Personal question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by silgagghia54, Mar 17, 2020.

1. silgagghia54

This message is aimed for planetside 2 veterans :) !
    Hello guys , my name is alex . i have started playing PS2 when i was 14 and now i am 19 ! Even though i stopped playing PS2 after a while , my general ability for gaming has improved significantly since i became a CSGO semi-pro player.

Now that i am willing to come back on PS2 i have some questions :

Since my mouse/aim accuracy is really good ( when i am shooting i always aim for heads and i can follow player movements while shooting ) i was wondering what would be the best Faction to join ? i heard that NC is harder but more rewarding , does it mean if i am a good aimer it should be the one i should choose ?

i'm not sure if to choose the TR or NC faction ( the other one does not interest me ). I am currently looking for the faction that has the best characteristics for players with good aim that wants to kill fast .

I hope i made myself clear , it is quite hard for me to expres myself in my non-native language.
    Apologizes.

alex
  2. Eternaloptimist

You will probably remember that NC weapons tend to hit harder but shoot slower, so that may influence your choice if you are a good shot.

But there are a range of fairly new high damage/low RoF carbines available to both NC and TR (including one NS weapon available to all factions) so it depends on what class you intend to run.

I suggest you try out a few in VR training or something.
  3. silgagghia54

so since TR had a better DPS , i should stick with them ?
  4. FLHuk

Play all three :)
    • Up x 2
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

Personally I think that VR training is insufficient for determining weapon preference, since in my experience your performance in a controlled environment against stationary, un-upgraded targets vs. in a real-world scenario is significantly different.

I'd honestly suggest creating a character on both factions and trying each out for the first ~15 levels with the starter weapons only. This should give you a good immersion into the weapon archetypes for each faction so you can make a more informed decision. We can only give you the barest of hints as to what you would prefer, but you will know what is 'comfortable' for you. You can always delete the char if you don't like the faction.
    • Up x 1
  6. Campagne

I'd say you should probably choose the TR.

All things being equal time to kill is often pretty much identical for respective equivalent weapons, and the game inherently favours higher RoFs overall. Plus there are a small handful of TR-specific goodies that anyone would want to have, like the Striker for AA, and a very good MAX.
  7. silgagghia54

after a few hours trying TR , i realise i really like this aggresive playstyle .. is it the same for the other factions ?
  8. Eternaloptimist

Actually, I've just realised they're SMGs so it doesn't matter what class you play - my mistake. My excuse is that I've been out of the game for a while now due to no usable internet where I now live.
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

Play both!

Make a character for both TR and NC. Go to VR and see if you like the feel of how some of the weapons fire on the dummies or against a wall. See if you like how quickly they can take out targets (and maybe even how they sound). Don't forget to take a look at the faction-specific vehicles too.

I main TR but I have 2 NC alts and 1 VS. I love the fact as TR I can paint spray with many of their weapons but they don't hit as hard, so those extra bullets in the mag really do help. When playing NC, I tend to take more care in how and when to shoot. Weapons do more damage but they fire the slowest of all 3 factions.
    • Up x 1