Max Players what grenade no you fear most

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coliax, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Coliax

Flash, Concussion or Av, which one is it? I'm asking because i building on a Defensive Heavy Loadout. I would like to go with grenade bandolier on suit slot because the other options dosent make sense and maxes are the biggest Thread when it comes to Pointhold. So what Grenade counters best? (based on your experience).
    Thanks for Reply's!
  2. TR5L4Y3R

having done some max play
    concussion definetively works so you can use that allong with your launcher with having a good option against infantry as well,

for straight up damage AV grenade is good as it also connects/sticks to the max on hit and can do slight damage to infantry (good for hitting engineers and medics that may support the max) otherwise if you get close enough C4 pretty much is a guaranteed maxkill (which imho the max needs a definitiv buff, heck even with level 4 ordinance armor i hardly survive) ...

decimatorlauncher while slow and limited in ammo is pretty brutal ... otherwise your standart dumpfire launcher does the job too

additionaly if you want to go full on antiarmor hunter crossbow with explosives ads some suplementary AVdamage as well as some infantrysupression ... though considering the HA´s launcher it´s not realy neccesary so rather may keep the secondary weaponslot for antiinfantry ..

the thumper heavy weapon does some fair damage agains default maxes, it requires 7 to 8 direct hits to take a max down ... if you play vanu the lasher is intrestingly enough fairly damaging to a max for a heavy weapon ...

other counters to maxes are light assaults with C4 and the rockletrifle with typhonammo as they are good for their mobilty
    engineers with the archer antimaterial rifle aswell as AV mines pretty damaging to maxes ..

this should pretty much cover your options i think .. better test explosive weapons in VR and see how much you need of any to kill a default max ... if the max is supported by infantry see that may take out engineers or medics to cut support to the max if you can´t quickly take it down ...