Orbital Strike Spamming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by snu, Mar 17, 2020.

1. snu

This is my new favorite feature of the Escalation :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Rooklie

Haven't tried it out yet, wana save a few before I go BOOM BOOM haha.

Although, personally, I think that's absolutely ******** !
  3. DrPapaPenguin

The other day there was a 3-way fight in Crown, they were dropping every couple of minutes. Was fun actualy :D
  4. Liewec123

unless you spent 450 on a max that isn't TR (with lockdown) because even hugging corners won't save maxes.
    i've had times were i've pulled a max, walked into the base and then got OSed by an ally before i've even met my first enemy...
    i really don't get why people would think OS is fun, its one farmer left clicking to TK all of their allies and kill all of the enemies.
    • Up x 2
  5. TRspy007

This stuff has to stop. I don't even know why they added more ways to OS in the game, without adding at least some restrictions to prevent this constant spamming.

Honestly so cancerous, useless and does not match the nature of the game. Not to mention the people who spam them are such intellectuals the manage to nuke more of their teammates than actual threats. TaCtIkOoL I guess.

This game has degraded so much since beta and the SOE days. Bastions, OS, construction, infils should be removed from the game and focus should go only on improving battle-flow and the sense of combined arms. I'm once again disappointed they put aside Oshur (or even FINISHING HOSSIN) for this nonsense.
    • Up x 1
  6. DrPapaPenguin

I usually don't play max in the first place, TR maxes have woefully inconsistent weapons. As infantry I was only killed once out of... 9-10 strikes because I couldn't outrun the area. And it's fun because it means frontline actually moves.
  7. TRspy007

Yeah, if that were true, there would be no need to spam them. They really don't do anything, most people don't know how to use them effectively, and even if they do clear a path, no one pushes and the bases aren't designed for battle-flow. The front-line just quickly reforms and we're back to the same thing.

I'm not sure I've seen 1 OS that actually did something to help with the flow of battle. Not once.
    • Up x 1
  8. DrPapaPenguin

Well, in that Crown fight the team pushed in hard right after each strike,so for me it was damn fun. And besides it's not that hard to avoid them.
  9. Rooklie

As I understand it, people mostly use them to try and get as many kills as possible in one go :p
    • Up x 1
  10. TRspy007

Yeah, nuking half their team while they're at it. Brings nothing to actual gameplay strategically and trolls fights.
  11. TRspy007

That's debatable.

Also if people can avoid them, how do they shape fights?

People (on both teams) see an orbital, move back for a sec and then retake their positions.

It's great if people actually made a successful push, but trust me, that rarely (if not never) happens.

It'll get old really fast.
  12. Deviance

MAKE SKY WALLS STRONGER PLEASE
  13. snu

PSA: I was being sarcastic when I said it was my "favorite feature" of the escalation.

I'm happy to see some of you hoping to capitalize off of the current state of Orbital Strikes though :D.
  14. Onical

i would make the one from resources have a cooldown 1 hour? 33% smaller but trigger a bit faster to compensate so it not easier to dodge,lastly do less building damage to differentiate it from the one bases can call in. so it takes multiple outfit to spam it in a area or to instantly destroy a player made base.

i never used it but to me i think it unfair that it 1 shots bases (from what i seen i don't actually build stuff). and if it true that maxes struggle to get out of blast range maybe make them have fall damage immunity.they have so many weaknesses that giving them a new perk of letting them jump off ledges without taking fall damage should not be a game changer after all (most will not want to split up from there engineer buddy so it will rarely be used anyway)
  15. Johannes Kaiser

I was (I forgot where exactly) on Hossin today, and within 5 minutes 7 OS were dropped: 1 by our side, 6 by the enemies. That was just absurd. And not in a fun way. They even places 3 OS on my Sundy within a single minute. Thanks to deploy shield and a few helpful engineers (who entered the vehicle as cover and popped out to repaor afterwards) it survived ALL of that.
  16. Liewec123

they should just remove spawn router from the game at this point,
    because enemies and allies will just passively kill it within the first minute.
  17. Peebuddy

Routers are fine IMO, some of the bases can honestly only be taken with a router. The OS need to be toned down though Jesus Christ! It was balanced in the first one by having a 24h cooldown mainly to kill an ams, here each blast is 10 times more deadly than they ever were in PS1.

They are fun, I can't deny that, seeing people and tanks fly across the map is hilarious. However having them go off every few minutes is just dumb.
    • Up x 1