[Vehicle] Harassers < Oppressors

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tanktarget, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Tanktarget

Thread title - any else think harassers need some tlc as far as resource cost or ability to withstand shots from lightnings and MBT's forever..... correction dodge half and tank what hits

I have nothing against the offensive power they hold maybe bar the size and ability to run down X amount of infantry fresh spawning in from a sundy but their ability to just dodge absolutely everything and tank what does hit them, piss off and then repair up without downtime seems a bit too much in scattered situations.

I'm not claiming to know where to nerf them or what else to buff in compensation but i'd weather a guess that harasser effectiveness trumps most if not all other ground based vehicles for any duo/trio that use them - if you was to filter out solo derp **** compared to fully manned harassers. How often will a lightning kill a harasser 1v1 and yeah before people call the 'well if its fully manned it should win' card i dont believe so, tanks and and infantry anti tank weaponry has such low projectile velocity that between personal performance and lag its a pain in the *** to hit something and im pretty sure just that circumstance makes them so powerful

Can we get some constructive talk below rather than nope.jpeg and such.... inb4 first reply is the latter
    • Up x 1
  2. Novidian

Of all the vehicles I loathe, it's the harasser. How does a dune buggy take a direct shot and keep on moving? Given how stupidly mobile and fast they are, coupled with their power, I'm not sure I'd bother engaging one in an AP lightning. Hell, even in a vanguard, if I'm alone I'll probably not want any. A direct hit should make them want to bug out, not double down, ram you, and blow your *** up before you get that second shot in. If you miss a shot with a tank, things go south; quickly. Just IMO.
    • Up x 3
  3. ican'taim

This isn't an opinion, it's a FACT. If it was up to me, one AP shot from a lightning should put it on fire (for bALaNcE!1!) Sadly this will never happen because r/planetside will defend it to the grave, as with headshot multipliers.
    • Up x 2
  4. TRspy007

Yeah it takes at least 4 shots to kill a harasser if the guy isn't using fs or has an engineer at the back, while it barely takes a magazine for a harasser to kill you. Ridiculous.
    • Up x 4