NC pop out of control

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UnholyFury, Mar 30, 2020.

1. UnholyFury

This is what happens when one empire has best in class weapons, with highest alpha strike damage, little or easy to control recoil in one direction. This is what happens when you nerf VS and TR weapons into the dirt, but don't ever bother to touch NC weapons.

[IMG][IMG]
  2. UnholyFury

30 vs world pop, 29 tr world pop....and you guessed it....39 nc pop
  3. NotziMad

lol
    • Up x 4
  4. OneShadowWarrior

Hilarious post.

Well, TR need Platoons and still get kicked.

VS need squads and still get kicked.

I run a NC on Emerald whose Outfit is not active and needs no one and on Connery, don’t need a Outfit, squad or platoon with NC stuff.

Once you set particles to low and effects to low, TR high rate of fire and the lighting effects that cause blinding by VS disappears.

Pretty simple, higher damage always equals the win.
  5. iller

It's actually not unusual at all for NC to still lose many alerts even with 39% pop.

Their better players didn't actually come back to the game. Only Blueberries did and the Leaderboards all prove it (except recursion who just snagged better players from other factions)
  6. adamts01

This is the single biggest problem on Connery. This game is such a small community that stacking one faction with all the skill really ***** things up. I don't understand how the supposedly most competitive players in this game stack the deck so much that they eliminate any competition.
  7. iller

I've been keenly aware of this since... 2011 I think? At least 80% of all killer/Achiever type gamers do it. I went so far as to become a Steam Source server Administrator just to have some kind of power to slow it down where in I just SAT in servers spectating 12 hours a day, using Teamscramble plugins and recording anything that looked like wallhacking to get as many of these mother*****rs as I could either split between factions or dispersed to less community-Driven vanilla servers where their bull sh** modifications and exploits weren't allowed by the Steam Checksums.

Would I ask for that to be done against Recursion or even any VS outfits here?? No unfortunately this is a matter of principle of "YOU DON'T TRY TO CHANGE AN MMORPG's CORE AUDIENCE more than 2 years after it's launch". ...every MMO that has tried to do that, deserved to die. WOW still hasn't died when they did it, but they deserve to none the less.

Nothing is going to stop them from continuing to trivialize this Event. And frankly it's what the Designers deserve for not coming here and asking this forum full of Loners for a different perspective. (Not me, I'm in an outfit in 2nd place... I think the whole thing's effing stupid too, but I'll still train with them every night that's expected of me)

The "Stacking" is probably having a huge impact on Connery's Alert results too. At least they were all the times I've been on the past 2 weeks. But I don't know what else to say about it? It's probably even out of the Devs' own hands because the person who's actually likely behind it is this DBG shareholder who's really into E-sports for some incredibly stupid reason and just wants to see everything have a thin veneer of E-sporty'ness
  8. adamts01

We're just talking about skill stacking, right? You can't control how players group up in an open world, but they can incentive balance. They can crank up the XP bonus for killing skilled players on the field by modifying the bounty system. They can ease population limits to allow grouping up on stacked teams and factions.
  9. LodeTria

They already do that tho? You have High threat kills which is 1 whole cert I think, and extreme menance kills which are almost 2 certs. Then you have the bounty system ontop of that too.
  10. Demigan

No its not the weapons, NC players are simply more skilled and do better teamwork.
    • Up x 3
  11. FLHuk

Actual tea on keyboard moment :D
    • Up x 1
  12. That_One_Kane_Guy

So are all of the ignorant posts going to follow a standardized naming scheme now? A forumula?
  13. adamts01

Yeah, I recommend expanding upon the current bounty system. I mean, I typically have a bounty and I'm nothing special. Maybe after so many bounties or after having one for so long you go on a hit list of sorts and you'll show up on the world map so bounty hunters can search you out. Maybe tie a new gun to this system. Maybe let a bounty count you as two players in population balance formulas at a base, and this special bounty count you as 4 players. This would help offset the drastic skill imbalance at fights that are capped at an even pop.

I never see you online by the way. I only log on to Emerald these days for my daily XP but I always keep an eye out for you. We need to duel some ESF one of these days.
  14. monkeybear44

And this is why the NC doesnt have Max anny more.
    uninformed spuwing of acusations from the TR mains who think when they get killed its not there skill but the enemy,s weapon

lets give the TR free maxes to make it easy for you to kill NC players shall we
    • Up x 1
  15. LodeTria

Yeah since the I got the NS11p from that code I've been farming that out on my NC to finally get black camo since I'd rather do an AR than the baron shotgun. I also had a illness before (not covid19 lol) and couldn't log into prime-time emerald before esclation.
  16. waystin2

Why do I keep getting killed by other factions weapons when my own weapons are so awesome? Scratching me head...
  17. That_One_Kane_Guy

NC weapons don't discriminate by faction. They're self-moderating that way. The real question is how you're managing to get killed by other faction's weapons.