Can the Harasser NOT be a light tank!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Mar 22, 2020.

1. karlooo

The Harasser is the most cancerous ground vehicle in the game.
    If you play the objective then the Harasser is no problem but if you play outside the Harasser is the most disgusting, annoying and overpowered vehicle with no counter.

The Harasser is basically a light tank in PS2. I'm perfectly fine with having a light tank in game but making a tiny buggy (Harasser), with ridiculous mobility, equal in strength to a light tank is absolutely stupid!

Rework this vehicle finally and also the gameplay.
    • Up x 17
  2. Demigan

Oh come on, comparing the Harasser to a light tank is unfair.

The Light tank dreams of being that tough and maneuverable.
    • Up x 18
  3. karlooo

A light, heavy tank, smaller in size than a car with an unmanned, stabilized, auto loading anti-tank rocket launcher, with also glue on its wheels.
    That's the Harasser. :D
    • Up x 2
  4. Johannes Kaiser

That, sir, is a lie! No other vehicle flips and flops and cartwheels around as incontrollably after the slightest bomp over a pebble or somesuch. :D
  5. Suicune

If the video doesn't play here, Just click the youtube link on the bottom right of the player to watch it on youtube.
    • Up x 8
  6. Werkitten

Do you still care about harasser? How about a flying heavy tank that has the highest speed and maneuverability among all ground vehicles in the game, doesn't shoot down the sight on bumps, and can climb mountains while having powerful armor and great health, on par with Prowler?

And the introduction of built-in acceleration, which no longer needs to be pumped and which does not take up the ability slot - this is just a mockery of the players of other factions, this tank was already overly powerful.

This is a real OP, it needs to either reduce armor and health to the level of "lightning", or reduce mobility (there are more interesting ways, but they are more difficult for developers).

As for harasser, it is just a problem opponent, he necessarily needs 2 people from the crew and even with a full crew, lightning can destroy it.

There is some problem with poorly implemented collision physics, when a tank is flying head over heels from a collision with a ATV or jeep - this is not normal.
    However, this can be explained by the low gravity on Auraxis, we all saw the size of its continents. According to the map, Auraxis is the size of a large asteroid :)
    • Up x 2
  7. TRspy007

Yeah, it takes 4 AP shots to kill a composite armor harasser, minus the fact that it can repair itself at the same time.

What makes harassers so scary is their access to MBT weaponry, when they are super fast, agile and actually stronger than what they should be. A good harasser will wreck a ton of stuff with relative ease, and the nightmare only gets bigger when there's more than one.

They are incredibly strong against infantry and tanks, when they should just be able to "harass" them.

The only thing that can easily wreck a harasser is air.
    • Up x 10
  8. Nakron

this video is the proof thats why most people play on vs they know that they want easy gameplay vs is a unbalanced-troll faction with a lot of people with a huge ego that dont want to lose a battle this really needs to be fixed a lot of stuff needs to be fixed and added in ps2 to really become planet side again.
  9. iller

I just think it needs to take as much damage from ESF noseguns as actual ESF's take from eachother's noseguns.

That alone would somewhat disconnect the Harasser from it's Rhino-with-Cheetah-Legs "Apex Predator' status by letting atleast 1 other vehicle in the game Soft-Counter it. This wouldn't even make them that vulnerable by the way since they can still pop that stupid Diffusor Shield crap and just laugh for 10 straight seconds as they're invulnerable to literally everything including being rammed at full speed by a Turbo Ant
  10. iller

Yah that guy's pretty good at wrecking Prowlers at close range where they're literally designed to be most vulnerable but he would't fair nearly as well using those same stunts against TotallyNotDelta or MoneyPants /w a proper Enforcer topgunner I'm sorry to say.

Overall the Harasser still gets away with way more more Physics abuse and if you don't believe me just roll a NC until you unlock Phoenix launcher and then trying hitting any Harasser consistently with the damn thing. Magriders are sitting ducks by comparison
    • Up x 2
  11. InexoraVC

Yes, I agree. Mag's pilot is more skilled and attacks first.

