[Vehicle] The Bastion Fleet Carrier discussion and debate thread.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nregroepis, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Money

Holy necro, Batman!
  2. ican'taim

Hmm... Concept art bastions look more interesting than the ones on Live.
    Perhaps stuff with ingame physics (you can't stand on a moving bastion) forced them to use the PS:A asset?
  3. TRspy007

I currently don't like the way it's been implemented.

• Can't be repaired
    • Can not host battles inside
    • Does not allow the whole faction to spawn in
    • Another invincible air vehicle meant to farm infantry and ground vehicles with ease
    • Does not tie into any particular aspect of the game
    • Almost impossible for the smaller outfits to pull (at least reliably).

Yeah overall this just encourages more farming from pilots. Not really fun.
  4. DreadChamber

**** you and your stupid decisions

you made a legit hacking carrier for all the zergfits tryhards

what the **** is in your minds. It kills people in a spawn room u *****.

especially you, braindead biased vs fggot called bandana michael/wrel
    • Up x 1
  5. FLHuk

Cert a skyguard, follow the air brick, farm the air brick, profit.
  6. Liewec123

I don't even think it should have been added as a summonable vehicle,
    I'd rework the air alert so instead of the objective being resource nonsense it'd be to destroy the enemy bastions,
    When the alert starts aircraft will go free as usual, but now 3 Bastions (one per faction) will come down from space
    and move in a big circle around the map, (they'd come down close to their factions warpgate.)
    the objective of the alert is simple, destroy the enemy bastions!
    The alert could last until only one remains, but after 40 minutes all 3 could converge on the middle of the map
    (For one final massive battle!)
    It'd have lots of gun turrets, both A2A (direct damage like walkers) and A2G (but not that stupid right click one.)
    and to get in and out of them the players would use a special teleporter at the warpgate to travel to the "control room"
    and in the control room would be a seat to control each turret,
    pressing the interact button would make you use the seat like entering a vehicle,
    your character would remain on the seat while you control the turret.
    The control room would have the same TK prevention as warpgates,
    to prevent kids from killing people to use the seats themselves.
    • Up x 1
  7. The Shady Engineer

It's pretty clear the current implementation of the Bastion was half baked. They don't really have a place in the game meta, are a bug fest and their click and forget cannons are completely busted damage wise and hit through walls.

I agree with what others above said about how the Bastion should be tied to alerts and be more of a support vehicle instead of another form of a killstreak you can pull from a terminal. Also remember this is still early days where only the zergfits can pull Bastions. When smaller outfits will be able to afford pulling these, it will not be a good time. Hopefully something is done by then.

Also on a sidenote, has anyone tried calling an orbital strike on a Bastion?
    • Up x 1
  8. TRspy007

and what skyguard protects you from an invincible max height air vehicle that can shoot through walls?

Not to mention the platoon of air that constantly flies around it like mindless wasps.

Pull a skyguard, you won't even last a second, I can promise you that. Show me a video of you farming a bastion, and not only will I believe and respect you, I'll buy a the equivalent of 10$ in DBC for me to spend on the game, something I haven't done since SOE days.
  9. FLHuk

All I can go by is my experience and that was the things were no threat at all to a ball of mostly Skyguards.

I do run shadowplay but as it was laughable I didn't feel it needed saving.

I will from here on in save anything relevant and post it. If I get MDK187 everytime I see one I will update :)
  10. Towie

My own (limited) experience so far - the faction who pulls a Bastion fleet carrier loses territory fast.

Maybe it's because an organised platoon is suddenly taken away from the battlefield and having fun in their new 'toy' ?

It does look great though so I guess that's something...
    • Up x 3
  11. TRspy007

Not even an organised platoon, but the way the population is, having one platoon or two defending the bastion basically cuts out half the faction's population, leaving tons of territories unguarded.

Also it's pretty ridiculous that it can not serve as a spawn-point for the whole faction. If it allowed anyone to sapwn in and fall onto the base like a gal drop, it might be a little more useful, but currently all it does is give a nice killstreak for whoever pulled it.

I feel this is just a new aerial anomaly event basically, and they hype will die down fast.
    • Up x 1