the darklight doesnt reveal infiltrators (low settings)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by focart, Mar 25, 2020.

1. focart

Hello. I'm playing the game with settings set very low and my problem was described in the title... recently the darklight has stopped showing up invisible players at all.

Additionally, I'd like to ask to rework the darklight . It shows up infiltrators badly, especially in the daytime. I barely see them (I feel like the visibility of cloak is 5% or lower), on top of that, the beam is so bright, that the focal point is complitely white, which makes the darklight even less usefull.
    • Up x 1
  2. Talthos

The Darklight has been half-bugged since the 2019 DX11 update last year; it won't highlight cloakers if you're standing too close to them.

The current workaround: Keep at least 1-5 meters between yourself, and the areas you're trying to shine the Darklight on.

Back up when trying to shine the Darklight on 'common hiding corners' especially.

As for Low settings: You're probably gonna be stuck with that drawback on Low.

The only recommendation I can make, is to turn the 'Graphics Quality' setting up to 'Medium'; this is the bare minimum for 'good cloak visibility'. Everything else can be safely kept on Low.
    • Up x 1