Forced to play on SolTech

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vomakith, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Vomakith

I recently returned to the game where I use to play on the Briggs server, now to my understanding the server pretty much died so the devs took it down. As they where about to remove Briggs they gave the players an option to move there characters to Connery before they forced all the characters to Soltech, as an Aussie the ping between the two servers is almost the same but the major difference is the communication barrier, I don't see why they moved us all to Soltech but maybe they don't like people understanding each other on voice coms. Connery with more English speakers means I would rather play there to engage with the community but instead my character is now suck on SolTech and i'm not interested in starting all over again from lvl 1.

Pretty much I sent a message to the devs to have my character moved but they told me that the devs wont atm even though there about to release escalations, I would think that they would try to accommodate there returning players especially those who are forced to play on a server which was not of there choosing.

edit. Lol they don't even have a Outfit recruitment subreddit on this forum for Soltech and they still have the old briggs one up...
  2. csvfr

Server transfers should be free and unrestricted, only reason it isn't is because it has potential for monetization.
  3. MykeMichail

I jumped on SolTech with my main (MykeMichail) and got a ping around 330.

Jumped onto Connery with my Connery alt and got 220 ms.

Australia might be considered part of "Asia Pacific" but that doesn't mean we have good internet connections to parts of Asia.

Please Daybreak let us transfer our mains for free AT LEAST once.
  4. Lord_Avatar

Absolutely not. Free server transfers have the potential to severely dick with population dynamics.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pelojian

regional servers exist for both connection quality and language.
    not only is soltech worse ping then connery for australians, almost all of soltech's population doesn't speak english.

they never should have forced inactives to sol tech, they should have done their homework and realized brigg>soltech would be worse then connery in both connection and language.
  6. KuroPredator

I too, thought soltech would be a problem communication wise but I joined The Last Ravens (English speaking outfit with plenty of aussies) on TR and it felt like the exact same experience I had on Emerald. My ping to Soltech from Brisbane is only 160ms compared to 250+ on Connery. Plus we get to play at our primetime instead of waking up early to get large fights on Emerald/Connery. Maybe try finding english speaking communities on Soltech?
  7. NimRox

Been looking for a solution to the same issue. I noticed a Dev post on Reddit saying they are looking at a one time transfer for returning players in the next week. This can't get hear soon enough Soltech is dead when I want to be playing. It's a bad as the Briggs that lead me to give up the game.
  8. Lord_Avatar

While you are correct, I stand by what I wrote about free server transfers. If those do become available, they should only come into play as an exception.
  9. Lord_Avatar

Blah blah blah.
  10. FLHuk

• Up x 1