Another Update.. No Fix for Voice Chat..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaLaBear, Sep 24, 2019.

1. LaLaBear

Per title. Haven't been able to see or join voice channels since 8/14 update. Multiple threads on this by other users and DBG support has been useless. Pretty tired of this.
  2. LaLaBear

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...hat-stopped-working-help.250983/#post-3537283
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ce-chat-not-working-after-8-14-hotfix.252321/

So it does look like some others are experiencing similar issues and through troubleshooting with various players it looks like it may be a bug with the game itself. This will require a fix from the devs. I have posted the issue to them but it will also be helpful to submit a bug report so they can collect more info. How do I report a bug?
    Thank you so much for your patience and hopefully they can get it resolved soon!
  3. Fisheyed

Did you try copying the game files from your old laptop - where it was working?
  4. LaLaBear

Yes I tried it but it didn't make a difference. Thank you for the suggestion though.
    Here is what my voice chat shows.
    https://imgur.com/UevViJQ
  5. JohnnyWayne

Does this happen on all chracters or only one specific?

I have had that character specific issue and contacted support about it. After a lot of messages going back and forth the good lady writing with me contacted the platform team and they fixed something on my character. After that all was well again.
  6. FriendlyHuman

Did you do something special before voice chat disappeared? Installed new drivers, huge Windows 10 update?
    1) Use /joinchannel squad (platoon, fireteam, leader or proximity). Or /leavechannel squad
    2) Are you sure that BattleEye doesn't block anything?
    3) What antivirus do you use on your PC and laptop? What OS is installed on them?
  7. LaLaBear

Voice doesn't work on any of my characters on this computer. Was it the Daybreak support team that was able to fix something for you?

I know it's terrible but I have windows updates completely off. My last update was 2018 and 2016 before that. Recent program updates for me were firefox and MS Office 365. The only thing that really changed was the 8/14 PS2 hotfix. The day before it worked, right after the update it didn't. I should note that it does not work on PTS either, but I'm not sure when that started.

1) I have tried to both join and leave then join, but neither changes. I have also tried changing the .ini file to disable and then to re enable but also no changes. I've never messed with my settings in the .ini before so I'm confident this isn't something I caused.
    2) I'm not sure but how can I tell? I don't run with any mods, background programs, recursion or anything. My game is completely "as downloaded." I have reinstalled 4 times actually now on both SSDs. Even formatted the secondary drive before installing to see if that made a difference.
    3) I'm using Windows 10 on my main with the default Windows Defender and my old laptop has windows 7 with Avast.

Thank you for the responses, definitely willing to try whatever I can to get it to work again.
  8. LaLaBear

Bump because it's frustrating as hell to not be able to coordinate with teammates in game after 3.5 months this still has not been fixed. Filing a ticket was worthless, they basically told me to go **** myself and I'm hardly playing at all anymore because of this issue.
  9. LaLaBear

6 month + a week bump. Cannot connect to voice servers. Please fix. Thx.
  10. Fisheyed

Have you tried reinstalling windows?
  11. LaLaBear

That's the one thing I haven't done yet. I'd like to try it and rule out the OS but it's an insane amount of work to wipe my computer and remove the bloatware + get all the settings the way I want them again. This glitch did stem directly from an update so I don't know how it could affect the OS. I have formatted the second harddrive and installed it there but no change.
  12. LaLaBear

7 months to date.
  13. Fisheyed

Try installing windows on your 2nd harddrive and then just planetside and then see. That way you won't need to wipe your original hard drive.