO from level 1, nice sensations.

Anyway there will be no planetside 3 for now hopefully, game shines as it is now.
    • Up x 1
  12. Angel Devoid

The game does indeed shine