To topiccaster: if you're abused about harasser's OPness pull ESF. With an ESF you can easily mock any harrassers but Ranger. If you're abused about Ranger har - pull Lightning. If you're abused about tanks pull Vulcan Harasser or ESF. If you're abused about ESF pull Skyguard. Every OPness has its solution.
  12. Scatterblak

Wow. That's about par for the course, and now they're running in packs, particularly on Indar around TI, Briggs, etc. Very tough to counter.
  13. McToast

People still complain about the Harasser? There are just three things I'd change about the current Harasser:
    a) Nanites 150 -> 250
    b) M40 Fury Damage 175 -> 150, Indirect Damage 200/1m 50/3m -> 300/1m 50/5m
    c) M20 Basilisk (all variants) Muzzle Velocity 550 m/sec -> 650 m/sec, Reload Speed 3 sec -> 2,5 sec
  14. Liewec123

I'd actually give harassers a buff, 360 degree rumble seat!
    I wanna see stuff like walker harassers with rumble seat bursters maxes hunting down libs!
    But I'd also increase the cost of harassers by DOUBLE, 300.
    They do way too much already for a 150 vehicle.
  15. Overheal

Harasser is definitely a smidge too tanky. That said at least compared to the lightning and up, its actually vulnerable to small arms fire.
  16. iller

Vulnerable perhaps... but since there aren't any of them in the stupid VR room, there's no way for me to easily test out the Swarm Launcher on them in combination with GaussSaw. And my previous results of only AR and LMG's left **much** to be desired since their overall health pool is somewhere in the neighborhood of an ANTs against said rifles!

...infact they're even way too tanky+agile still against a realistically smaller squad of Archer/Shortbow engies. The only thing I've seen actually "destroy" them one by one, is multiple Sundies all equipped with Walkers which just isn't a fair equation of Nanites
  17. Overheal

I'm literally staring at one in VR?
  18. PinkHurtsMyEyes

Harassers used to be harassers (after the first large nerf or armour and rep-rate) they were literally harassers, ofc good crews could get MBT crews but, yeah.

Then came CAI all vehicles were thrown up in to the air, and landed as increased hitpoint bulletsponges with changed resistances and way to long ttk, no flanking bonuses (armour) awful gameplay. Eventually DGC realized that they had messed with something they shoulda left alone but they didn't revert the code (IDK if they even have builds and repositories so they can - after all they had no idea what magrider racer top speed was for a while) it was a hot-pot of multiple changes at once - hardly any of which was called for.

Instead they buffed TTK through tanks main guns, top gunners are still left to hang and the HARASSER became a light tank through two specific changes. Armour was buffed (it was crap and something was needed) AND repair rate in back seat was buffed from 30% to 50% which is what make them tanky. Harssers went from hit and run with stealth builds being the main to armour harassers who can stay in the fight much longer due to armour and increased repair rate. GG CAI was a nightmare and it is still the gift that keeps on giving.

A side effect is that vanu now have the weakest harasser. Halberd suffers from the reduced damage, Saron is not where it was vs Vulcan and Mjolnir (Enforcer is another story) which means that while harassers pre CAI was in a pretty good place (GK AND Mjolnir was a bit off) but now they are unbalanced, bulletsponges with fast ruble seat repairs - fun fact. the first nerf of harassers were backseat repair rate (but why learn from ealier mistakes).

However you can't nerf the armour and rep rate without restoring the halberd/saron/fury combat efficiency at the same time and with changed hit pools and resistance values it's a nightmare. I HATE the changed reloadspeed of the halberd. It feels like reload 4 for the old one and I kept missclicking for half a year from muscle memory. Off by 1/10 of a second.

I wrote something about the harassers years ago when they were in a good place, maybe I can find it.

I did: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-state-of-the-harasser.240073/

It's from back in 2016 when I had auraxiumed my first harasser a while ago, had tried all types and guns and fought all types and guns and also from the perspective of MBT, Lightning and Sunderer. There was supposed to be a part two dealing with the mjolnir and gatekeeper issues at the time but as often is - whats the point. Devs ignore the forums and ppl getting killed by something they don't like won't listen anyways.
  19. iller

Nah f*** it, I already unlocked the Swarm and have been landing TONs of hits on harassers with it the past 24 hours.
    It's good but only if unlocked by people who understand the difference between Firing Modes who will reach their finger all the way over their keyboards to toggle back and forth. 2 or 3 of us launching these things from Valks would make Harasser mains ragequit

But that's still not a good solution since the harasser itself doesn't require even a FRACTION of that level of coordination which is why I still think the main soft counter to them should be ESF nosegun damage (and I'm saying this as someone who can already consistently land Hornets on them from the air).
  20. Johannes Kaiser

So you would say the most annoying ground thing should mainly be countered by the aspect of the game that is the most difficult to learn? Granted, A2G is by far not as difficult as A2A, but to counter a Harry you'd still have to enter a piranha tank.
    • Up x 2