Hitching/stuttering on parts of Esamir

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

Whenever I play on Esamir, some parts of the map cause me to hitch/stutter really badly. Some areas are worse than others. For example, Behind the solar panels near B point at Jaeger's Crossing. Or the open hilly area between Jaeger's Fist and Andvari South Bank. It's always the exact same areas regardless of the population. Sometimes there isn't anyone there and it still happens.

Everything was ok until the D11 update came out and then things got considerably worse.

Normally I get around 60-70 fps in large fights, more when no one is around. Whenever I go over certain 'laggy patches' for lack of a better word, my fps tanks to a good 15. The worst cases have been where the whole area becomes a slideshow until I leave it.

All my drivers are up to date and the game runs perfectly fine on other continents, even Hossin. I've never had this trouble until the DX11 update.

A friend I play with from another country has the exact same issue and they have a much powerful a computer than I. They get 120 fps in large fights, and more when there's no one around. Whenever we drive around those laggy spots, their fps tanks hard, too. So it's clearly not just me, my set up, or my internet connection.

I've been trying to get a video of it to upload but every time I try, it just doesn't work out, but I'll keep trying.

Has anyone else been suffering this problem? Surely it can't just be myself or my friend?
    • Up x 5
  2. shlimon bakous

i often have the problem you describe on indar,my rig i7 7700k,gtx 1070,16 gig ram 3200 cl16
  3. AlcyoneSerene

My whole game stutters at all times unless my max render distance is at 500. Being in a vehicle increases the stutter. If it gets worse I won't be able to play anymore since it's not about FPS (I'm on 144hz high FPS) but how badly it hurts the eyes and causes unsteady input. Never had such problems on Dx9.

RPG needs to fix this.
  4. Talthos

Check your GPU control panel, and make sure 'shader cache' is disabled. I've heard that it can cause problems with Planetside 2 (likely due to huge number of calls it causes the game to make upon the hard drive; even SSDs can get bogged down).
  5. iller

There actually is a huge Map geometry optimization "BlackHole" in 1 very specific part of Esamir, but it's at a base right outside the 10:00 WarpGate that no one has fought at since the Alert triggers were changed a Year ago

The issue cited is much more likely due to an unstable driver than specifically being the Developer's fault
  6. Avendorz

i can confirm this too.
    a friend and me both get random stuttering/fps drops, from what i've seen probably almost simultaniously.
    this is happening since the dx11 update. while it got better, it still makes the game unplayable sometimes when you're in combat and can't aim properly anymore and die due to that. it's really frustrating.
    i'm running it on a radeon 8970m on low-mid settings, 60 fps with vsync.
    oh yeah..and i'm playing on cobalt if that makes a difference.
  7. TRspy007

Yup, since update.

Also if you go to the tech plant balcony, you'll see there's a stuttering piece of floor in a corner lol.
  8. InexoraVC

Done it. The problem still exists. No matter is is Esamir or Indar or Amerish.
    It is not a hardware problem. It caused by latest patches and appears in 48+ or 96+ fights.
    My config:
    GTX 1060 6Gb 2/4.5 Ghz, Xeon 1660v2 6/12 cores 4.1 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, SSD.
  9. icufos

Got the same problem happening recently. Last week or so. Micro stuttering in my mosquito.
    I turned the 'shader cache' off. Made it worse.
    However made sure everything was set in my GPU TO 'USE APPLICATION SETTINGS'.
    When I looked I'd missed 'tessellation mode' so set that to UAS.

So now..
    1. Shader cache off.
    2. Everything set to 'use application settings'.
    Seems to be better now? But need more play to be sure.
    AMD RX 580 8GB.